Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on Thursday 14 April 2022
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the Council is in session.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr P Spurrier (Vice-Chairman), Cllr E Collins, County Cllr D Mackay, Clerk/RFO Mrs G.Kitchen
No members of the public were present.
The Chairman welcomed councillors to the meeting.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons. Apologies received from Cllrs Catt and Heard. The council resolved to accept the reasons offered.
220403. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the meeting for the relevant item(s). None declared.
220404. Minutes of previous meeting
Councillors discussed and resolved to accept the 10 March minutes as an accurate record of the meeting. The Chairman signed the minutes.
220405. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors. No MOPs present.
220406. To receive reports from:
- County and District Councillors. Cllr Mackay gave a brief overview. The County Council have reported a shortfall in their budget and due to Covid some of the road repairs may not be done to the required standard. SDC have located surplus budget which will be given to local businesses in Tadcaster to cope with the recent flood damage. Positive meeting has been held regarding flooding prevention work. May 2024 is a date earmarked for the work.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. None present
220407. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 25 March 2022
Current account £8357.53
Investment account £10039.44
CIL balance £325.60
b) Payments made since last meeting
YLCA annual membership £322.00 cheque no. 001045
Autela Payroll £52.20 cheque no 001046
HMRC (cancellation of cheque no. 001043) £153.20 cheque no 001047
G.Kitchen – April Salary £204.25 cheque no. 001048
c) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation. None received
d) The Council resolved to accept report and payments; Chairman initialled bank sheets & invoices.
a) Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received.
2022/0348/HPA – demolition of existing conservatory and erection of single storey extension at 133 Stutton Road, Tadcaster.
The council discussed the application and resolved not to have any observations.
No other applications at time of agenda preparation.
2021/1315/HPA 17 Hawthorn Close, Tadcaster. Extension to rear of property – Granted.
220409. Matters ongoing since the last meeting
- Underpass lighting – Cllr Mackay reported on a meeting with Sharon Fox. It would seem to be possible for Highways to take this over.
- Speed limits, No response from local police. Action clerk to contact YLCA.
- Website upgrade – ongoing
- Telephone box – ongoing
- Parish notice board – ongoing
- Rural housing (response from RHO) – action clerk to chase.
- Clerk’s IT equipment -ongoing
- Parish Council election paperwork – the new council would be quorate but Cllr Heard will be on annual leave in May making us inquorate. This leaves the council with the power to co-opt 2 councillors and for SDC to appoint a nominee to act as a councillor pro tem. Action clerk to contact SDC for advice.
220410 Potential use of debit card
Update from clerk – ongoing.
220411. Correspondence received
- Concerns regarding lack of street lighting from MOP. The council discussed the concerns raised by the resident. and the clerk had made an appropriate response.
220412. Village Hall
Report from Cllr Spurrier re Village Hall matters. No meetings have taken place since the last meeting. The Christmas tree stump is to be removed and a post to be installed. The audio system is going to be evaluated to improve it. There will be an Easter egg hunt on Easter Sunday 17th April.
220413. Councillors’ Forum
a} To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from Councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference. None raised.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from Councillors for inclusion on the next agenda. None raised.
220414. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present. No MOPs present.
220415. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting. 12 May (Annual Parish Council meeting)
220316. Closure of Part 1 of the Council meeting
The Chairman closed the meeting at 19.56.
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting.
No part 2 items to be discussed.
Signed. Gill Kitchen, Clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council – 23/04/22.