You are hereby summoned to an Ordinary Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council on Thursday, 12h September 2013 at 7.30pm at Stutton Village Hall for the purpose of transacting the following business:-
Members of the press and public are welcome to attend, to address the council between 7.30pm and 7.45pm and to listen to the proceedings (other than those conducted in Part II).
Clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council
AGENDA – ORDINARY MEETING
Following a request by Sarah Hall (Rural Housing Enabler at Selby Council) a review will be held with the Parish Council where Sarah will explain her role and discuss the potential to undertake a housing needs survey to determine if there is a need for affordable housing within the Parish. This follows an approach by an agent, on behalf of a landowner, regarding land in the village that may be suitable as a rural exception site for new affordable houses.
1. APOLOGIES: To receive and record apologies.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST: To receive and record any declarations of personal and prejudicial interests. Councillors with prejudicial interests must leave the room for relevant item(s).
3. MINUTES: To approve and sign minutes of meeting held on 11th and 25 July 2013.
4. PROGRESS REPORTS – To receive any reports for information only from :-
- Cllr Wrigglesworth to report on planning training undertaken with YLCA York 16th July 2013
5. VILLAGE HALL & GROUNDS – No matters to discuss this month.
6.1 Payment of Accounts for Stutton Parish Council – To note monies which have been received and which have been paid for the Parish Council. To note and sign cheques for those which are due for payment including Clerk’s salary.
6.2 Payment of Account for Stutton Village Hall. To note monies which have been received and which have been paid for Stutton Village Hall. To note and sign cheques for those which are due for payment.
6.3 Bank Statements and Invoices. Chairman to initial all Bank Statements and Invoices.
6.4 Year End Accounts and Audit deadline. Item raised by internal audit regarding amendment of pecuniary interest element (Section 7 code of conduct). Discuss response from Yorkshire Local Councils Association and proposed amendment to document. This item requires addressing before the annual review/amendment of Standing Orders can be completed.
6.5 Nat West Bank. Clerk to report on approval of Mandate/signatory authorities.
6.6 Budget 2012/2013. To discuss forthcoming projects in line with budget requirements.
6.7 Completion of Annual Audit. Clerk to advise re letter from External Auditor re charge for additional letter.
7. PLANNING MATTERS:-
7.1 Action: To discuss the following Planning Application
Erection of 2 No. Stone gate posts to match existing Stone gate post – Holly Tree,
Church Lane, Stutton
7.2 Action: To note the following granted planning decision
Erection of a Single Storey extension to the rear, and a porch to the front – Paddock House, Manor Road, Stutton. – Granted ( 3 conditions)
7.3 To discuss the following planning matters
a to discuss findings of the Parish Councillors visit to Owl House, Green Lane, in relation to planning compliance with regard to the drive and planting/screening layout.
b Parish Council to continue discussion from minute 13042.3 MOM 13/6/13 regarding the development of any plan of action concerning their general disappointment in relation to SDCs disregard of the Parish Councils comments under proposed planning applications, and thereafter SDCs limited enforcement of detailed plans, layouts and agreements under approvals.
8. FREEDOM OF INFORMATION Action: Parish Council to finalise and agree amendments to existing documents and procedures.
9 PARKING ON GRASS – MILL LANE/WEEDLING GATE– reported under 13046 MOM 9/6/13 Cllr Wrigglesworth. Clerk to report on response from Selby
10. PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE – Action: To discuss any action / information received.
11. HEDGE AT BEECH TREE CROSS ROADS JUNCTION Clerk to report on response from Traffic Management Control Engineer (north yorks) re investigation into measures for safety improvement at this junction.
12. FENCING AROUND BEECH TREE To be discussed, as noted under minute 13032 M.O.M 9/5/13.
13. 20 MILE-PER HOUR SPEED LIMIT WITHIN VILLAGE – To discuss recent correspondence relating to progression, and upgrades required, in order to introduce a new speed limit.
14. REQUEST FOR MEMORIAL BENCH ADJACENT MAISONETTES, ASHTREE WALK – To discuss response from Selby District Council Community Officer.
15. AFFORDABLE HOUSING SURVEY– To discuss review with Sarah Hall, Rural Housing Enabler at Selby Council, as undertaken at the start of the meeting.
16. DOG BINS – To discuss request by several residents for a new dog bin to located
on Mill Lane, near the beck.
17. BUS SERVICES – To discuss questionnaire relating to proposed reductions to bus services,
forwarded by N.Y.C.C.
18. CORRESPONDENCE – To note the following items of correspondence for information:-
a) The Clerk.
b) Country Air
c) NYCC letter re election to fill Vacancies for co-opted members
d) SDC letter re – Notice of consultation on application for designation of a neighbourhood area
19. COUNCILLORS’ REPORT AND ITEMS FOR FUTURE AGENDA – Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making. To bring to the Council’s attention any correspondence received since preparation of the agenda.
20. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Action: To confirm date of next ordinary meeting scheduled for Thursday, 10th October 2013 at 7.30 pm.