Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on 19th December 2018 at 19:30 in the Stutton Village Hall.
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the council is in session.
Present: Cllr P Spurrier (Vice Chairman), Cllr C Heard, Cllr S Wrigglesworth Cllr C Metcalfe.
Clerk/RFO: Mrs G Kitchen.
Apologies: Cllr Kent and Cllr Birchall.
One member of the public in attendance.
The Chairman welcomed councillors and visitors to the meeting; reminded visitors when comments may be made and that the public must not interrupt whilst the meeting is in progress.
181202, Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the room for the relevant item(s) – none declared..
181203. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors’ present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors.
It was reported by the member of public (MOP) that the owner of property at the Hawthorns has not received the letter asking for clippings from hedge cutting to be cleared.
17 Mill Lane appeal has been dismissed.
A letter from Lily McQuade (Rural Housing Enabler) regarding Affordable Housing has been received – Action clerk to invite her to the next meeting.
Wildflowers and grass cutting – clarification was sought regarding whether any contact has been made to prevent this happening – Action clerk to invite Pauline to the next meeting, Action Cllr Metcalfe to clarify who is responsible for cutting the grass.
Jackdaw Quarry – a MOP reported building work had begun and it was reported that the building of a Bund was a safety measure following a road traffic accident there.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons. Apologies were received from Cllrs Birchall and Kent and the council resolved to accept the reasons.
181205. Minutes of previous meeting
- Councillors discussed and resolved to accept the 8th November minutes as an accurate record of the meeting.
- The Vice Chairman signed the minutes as accepted.
181206. Receive reports from
- Chairman – activities since the previous meeting – none.
- NY County Councillor – none.
- SD Councillor – Selby should have had a negative revenue support grant, more money has been received from new homes bonus. Result being a £500,000 grant but still a funding gap. Discussions are ongoing regarding whether there will be a precept or not.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. – none received.
- Progress reports – to give updates on on-going projects – see action points below.
181207. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 27/11/18
Current account £9395.37
Investment account £10004.55
b) Payments made since last meeting
c) Payments to be made at this meeting
- Clerk’s Salary £193.37 Cheque no.000887
- James Carter (donation for memorial stone) £50.00 Cheque no. 000889
- Clerk’s expenses (use of home as office) £15.00 Cheque no. 000890
- Clerk’s expenses (printer ink) £29.00 Cheque no.000891
- Autela (payroll admin) £46.80 Cheque no.000888
- HMRC (PAYE) £145.00 Cheque no.000886
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation
e) Payments received since the last meeting
The clerk reported that we have been informed of some CIL funding and will report on this at the next meeting.
f) Council resolved to accept the report and payments; Vice chairman initialled bank sheets & invoices. – as accepted.
g) Precept 2019/20 – email from Tammy Fox with the 4 options. Discussion took place and it was resolved to decide on Option 2. Action clerk to return the form.
1. Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received –
2018/1228/HPA , 10 Woodlands Avenue, Tadcaster, LS24 9LE. Demolition of existing garages with construction of a double storey side and single storey rear extension. A site visit was carried out by Cllr Kent and the report was circulated among the council. Observations from some MOPs include the siting of the sun deck which overlooks the neighbouring gardens. Council’s observations are that there are no objections to the principle of an extension per se, but that the balcony area is excessive and will infringe the privacy rights of neighbours. Therefore the council object to these plans.
11 Wilkinson Terrace – update on progress – a revised application has been received by local residents but not the council. The only apparent details to be changed are to the cladding to be used. Action clerk to contact SDC to raise their significant concerns regarding the lack of a decision and lack of notice regarding the new application (contact M Grainger – head of planning). All of the council’s original objections still stand.
2. Decisions –
17 Weedling Gate 2018/1124/HPA – proposed erection of two storey extension, single storey extension and garage following demolition of existing garage and outbuildings GRANTED
Proposed single storey extension at Hambleton House, 3 Sugar Hill Farm, Wingate Hill, Stutton – PERMITTED
181209. Update on action points from last meeting
- report from Pauline Hogg re. wildflowers – action clerk to contact Sharon Fox and cc James Malcolm regarding contacting contractors not to cut the grass.
- ownership of the underpass – letter now received making final demand for payment – action clerk to respond to the demand and highlight that the bill includes a street lamp on Woodlands which is not owned by the council and needs to be deleted, the underpass lighting apportion appears to be excessive in view of the low energy bulbs and that we dispute the amount involved. To calculate an invoice for the amount billed for the street light.
- Register of assets – being compiled.
- Insurance – see circulated email from Zurich – resolved to accept the quote.
- GDPR policy – ongoing.
- budget – ongoing.
- Litter Bins – ongoing. Reported that 2 new bins are needed.
- Grit bins – action Cllr Wrigglesworth to refill and provide an invoice for the materials needed. The council formally thanked Cllr Wrigglesworth for all of his contributions to the village.
- Grass cutting contract – The contractor confirmed his willingness to continue with the work based on a rolling contract and on the contract tendered. He accepted the suggested payment.
- Telephone box. Action Cllr Spurrier to contact the social committee regarding potential interest.
181210. Review of Standing orders – progress report –
Nothing further to report.
181211. Correspondence received.
Nothing further to that circulated prior to the meeting.
181212. Action taken since the last meeting under the clerk’s delegated powers
Letter of thanks regarding the memorial stone. The council officially thanked Cllr Wrigglesworth for all his hard work and efforts for the village.
Commencement of VAT reclaim process has begun. The clerk reported that only invoices raised by and paid for by the council were eligible for VAT repayment,
See action points listed above.
181213. Village Hall
- Report: From Cllr Heard re village Hall matters – no updates reported.
- Letter from Village Hall Committee regarding Parish Notice Board. There had been earlier discussions regarding either replacement or refurbishment of existing notice board. The council resolved to agree to funding a replacement notice board. Action Cllr Wrigglesworth to research prices for a replacement.
181214. Councillors’ Forum
a) To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
b) Items for the next agenda – To take any points from councillors for inclusion on the next agenda –
181215. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present. Confirmed that the memorial plaque for Ken Wright will be sited on a new stone bench.
181216. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting – 10 January 7.30p.m.
181217. Closure of Part 1 of the council meeting at 21.15
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting
Increase to Clerk’s salary – see pay award details circulated earlier. Resolved to raise to new spine point 7 with effect from 1/4/19 and to revisit after performance management meeting has taken place.
Closure of Part 2 of the council meeting at 21.25
Signed. Gill Kitchen clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council