You have been summoned to an Ordinary Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council on Thursday, 11th December 2014 at 7.30pm at Stutton Village Hall for the purpose of transacting the following business: -.
Members of the press and public are welcome to attend, to address the Council between 7.30pm and 7.45pm and to listen to the proceedings (other than those conducted in Part II).
Clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council
AGENDA – ORDINARY MEETING
1. APOLOGIES: To receive and record apologies.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial, and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with prejudicial interests must leave the room for relevant item(s).
3. MINUTES: To approve and sign minutes of meeting held on 13th November 2014, and agree and resolve that the receipts and payments report, as recorded under the ordinary meeting minutes, is accepted.
4. PROGRESS REPORTS:
5. VILLAGE HALL & GROUNDS:
5.1 To discuss, consider options and agree actions in relation the running and administration of the Village Hall, reviewing the response for volunteers (as advertised on Village Hall notice board), to serve on the former the Village Hall Committee. This responsible body was dissolved over 10 years ago due to lack of interest. If volunteers are not forthcoming, alternative options to be considered as recorded under MOM 11th November 2014 item 14073.
5.2 To discuss request by “Playgroup” for a new sign to request residents to use dog bin and pick up dog poo outside the Village Hall.
6.1 Payment of Accounts for Stutton Parish Council – To note monies which have been received and which have been paid for the Parish Council. To note and sign cheques for those which are due for payment including Clerk’s salary.
6.2 Payment of Account for Stutton Village Hall – To note monies which have been received and which have been paid for Stutton Village Hall. To note and sign cheques for those which are due for payment.
6.3 Bank Statements and Invoices – Chairman to initial all Bank Statements and Invoices.
6.4 Council Tax Precept 2015/16 – Clerk to distribute correspondence under letter dated 12th November 2014. Parish Council to review requirement for next financial year.
7. PLANNING: –
7.1 Action:– No new matters to discuss this month.
8. PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE – Action: To discuss any action.
9. CHURCH – Parish Council to discuss any developments in relation to demolition and proposed new dwelling, at St Aidan’s Church and review any communications with Church of England. Chairman to report on proposed restructured letter, in line with recent developments, to the Archbishop of York, Bishop of Selby and other relevant parties, with an invitation to visit the Church site.
10. GRASS CUTTING – Parish Council to discuss details received from NYCC (24th October 2014) re revisions to their grass cutting service and review NYCC response to their request for additional cutting to be considered. Parish Council have also given consideration to minimal affordable grass cutting within the finance of the parish precept, with Councillor Wrigglesworth reviewing various cutting options. Clerk to report re previous request to contact SDC to ascertain which areas they cut and the frequency.
11. UNDERPASS – Cllrs Fawcett and Cllr Heard to report findings following meeting with Mr Yateman (AONE, representing Highways Maintenance) re outstanding matters relating to the underpass, prior to review of new lighting agreement as proposed by Northern Powergrid.
12. CORRESPONDENCE – To note the following items of correspondence for information: Letter from NYCC responding to Parish Councils request for additional grass cutting, above NYCC latest proposals.
- Letter from NYCC responding to Parish Council’s request for additional grass cutting, above NYCC latest proposals.
- Poster and letter from SDC re “Plan Selby” public consultation.
13. COUNCILLORS’ REPORT AND ITEMS FOR FUTURE AGENDA – Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision-making. To bring to the Council’s attention any correspondence received since preparation of the agenda.
14. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Action: To confirm date scheduled for next ordinary meeting, Thursday, 8 January 2015 at 7.30 pm.