MINUTES OF STUTTON CUM HAZLEWOOD PARISH COUNCIL MEETING held on Thursday 12th April 2018 at 19:30 in the Stutton Village Hall.
Chairman: Cllr Mrs T Fawcett
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen. 6 Wood Lane, Thorpe Willoughby, Selby, YO8 9PT
Telephone: 01757 703664. Email Clerkstuttonpc@gmail.com
Present: Cllr T Fawcett, Cllr C Heard, Cllr P Spurrier, Cllr D Birchall, Cllr C Metcalfe
Clerk – G.Kitchen;
1 member of the public
Apologies: received from Cllr Kent , Cllr Mackay
All present signed the attendance book
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the council is in session.
- Any elector (listener) or member of the press is entitled to attend this meeting and raise any concerns or questions they may have with the Parish Council. These concerns and questions must be written, either by letter or e-mail, and received by the Clerk 5 days before the meeting.
- Listeners’ comments will be taken at agenda item 180403.
- Comments on agenda items will be taken first with a time restriction of 15 minutes’ maximum.
- Listeners may also comment on the meeting at agenda item 180428. This is for information only.
- Decisions cannot be made at this meeting on items not on the agenda.
- Councillors and visitors to sign the attendance book.
Chairman to welcome councillors and visitors to the meeting; remind visitors when comments may be made and that the public must not interrupt whilst the meeting is in progress.
The chair tendered her resignation from the council, which was accepted with regret by the council. The council and Cllr Metcalfe thanked Cllr Fawcett for all her work done by her during her 15 years service on the council. Cllr Birchall chaired the remainder of the meeting.
180402. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the room for the relevant item(s)
No declarations were made.
180403. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors’ present For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors.
There were several comments from Mr K Tillett:
There was no record within the previous minutes of the discussion regarding the disappearance of council observations from the SDC website. It was observed that Cllr Spurrier had checked the website and found that they had appeared but then had been erased.
Mr Tillett observed that a previous discussion regarding the affordable housing scheme seems to have been neglected.
Mr Tillett observed that the drains are badly blocked near Weedling Gate.
The council resolved to accept the apologies from Cllr Kent.
180405. Minutes of previous meeting
- Councillors discussed and resolved to accept the March minutes as an accurate record of the meeting – the comments from Mr K Tillett are noted above.
- Chairman to sign the minutes retrospectively at the next meeting as a printer problem prevented the clerk from bringing a hard copy.
180406. To receive reports from
- Chairman – activities since the previous meeting – none to report owing to the resignation of Cllr Fawcett
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. – none to report
- Progress reports – to give updates on on-going projects – see points 180412-180425
- District Councillors – none to report
- County Councillor – none to report
180407. RFO’s report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances – the clerk was unable to provide this detail due to an absence of current statements. It was resolved that Cllr Birchall contact the bank to obtain these. b) Payments to be made at this meeting
Gill Kitchen – clerk’s salary – Cheque nos.000828, 000829
HMRC – tax liability Cheque no: 000827
c)Any other invoices received since agenda preparation
d) Payments received since the last meeting
e) Council to resolve whether or not to accept report and payments; chairman to initial bank sheets & invoices. Unable to do so due to lack of bank statements and financial information.
1. Applications received:
Retrospective application for erection of 2 ham radio antennae – one on apex of house and one wire antenna coming from approx 6m high pole at base of garden to 3m pole on chimney stack to 3m pole on front of house at 49 Windmill Rise, Tadcaster. There were no objections from the council subject to the application complying with the relevant regulations.
Proposed erection of new lodge dwelling at 11 Wilkinson Terrace, Stutton, Tadcaster – the council made the following observations objecting to the application:
- the proposed application is clearly for a dwelling
- the dwelling is not in character with the village
- the dwelling is not within the village design plan
- the proposal is not sustainable.
Proposed 2 storey side extension to 19 Hawthorn Close, Tadcaster – the council resolved there were no objections subject to the proposal using the materials specified in the application.
- 2.Decisions received: 7 Hawthorn Close, Tadcaster – granted
- 3.Update on planning issues: There were no updates.
180409. Correspondence received
- Request for survey completion on speed signage costs – Cllr Spurrier reported his findings – very expensive for vehicle activated signs and will continue to investigate other signage available.
- Grass cutting tender – the council resolved to ask Mr Tillett to carry on with the previous arrangements on a single cut basis. Mr Tillett confirmed that his costs would be the same as for the previous tender arrangements.
- Damaged hedge at 15 Mill Lane – The clerk has written to the agent for the property but received no reply. Mr Tillett reported that Highways had previously repaired the fence. Clerk to contact Highways.
- Playgroup contract 2017 – the council discussed the correspondence received and resolved not to pursue any further. The council resolved to to support the village hall committee in issues which were of benefit to the community.
180410. Action taken since the last meeting under the clerk’s delegated powers – none due to Clerk’s annual leave.
180411. Village Hall
Update from Parish Council representative on the Stutton Village Hall Committee:
- Removal of filing cabinet – the clerk reported that the local office in Selby is unable to transport the cabinet. Cllr Kent had previously volunteered to take this to Northallerton. The council resolved to take up this offer and for the clerk to liaise with Cllr Kent and NYCC archives on the date for removal.
- A resident has expressed concern regarding the dark and muddy nature of the embankment outside the village hall. The council discussed the issue but made no resolutios.
- Summer fete – to be held on Mr Tillett’s land. The council resolved to make a contribution to the fete, with a suggestion of the provision of a duck race on the day.
- Hand rail for the path leading from the road to the entrance to the village hall – Mr Tillett volunteered to provide a quote for the installation of such a rail.
180412. Update on dog poo bins – the clerk asked for confirmation that she could order the bins – the council resolved that this could be done. Cllr Spurrier resolved to confirm with Stuart Wrigglesworth his quote for the installation of the bins.
180413. Update on move to Barclays – an appointment has been made to organise this as due to changes in clerk, previous arrangements were now obsolete.
180414. GDPR training – the clerk requested permission to attend training. The council resolved to authorise this.
180415. Survey on speed signage costs – see earlier point (M180409).
180416. Review of standing orders – Cllr Birchall reported these were due and the council resolved to action Cllr Kent to carry out this task
180417. Grit bins – the council resolved to diarise this for discussion and action in the September meeting in preparation for winter 2019
180418. Audit 2018 – the clerk reported that this would be due for completion in the next month. She is obtaining advice from Mrs Farman but does need the financial information to be up to date. Cllr Birchall agreed to contact the existing bank for outstanding bank statements.
180419. Repairs to underpass – the clerk reported on progress made so far and Mr Tillett reported that the gullies needed clearing. He also reported that trees and hedges bordering the footpath were encroaching and needed cutting back.
180420. Additional sites consultation – previously 2 sites had been identified and the council had noted those 2 sites as being included in the plan. The council resolved to review the original email over the weekend. (There were no additional sites for Stutton in the supplementary document.).
180421. Landfill tax – council discussed the possible benefits to the parish and it was resolved to pass on the information to the village hall committee.
180422. Freedom of the parish letter – Cllr Spurrier reported that this was now complete and the council resolved to amend this to include a plaque to be sited on a parish bench.
180423. Planning advice for quarry application – this was discussed and it was resolved that the clerk should contact the consultants to ask for more specific advice and costing in structuring observations forms
180424. Update on unsafe bus stop – Cllr Heard reported that a representative from the bus company is to assess the “bus stop” and will request official confirmation that the stop is an official one. It was resolved that the clerk should write to Ian Fielding to demand a stop to the practice and request a meeting with the inspector when carrying out the assessment.
180425. Update on telephone box – it was resolved the clerk should contact Richard Champion to action the changes.
180426. Closure of Hare & Hounds – the chaining of the entrance has meant there is no parking now for the village hall. Further the positioning of two old number plates on the chain was unsightly and out of character with the village. It was resolved that the clerk should contact the brewery to explain the difficulties and request a removal of the obstacles.
180427. Councillors’ Forum
a)To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference
b) Items for the next agenda
To take any points from councillors for inclusion on the next agenda – none raised.
180428. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present – Mr Tillett suggested that each councillor should be responsible for a specific task within the council.
180429. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting – 10/5/18, 7.30 Village Hall
180430. Closure of Part 1 of the council meeting at 9.25pm
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting
Councillors discussed the procedure to be followed to fill the vacancy following Cllr Fawcett’s resignation.
Closure of Part 2 of the council meeting at 9.30pm
Signed. Gill Kitchen Clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council. Date: 16/4/18