Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on 8th April 2021 at 19:30 via Zoom Video-conference
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the council is in session.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr P Spurrier, Cllr E Catt, Cllr E Collins. Cllr D Mackay.
Clerk/RFO: Mrs G Kitchen.
No members of the public were present.
Chairman welcomed councillors to the meeting.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons. Apologies received from Cllr Heard. The council resolved to accept the reasons given by Cllr Heard.
210403. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the meeting for the relevant item(s). None declared.
210404. Minutes of previous meeting
- Councillors to discuss and resolve whether or not to accept the 11 March minutes as an accurate record of the meeting.
- Clerk to sign the minutes on behalf of the Chairman as accepted.
210405. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors. No members of the public were present.
210406. To receive reports from:
- County and District Councillors. Cllr Mackay reported that a significant amount of money has been made available for road repairs and drain clearing. A decision was awaited from Government regarding council reorganisation. Some purchase back of former council properties was occurring to combat the housing shortage.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. – none present.
210407. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 27 March 2021
Current account £11274.51
Investment account £10038.69
CIL balance £325.60
b) Payments made since last meeting
bi) G.Kitchen (postage) £7.92 cheque no 000982
bii) G Kitchen March salary £204.05 cheque no.000985
biii) G.Kitchen (Zoom) £14.39 cheque no. 000983
biv) HMRC £153.20 cheque no. 000984
bv) YLCA £15.00 cheque no. 000986
c) Payments made at this meeting
ci) YLCA annual membership £410.00 cheque no 000987
cii) Autela Payroll £61.45 cheque no. 000988
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation.
e) Council resolved to accept report and payments; RFO to initial bank sheets & invoices on behalf of the Chairman.
Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received.
None at time of agenda preparation.
Applications considered electronically since the last meeting:
None at time of agenda preparation.
210409. Matters ongoing since the last meeting
- Underpass – clerk has received a demand from a firm of debt collectors regarding lighting (the account cleared some time ago) and is investigating.
- Church Lane footpath – Cllrs Catt and Spurrier reported that the trees have been cut back and the drains cleared.
- Speed limits – awaiting the end of lockdown before any further action to be taken. Cllr Collins reported that a collision had taken place recently.
- Road markings – Highways are about to take on the incorrect Mill Lane markings.
- Memorial Stone – Cllr Spurrier confirmed that Chris Stones is happy with the proposals. Clerk to check with Mindful Memorials.
- Website (accessibility regulations) – Cllr Heard has prepared a draft statement which Cllr Birchall will circulate to councillors. The council thanked Cllr Heard for his hard work on this project
- Telephone box – Cllr Spurrier to check with local resident as to progress.
- Parish notice board – ditto.
- Rural housing – awaiting action from SDC.
- Clerk’s IT equipment – ongoing.
210410. Correspondence received
- Letters received from Debt Collectors (power account – see M210409 above) and from Northern Electric regarding updated inventory. The inventory has been confirmed.
- Advice from YLCA regarding meetings after 7 May 2021. The authority to hold meetings via Zoom will not be renewed after 6 May so the decision was made to cancel the Zoom subscription and bring forward the annual meeting to 6 May. The June meeting may have to be postponed if COVID restrictions remain in place.
- YLCA – new Code of Conduct Cllr Birchall discussed the new code of conduct which has been circulated to all councillors for consideration for adoption at the annual meeting.
- SDC – Cultural Development Framework – circulated by clerk and is very extensive.
- Proposed Yorkshire Green Project – proposed to instal an underground cable locally involving the creation of two compounds. The preferred Stutton site is behind the Red Brick Farm.
210411. Village Hall
Report from Cllr Heard re Village Hall matters. The Hall is to be used for the local elections on the 6/5/21.
210412. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from Councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from Councillors for inclusion on the next agenda.
Cllr Collins reported that trees appear to have been pushed over into the Cock Beck near the Old London Road bridge and need to be cleared. Clerk to contact Tadcaster Town Council and ask for Robin Derry’s contact details
Cllr Collins reported that the simulated shooting has begun again and according to Grimston’s facebook page will take place regularly on Saturdays. Noted that it is a licensed activity but to monitor the noise levels.
Fly tipping – all now collected. Clerk to contact SDC to request more anti-littering posters.
210413. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present. None present.
210414. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting. 6 May 2021.
210415. Closure of Part 1 of the Council meeting – the meeting closed at 20.10.
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting.
No part 2 items.