The next Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council is to be held on Thursday 2 September 2021 at 7.30 pm in the Stutton Village Hall.
Parish Councillors: You are hereby summoned to the meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council on Thursday 2 September. If you are unable to attend please advise the clerk at least 3 days in advance of the meeting giving reasons for your absence.
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the Council is in session.
- Any elector (listener) or member of the press is entitled to attend this meeting and raise any concerns or questions they may have with the Parish Council. Any concerns and questions must be written, either by letter or e-mail, and received by the Clerk at least 3 days before the meeting.
- Listeners’ comments will be taken at agenda item 210906 with a time restriction of 15 minutes maximum.
- Listeners may also comment on the meeting at agenda item 210914. This is for information only.
- Decisions cannot be made at this meeting on items not on the agenda.
Chairman to welcome councillors and visitors to the meeting; remind visitors when comments may be made and that the public must not interrupt whilst the meeting is in progress.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons.
210903. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the meeting for the relevant item(s).
210904. Minutes of previous meeting
Councillors to discuss and resolve whether or not to accept the 8 July minutes as an accurate record of the meeting.
210905. Action taken under Standing Order 25 since the last meeting
- K Tillett authorised to inspect and if necessary prune a tree reported as being dangerous (see correspondence under agendum 210911 below)
- Grant of £100 approved for playdate for local children in Stutton Village Hall.
210906. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors.
210907. To receive reports from:
- County and District Councillors.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc.
210908. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 1/9/21
ai) Current account £ 11570.47
aii) Investment account £10039.11
aiii) CIL balance £325.60
b) Payments made since last meeting
bi) J Rotherham Ltd (memorial) £2160.00 cheque no. 001017
bii) G Kitchen (July salary) £205.05 cheque no. 001018
biii) Stutton Social Committee (children’s playdate) £100.00 cheque no. 001019
biv) G Kitchen (August salary) £204.25 cheque no. 001020
c) Payments to be made at this meeting.
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation.
None at time of agenda preparation.
e) Council to resolve whether or not to accept report and payments; Chairman to initial bank sheets & invoices.
a) Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received.
None at the time of agenda preparation.
b) Applications considered under Standing Order 25(b) since the last meeting:
NY/2021/0098/A27 Application for the approval of details reserved by condition No’s 3, 8, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 29 & 31 of Planning Permission Ref. No. C8/2009/1066/CPO which relates to details of schemes for the storage of materials, method of working, phasing of development and road and wheel cleaning facilities, a scheme which details the control of noise from HGV’s and fixed plant, a noise management plan, a scheme to deal with the management of risk associated with contamination of controlled waters, a verification report, a monitoring scheme for the monitoring of groundwater levels, a scheme for the management of surface and foul waters, a pre-commencement badger survey and a scheme detailing the provision of on-site parking/waiting for HGV’s at Jackdaw Crag Quarry, Moor Lane, Stutton, Tadcaster, LS42 9BH. Approved.
2021/0210/CPE Lawful development certificate for existing use of land as residential garden within the curtilage of Low Park Farm at Low Park Farm, Chantry Lane, Hazlewood, Tadcaster, LS24 9NH. Granted.
2021/0083/HPA Erection of double storey side and rear extension at Green Hedges, Green Lane, Stutton, Tadcaster, LS24 9BW. Approved.
NY/2018/0009/FUL Extraction of 30,000 tonnes of limestone and importation of 600,000 tonnes of construction waste to complete restoration and export of 300,000 tonnes of secondary aggregate at Old London Road Quarry, Stutton, Tadcaster, LS24 9NQ. The applicant has been granted an extension of time until 31 August 2021 for the submission of the further information and Environmental Statement.
Statement of Community Involvement. The Parish Council has responded to a questionnaire expressing our concern at SDC’s failure to consult immediate neighbours about planning applications.
Validation Checklist for Planning Applications. The Parish Council has received a new draft checklist of requirements from SDC.
210910. Matters ongoing since the last meeting
- Underpass lighting (awaiting response from NPower)
- Footpath to underpass (Highways inspecting)
- Speed limits (awaiting speed monitoring survey)
- Mill Lane road markings (referred to Glen Donaldson, Highways)
- Speed limit signs at bottom of Fanny Lane (awaiting response from Highways)
- Stutton Cross junction
- Memorial Stone (awaiting installation of plaque by J Burns Memorials)
- Website (upgrade and accessibility regulations)
- Telephone box (library and notice board installation)
- Parish notice board
- Rural housing (awaiting report following parish walk)
- New community policeman
- Plant a tree for the Jubilee
- Bus services (new questionnaire received from NYCC)
- Clerk’s IT equipment
210911. Correspondence received
- Rowan tree reported as dangerous near the Mill Lane bungalows by MOP.
- The Queen’s Green Canopy – letter from the Lord Lieutenant.
- Proposed commemorative plaque.
210912. Village Hall
Report from Cllr Heard re Village Hall matters.
210913. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from Councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from Councillors for inclusion on the next agenda.
210914. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present.
210915. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting.
210916. Closure of Part 1 of the Council meeting
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting.
No items at time of agenda preparation.
Signed. Gill Kitchen, Clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council – 27/8/21.