You are hereby summoned to an Ordinary Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council on Thursday, 13th March 2014 at 7.30pm at Stutton Village Hall for the purpose of transacting the following business: –
Members of the press and public are welcome to attend to address the Council between 7.30pm and 7.45pm and to listen to the proceedings (other than those conducted in Part II).
Clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council
AGENDA – ORDINARY MEETING
1. APOLOGIES: To receive and record apologies.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial, and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with prejudicial interests must leave the room for relevant item(s).
3. MINUTES: To approve and sign minutes of meeting held on 13th February 2014.
4. PROGRESS REPORTS –
Clerk to report on response from YLCA re request for County/Town Councillors to contribute to discussions within Parish Council Meetings.
5. VILLAGE HALL & GROUNDS –
5.1 Clerk to update Parish Council re Non domestic Rates and Rate relief – Village Hall.
6.1 Payment of Accounts for Stutton Parish Council – To note monies which have been received and which have been paid for the Parish Council. To note and sign cheques for those which are due for payment including Clerk’s salary.
6.2 Payment of Account for Stutton Village Hall – To note monies which have been received and which have been paid for Stutton Village Hall. To note and sign cheques for those which are due for payment.
6.3 Bank Statements and Invoices – Chairman to initial all Bank Statements and Invoices.
6.4 Insurance – Parish Council to review insurance renewal.
6.5 Renewal of grass cutting contract – Prior to Contract placement, Clerk to report on renewal of grass cutting Contract with Living Landscapes, including additional grass cut at Garnet Lane.
PLANNING MATTERS: –
7.1 Action: To discuss the following Planning Applications
Consultation on planning application ref C8/70/16D/PA to allow extraction operations to continue until February 2016 on land at Jackdaw Crag Quarry, Tadcaster.
Outline application including access, landscaping, layout and scale for the erection of a 3 bedroom detached house, Red Roofs, Church Crescent, Stutton.
7.2 To discuss the following planning matters
Parish Council to review various outstanding actions to be undertaken by SDC Planning department – Cllr Birchall to report.
8. PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE – Action: To discuss any action / information received.
9. HEDGE AT BEECH TREE CROSS ROADS JUNCTION – update re request for double line stop with sign, or a similar arrangement being placed at the bottom of Moor Hill, and request for “no through road” signs to mitigate “Rat Run” traffic driving from Moor lane to the London road (A162).
10. AFFORDABLE HOUSING SURVEY– Clerk to update Council re further communication from SCD re affordable housing.
11. CHURCH – Parish Council to review recent developments in relation to the future of Stutton Church, Cllr Wrigglesworth to Report.
12. LIGHT AND GRAFFITI TO UNDERPASS – Clerk to report on progress in addressing repairs/cleaning.
13 BENCH REPAIR STUTTON ROAD Parish Council to report re repair /refurbishment.
14 REPAIRS TO VERGES AND NEW SIGNS – WINGATE HILL Clerk to report on verbal response from NYCC Traffic Management Control Engineer re improvements to verges and signs at Wingate Hill.
15 RECENT THEFT IN THE VILLAGE – Clerk to report
16. CORRESPONDENCE – To note the following items of correspondence for information:
Clerk and Councils Direct.
Documents – Waste and Minerals joint plan
17. COUNCILLORS’ REPORT AND ITEMS FOR FUTURE AGENDA – Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making. To bring to the Council’s attention any correspondence received since preparation of the agenda.
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Action: To confirm date of next ordinary meeting scheduled 10th April 2014 at 7.30 pm.