You are hereby summoned to an Ordinary meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council on Thursday, 9th October 2014 at 7.30pm at Stutton Village Hall for the purpose of transacting the following business:-.
Members of the press and public are welcome to attend, to address the Council between 7.30pm and 7.45pm and to listen to the proceedings (other than those conducted in Part II).
Clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council
AGENDA – ORDINARY MEETING
1. APOLOGIES: To receive and record apologies.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial, and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with prejudicial interests must leave the room for relevant item(s).
3. MINUTES: To approve and sign minutes of the meeting held on 4 th September 2014, and agree and resolve that the receipts and payments report, as recorded under the ordinary meeting minutes, is accepted.
4. PROGRESS REPORTS:
5. VILLAGE HALL & GROUNDS:
6.1 Payment of Accounts for Stutton Parish Council – To note monies which have been received and which have been paid for the Parish Council. To note and sign cheques for those which are due for payment including Clerk’s salary.
6.2 Payment of Account for Stutton Village Hall – To note monies which have been received and which have been paid for Stutton Village Hall. To note and sign cheques for those which are due for payment.
6.3 Bank Statements and Invoices – Chairman to initial all Bank Statements and Invoices.
6.4 External Audit – Clerk to report on receipt of report from external auditors and subsequent display of notice of acceptance.
6.5 Audit/Review of half year accounts – Clerk to provide spreadsheet for review.
6.6 Budget Review/Discussion- Parish Council to discuss Budgets and development of any new projects to be addressed over the next year.
7. PLANNING: –
7.1 To note the following granted planning decision – Application to vary approval 2013/1058/HPA – proposed single storey and two storey extensions to front, side and rear elevations – Derryvene , Brant Lane, Stutton – Granted – with 6 Conditions.
8. PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE – Action: To discuss any action.
9. CHURCH – Parish Council to discuss any developments in relation to demolition and proposed new dwelling at St Aidan’s Church and review any communications with Church of England.
10. COMMUNITY GOVERNANCE REVIEW – Parish Council to review expression of interest from Tadcaster Town Council to change Parish boundary line. Parish Council to discuss response from Richard Besley (Democratic Services Officer) to the letter of objection sent by the Parish Council last month.
11. GRASS CUTTING – Parish Council await details from NYCC (Scheduled October 2014) re revisions to NYCC grass cutting operations, with probable reductions limiting cutting to meet the needs of safety requirements only. Parish Council have given consideration to minimal affordable grass cutting within the finance of the Parish Precept, with Councillor Wrigglesworth reviewing various cutting options.
12. CORRESPONDENCE – To note the following items of correspondence for information:
a) Letter from Democratic Services officer – SDC – responding to Parish Council – see item 10 above.
b) Letter from Democratic Services –SDC – requesting use of village hall as general election polling station, 7 th May 2015.
13. COUNCILLORS’ REPORT AND ITEMS FOR FUTURE AGENDA – Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision-making. To bring to the Council’s attention any correspondence received since preparation of the agenda.
14. APPOINTMENT OF NEW CLERK – Clerk to update Parish Council.
15. CALANDER OF MEETINGS – Council to review calendar dates of meetings for year 2015/2016
16. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Action: To confirm date scheduled for next ordinary meeting, Thursday, 13 November 2014 at 7.30 pm.