OFFICIAL NOTICE OF STUTTON CUM HAZLEWOOD PARISH COUNCIL ANNUAL MEETING
The Annual Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council is to be held on Thursday 6 May 2021 immediately following the Annual Parish Meeting at 1930 by Zoom video-conference.
Parish Councillors: You are hereby summoned to the meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council on Thursday 6 May 2021. If you are unable to attend please advise the clerk at least 3 days in advance of the meeting giving reasons for your absence.
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the Council is in session.
- Any elector (listener) or member of the press is entitled to attend this meeting and raise any concerns or questions they may have with the Parish Council. Any member of the public wishing to speak at or observe the meeting must notify the Clerk, who will advise as to the procedure, at least 3 days before the meeting. Any concerns and questions must be written, either by letter or e-mail, and also received by the Clerk at least 3 days before the meeting.
- Listeners’ comments will be taken at agenda item 210506 with a time restriction of 15 minutes maximum.
- Listeners may also comment on the meeting at agenda item 210516. This is for information only.
- Decisions cannot be made at this meeting on items not on the agenda.
Chairman to welcome councillors and visitors to the meeting; remind visitors when comments may be made and that the public must not interrupt whilst the meeting is in progress.
- Election of Chairman for the year 2021/22. Elected Chairman to sign Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
- Election of Vice-Chairman for the year 2021/22.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons.
210504. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the meeting for the relevant item(s).
210505. Minutes of previous meeting
- Councillors to discuss and resolve whether or not to accept the 8 April minutes as an accurate record of the meeting.
- Chairman to sign the minutes if accepted.
210506. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors.
210507. Administrative Matters
- To reconfirm the empowerment of the Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer after consultation with the Chairman and/or Vice-Chairman to do anything expedient and necessary to ensure the continuous business of the Council, and to deal with mandatory undertakings in order to prevent the authority from incurring liability.
- Review of Standing Orders.
- Review of Financial Regulations.
- Review of the Asset Register.
- Confirmation of arrangements for insurance cover.
- Review of subscriptions to other bodies.
- Adoption of budget for 2021/22.
- Adoption of a new Code of Conduct.
- Review of the Risk Assessment.
- Review of the Grievance Policy.
- Review of the Disciplinary Policy.
- Calendar of meetings for the year 2021/22. (Provisionally Thursdays 8 July, 2 September, 14 October, 11 November, 9 December, 13 January, 10 February, 10 March, 14 April, and 12 May)
210508. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 27 April 2021:
Current account £ 10430.61
Investment account £10038.20
CIL balance £325.60
b) Payments made since last meeting
G Kitchen April salary £204.25 cheque no. 000989
c) Payments to be made at this meeting
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation.
e) Council to resolve whether or not to accept report and payments; RFO to initial bank sheets & invoices on behalf of the Chairman.
210509. RFO’s Report on the Governance and Accounting Statements 2020/21
a) To consider and resolve approval of the Annual Governance Statement 2020/21. Chairman to sign if accepted.
b) To consider and resolve approval of the Accounting Statements 2020/21. Chairman to sign if accepted.
c) To discuss and resolve application for exemption from external audit. Chairman to sign if accepted.
210510. To receive reports from:
- County and District Councillors.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc.
Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received.
2021/0386/HPA – Demolish existing conservatory and replace with single storey extension (amendments to previously approved planning application 2019/0505/HPA) at Wingate Hill Farm, Wingate Hill, Stutton,. Tadcaster, LS24 9NF.
Applications considered electronically since the last meeting:
2020/1340/HPA – Reconsultation re Demolition of conservatory and replacement single storey rear and 2 storey side extension with repositioning of garage with new front wall and gate detail at Cherry Tree Cottage, Church Lane, Stutton, Tadcaster, LS24 9BH.
210512. Matters ongoing since the last meeting
- Speed limits
- Road markings
- Memorial Stone
- Website (accessibility regulations)
- Telephone box
- Parish notice board
- Rural housing
- Clerk’s IT equipment
210513. Correspondence received
MOP – re graffiti on the Moor Lane information board.
YLCA – future of remote meetings.
YLCA – availability of rural broadband.
210514. Village Hall
Report from Cllr Heard re Village Hall matters.
210515. Councillors’ Forum
a} To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from Councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from Councillors for inclusion on the next agenda.
210516. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present.
210517. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting.
210518. Closure of Part 1 of the Council meeting
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting.
Signed. Gill Kitchen, Clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council 28 April 2021