OFFICIAL NOTICE OF STUTTON CUM HAZLEWOOD PARISH COUNCIL ANNUAL MEETING
The Annual Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council is to be held on Thursday 14 May at 1930 by Zoom video-conference.
Parish Councillors: You are hereby summoned to the meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council on Thursday 14 May 2020. If you are unable to attend please advise the clerk at least 3 days in advance of the meeting giving reasons for your absence.
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the Council is in session.
- Any elector (listener) or member of the press is entitled to attend this meeting and raise any concerns or questions they may have with the Parish Council. Any member of the public wishing to speak at or observe the meeting must notify the Clerk, who will advise as to the procedure, at least 3 days before the meeting. Any concerns and questions must be written, either by letter or e-mail, and also received by the Clerk at least 3 days before the meeting.
- Listeners’ comments will be taken at agenda item 200506 with a time restriction of 15 minutes maximum.
- Listeners may also comment on the meeting at agenda item 200518. This is for information only.
- Decisions cannot be made at this meeting on items not on the agenda.
Chairman to welcome councillors and visitors to the meeting; remind visitors when comments may be made and that the public must not interrupt whilst the meeting is in progress.
200502. Elections and Co-option
- Election of Chairman for the year 2020/21. Elected Chairman to sign Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
- Election of Vice-Chairman for the year 2020/21.
- Confirmation of the co-option of Elaine Catt as a Parish Councillor.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons.
200504. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the meeting for the relevant item(s).
190505. Minutes of previous meeting
- Councillors to discuss and resolve whether or not to accept the 12 March minutes as an accurate record of the meeting.
- Chairman to sign the minutes if accepted.
200506. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors.
200507. Administrative Matters
- Empowerment of the Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer after consultation with the Chairman and/or Vice-Chairman to do anything expedient and necessary to ensure the continuous business of the Council, and to deal with mandatory undertakings in order to prevent the authority from incurring liability.
- Review of Standing Orders. This shall include the adoption if approved of a new Standing Order 3x (and subsequent renumbering), namely: 3x In the event of it proving necessary to hold a meeting remotely via video-conference in accordance with Paragraph 10 of the Local Government Act 1972 these Standing Orders will continue to apply but in addition (i) any member of the press or public wishing to speak at or observe the meeting must notify the Clerk, who will advise as to the procedure, at least 3 days before the meeting and (ii) Councillors are deemed present for the purposes of any remote meeting, when they can speak, hear, and be heard (and where practicable see and be seen) by all those in attendance (whether by video conferencing or by telephone).
- Review of Financial Regulations.
- Review of the Asset Register.
- Confirmation of arrangements for insurance cover.
- Review of subscriptions to other bodies.
- Adoption of budget for 2020/21.
- Review of the Code of Conduct.
- Review of the Risk Assessment.
- Review of the Grievance Policy.
- Review of the Disciplinary Policy.
- Calendar of meetings for the year 2020/21.
200508. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 27 April 2020:
Current account £8499.99
Investment account £10034.62
CIL balance £325.60
b) Payments made since last meeting
bi) M Parnaby (Brant Lane repairs) £1260.00 cheque no. 000940
bii) YLCA (aannual subscription) £312.00 cheque no. 000941
biii) G Kitchen April Salary £193.37 cheque no. 000942
c) Payments to be made at this meeting
ci) G Kitchen May Salary £193.37 cheque no. 000944
cii) G Kitchen (Zoom subscription) £14.39 cheque no. 000945
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation.
e) Council to resolve whether or not to accept report and payments; RFO to initial bank sheets & invoices on behalf of the Chairman.
200509. RFO’s Report on the Governance and Accounting Statements 2019/20
a) To consider and resolve approval of the Annual Governance Statement 2019/20. Chairman to sign if accepted.
b) To consider and resolve approval of the Accounting Statements 2019/20. Chairman to sign if accepted.
c) To discuss and resolve application for exemption from external audit. Chairman to sign if accepted.
200510. To receive reports from:
- Chairman – report of activities during 2019/20.
- County and District Councillors.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc.
Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received.
None received at time of agenda preparation.
Applications considered electronically since the last meeting:
2020/0313/HEN House Extension Notification for a single storey extension to the south elevation Extending 4.30metres to rear 3.10metres to ridge and 2.60metres to eaves at Low Park House, Chantry Lane, Hazlewood, Tadcaster, LS24 9NH. No objection.
2020/0312/HPA Proposed two storey side extension at 12 Mill Lane, Stutton, Tadcaster, LS24 9BT. No objection provided that the materials match the existing development and it is in accordance with the VDS.
NY/2018/0009/FUL Extraction of 30,000 tonnes of limestone and importation of 600,000 tonnes of construction waste to complete restoration and export of 300,000 tonnes of secondary aggregate at Old London Road Quarry, Stutton, Tadcaster, LS24 9NQ. Consideration of this application has been deferred pending the submission of further information requested.
2020/0110/HEN Proposed erection of a single storey extension to the side elevation creating an enlarged Kitchen at Sunset View, Brant Lane, Stutton, Tadcaster, LS24 9BN. Approved.
2020/0015/TELC Telecommunications application for proposed MBNL 25.00m high FLI slimline lattice tower mounted on 6.00m x 6.00m x 1.40m deep RC base, 3no. EE & 3no. H3G antennas & 1no. 600 O dishes mounted on headframe and associated works at Land off Garnet Lane, Stutton, Tadcaster, LS24 9BE. Approved.
2020/0313/HEN House Extension Notification for a single storey extension to the south elevation Extending 4.30metres to rear 3.10metres to ridge and 2.60metres to eaves at Low Park House, Chantry Lane, Hazlewood, Tadcaster, LS24 9NH. Approved.
2019/0883/FUL Proposed demolition of existing bungalow and construction of 3no. new-build dwellings at Cranton, Church Crescent, Stutton, Tadcaster, LS24 9BJ. Refused.
2019/0029/FUL Proposed erection of a replacement dwelling at Peggy Ellerton Farm, Chantry Lane, Hazlewood, Tadcaster, LS24 9NH. Refused.
200512. Action taken since the last meeting by the Clerk
- Grit bins
- Speed limit
- Grass cutting
200513. Action taken since the last meeting by Councillors
- Website (accessibility regulations)
- Village Design Statement review
- Telephone box
- Parish notice board
- Bus services
- Brant Lane repairs
- Possible requests using Cllr Mackay’s budget
- Rural housing
200514. Memorial Stone
To consider action to be taken to remedy the weathering of the wording on the memorial.
200515. Correspondence received
Report from MOP re dog fouling.
190516. Village Hall
Report from Cllr Heard re Village Hall matters.
200517. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from Councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from Councillors for inclusion on the next agenda.
200518. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present.
200520. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting.
200519. Closure of Part 1 of the Council meeting
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting.
Signed. Gill Kitchen, Clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council 2 May 2020.