There will be an Ordinary Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council on Thursday, 10h October 2013 at 7.30pm at Stutton Village Hall for the purpose of transacting the following business:-
Members of the press and public are welcome to attend, to address the council between 7.30pm and 7.45pm and to listen to the proceedings (other than those conducted in Part II).
Clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council
AGENDA – ORDINARY MEETING
1. APOLOGIES: To receive and record apologies.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial, and discolsable pecuniary interests. Councillors with prejudicial interests must leave the room for relevant item(s).
3. MINUTES: To approve and sign minutes of meeting held on 12th and 25th September 2013.
4. PROGRESS REPORTS – To receive any reports for information only from:-
Cllr. Fawcett to report on the possibility of a group fuel/oil purchase scheme in order to obtain discounted rates for heating fuel.
- VILLAGE HALL & GROUNDS –
Clerk to report re fault with the boiler, and later in the month a water leak to supply pipe, that caused water to flood on village hall floor.
6.1 Payment of Accounts for Stutton Parish Council – To note monies which have been received and which have been paid for the Parish Council. To note and sign cheques for those which are due for payment including Clerk’s salary.
- Payment of Account for Stutton Village Hall. To note monies which have been received and which have been paid for Stutton Village Hall. To note and sign cheques for those which are due for payment.
- Bank Statements and Invoices. Chairman to initial all Bank Statements and Invoices.
- Year End Accounts and Audit completion. Clerk to advise re completion of annual audit for year end March 2013, with Code of Conduct Standing Orders now updated for Chairman’s signature.
- Budget 2012/2013. To discuss forthcoming projects in line with budget requirements.
7. PLANNING MATTERS:-
7.1 Action: To discuss the following Planning Applications
a) Single storey car port with extension to side and rear, porch to front, and loft conversion – 22 Manor Road, Stutton, Tadcaster.
b) Erection of a dwelling following demolition of existing dwelling – Peggy Ellerton Farm, Chantry Lane, Hazlewood.
7.2 Action: To note the following granted planning decisions
a) Erection of a first floor extension above Garage, single storey link extension and single storey extension to rear – 100 acre Wood, Hill Top Close, Stutton.- granted.
b) Erection of 2 No. Stone gate posts to match existing Stone gate post – Holly Tree, Church Lane, Stutton – granted
7.3 To discuss the following planning matters
a To discuss findings of the Parish Councillors visit to Owl House, Green Lane, in relation to planning compliance with regard to the drive and planting/screening layout.
b Parish Council to continue discussion from minute 13042.3 MOM 13/6/13 regarding the development of any plan of action concerning their general disappointment in relation to SDCs disregard of the Parish Councils comments under proposed planning applications, and thereafter SDCs limited enforcement of detailed plans, layouts and agreements under approvals. Discuss response received from Selby District Council Community Officer.
c. Clerk to report re observations returned to SDC planning department later than original due return date – would they be disregarded, despite the planning officers agreement to extend date of return?
8 PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE – Action: To discuss any action / information received.
9. HEDGE AT BEECH TREE CROSS ROADS JUNCTION Clerk/Chairman to report on proposed meeting with traffic Management Control Engineer (north yorks) re investigation into measures for safety improvement at this junction.
10. 20 MILE-PER HOUR SPEED LIMIT WITHIN VILLAGE – To discuss recent document prepared by Cllr Birchall.
11. FENCING AROUND BEECH TREE – To discuss – See MOM 12/09/13 item 13082
12. AFFORDABLE HOUSING SURVEY– To discuss any further action, with Cllr Wrigglesworth to report rural housing meeting 26 September 2013.
13. BUS SERVICES – To discuss questionnaire relating to proposed reductions to bus services,
forwarded by N.Y.C.C. – See MOM 12/09/13 item 13087
14. CORRESPONDENCE – To note the following items of correspondence for information:-
- The Clerk.
15. COUNCILLORS’ REPORT AND ITEMS FOR FUTURE AGENDA – Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making. To bring to the Council’s attention any correspondence received since preparation of the agenda.
16. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Action: To confirm date of next ordinary meeting scheduled for Thursday, 14th November 2013 at 7.30 pm.