You are hereby summoned to attend the Annual Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council on Thursday, 9th May 2013 at 7.30pm followed by an ordinary meeting of the council at Stutton Village Hall for the purpose of transacting the following business:-.
Members of the press and public are welcome to attend, to address the council between 7.30pm and 7.45pm and to listen to the proceedings (other than those conducted in Part II).
Clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council
AGENDA – ANNUAL MEETING
- To resolve to elect a Chairman and sign Acceptance of Office.
- To resolve to elect a Vice Chairman and sign Acceptance of office (optional).
AGENDA – ORDINARY MEETING – PART I
1. APOLOGIES: To receive and record apologies.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: To receive and accept Register of Interests from Cllr Heard. To receive and record any declarations of personal and prejudicial interests. Councillors with prejudicial interests must leave the room for relevant item(s).
3. MINUTES: To approve and sign minutes of meeting held on 11th April 2013.
4. APPOINTMENT OF NEW CLERK. To note that new Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer has been appointed and Mr Howard Fothergill has assumed position from 2nd May 2013. To note that Mrs Smith will remain in an advisory role until 23rd May 2013.
5. PROGRESS REPORTS – To receive reports for information only from:-
a) Cllr Wrigglesworth – Possibility of grass cutting along Garnet Lane by Stutton Lodge.
b) Clerk: Parish Newsletter distributed.
c) Clerk: Blocked gullies reported to NYCC Highways on Malt Kiln Terrace and by underpass.
6. VILLAGE HALL & GROUNDS – To receive reports and discuss any matters.
a) Clerk: Advance Fire conducted bi-annual inspection and failed Emergency light by main door. This has been replaced and invoice to be raised by Advance Fire.
b) Stutton Playgroup: Decision not to proceed with landline due to high cost.
7.1 Payment of Accounts for Stutton Parish Council – To note monies which have been received and which have been paid for the Parish Council. To note and sign cheques for those which are due for payment including Clerk’s salary.
7.2 Payment of Account for Stutton Village Hall. To note monies which have been received and which have been paid for Stutton Village Hall. To note and sign cheques for those which are due for payment.
7.3 Year End Accounts and Audit deadline. To confirm internal audit completed. To action: following items raised by Internal Auditor:-
i) Section 7 (Code of Conduct) of Standing Orders need amending to include pecuniary interest element. Action: Members to vote on amending Standing Orders to require members to leave the room when a discussing business in which they have disclosable pecuniary interest. Standing Orders to be amended and reviewed at June’s meeting.
ii) Council to register with Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Action: Clerk registered Council with ICO and paperwork to complete.
iii) Chairman to initial invoices and bank statements. Action: To commence immediately.
7.4 Audited Accounts. To note that audit documents sent to External Auditor and Notice of Inspection placed on noticeboard.
7.5 Insurance Renewal. Renewal premium received from AON and alternative quote sought from Zurich. Action: To discuss renewal.
7.6 Nat West Bank. Clerk written to Nat West advising of change of Clerk. Action: Change of Signing Authority to be completed to include Cllr Heard and Mr Fothergill and remove Cllr Back and Mrs Smith.
7.7 Grass Cutting. Action: To discuss and approve any further financial commitment to cutting grass by Stutton Lodge.
8. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE – Complaints Procedure created and distributed to Councillors. Action: To adopt and sign.
9. PLANNING MATTERS – To note the following:-
- Response from Selby DC following query re: stable on land at Wingate Hill.
10. PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE – Action: To discuss website maintenance including publication of members’ interests on website in accordance with Openness and transparency on personal interests rules.
11. ST AIDAN’S CHURCH – Awaiting report from Mr Grayson. Clerk advised Council that under Audit Commissioner’s Act 1998 (s17) when it paid for St Aidan’s to be painted previously the spend was illegal and had to be sanctioned by the Secretary of State. “The Secretary of State seldom sanctions extra-statutory expenditure of a given type more than once to any one body”. Action: To discuss.
12. NEIGHBOURHOOD DEVELOPMENT PLAN – Information received from Mr Gluck at April’s meeting. Action: To discuss.
13. PAYE – Cllr Aarons to report on options for PAYE. Action: To discuss and approve.
14. VILLAGE SIGN PLANTING – Cllr Wrigglesworth to provide details. Action: To discuss and approve.
15. CORRESPONDENCE – To note the following items of correspondence for action:-
- Northern Power Grid Unmetered Supplies – Need to raise a new MPAN and change wattage ratings. Action: To discuss.
- Environment Agency – Allerton Waste Recovery Park. Decision documents available for inspection. Action: To discuss.
- The note the following items of correspondence received for information:-
- Clerks and Councils Direct.
16. COUNCILLORS’ REPORT AND ITEMS FOR FUTURE AGENDA – Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making. To bring to the Council’s attention any correspondence received since preparation of the agenda. To note items to be included on June’s agenda:-
- Amend and review Standing Orders
- Review Risk Assessment
- Review Financial Regulations
17. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Action: To confirm date of next ordinary meeting scheduled for Thursday, 13th June2013 at 7.30 pm.
- NALC PAY RISE – NALC has awarded a 1% pay rise to Clerks w/e April 2013, first pay rise in three years. Action: To note and discuss.
Helen Smith, Clerk to the Parish Council