Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on Thursday 10 February 2022
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the Council is in session.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr P Spurrier (Vice-Chairman), Cllr C Heard, Cllr E Catt, Cllr E Collins, County Cllr D Mackay, Clerk/RFO Mrs G.Kitchen
Chairman welcomed councillors to the meeting.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons. No apologies received.
220203. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the meeting for the relevant item(s). No declarations were made.
220204. Minutes of previous meeting
Councillors to discuss and resolve whether or not to accept the 13 January minutes as an accurate record of the meeting. Clerk to amend M220110 to delete the reference to a later agenda item under the Speed limits heading.
220205. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors. None present
220206. To receive reports from:
- County and District Councillors. – Cllr Mackay reported that the PC will be notified of any spare budget to deal with repairs etc, by March. Cllr Mackay also reported on the proposed housing development in the Tadcaster car park. Proposed housing will be high density, little car parking other than an underground car park where the green area (old cinema) is sited. The proposed car park would be much smaller than the current car park. Elections for the new council would be held on 5 May. Cllr Birchall reminded councillors that the Parish Council Annual Meeting was scheduled for 12 May and that a date for the mandatory Annual Parish Meeting must also be arranged. Action clerk to obtain and circulate necessary paperwork.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. None present.
220207. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 27 January 2022.
Current account £8818.23
Investment account £10039.44
CIL balance £325.60
b) Payments made since last meeting.
None at time of agenda preparation.
c) Payments to be made at this meeting.
ci) G.Kitchen (reissue of January salary, due to incorrect date on previous cheque) £204.25 cheque no. 001041 (cheque no 001040 cancelled)
cii) G.Kitchen (February salary) cheque no 001042
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation.
None at time of agenda preparation.
e) Council resolved to accept report and payments; Chairman to initial bank sheets & invoices.
a) Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received.
2022/0027/ATD – White Quarry Farm. Application for change of use of agricultural building to 1 dwelling (use class 3). The council discussed the application and several reservations were raised and highlighted. The council fails to see how the proposed changes can be implemented without substantial changes to the fabric of the building and its appearance.
The council strongly opposes this application as the substantial changes that would need to made to the structure could not properly fall to be determined under the schedule and recommends that a full planning application be required.
2022/0097/HEN 19 Hawthorn Close – the house extension notification was discussed and council resolved to have no observations.
NY/2021/0257/FUL – part retrospective planning application for erection of a substation, switchgear container and associated electrical infrastructure at Jackdaw Crag Quarry – granted.
c) Ongoing applications:
NY/2018/0009/FUL – Old London Road Quarry – Action clerk to contact Sam Till (NYCC) for progress report.
220209. Matters ongoing since the last meeting
Underpass lighting – clerk to collate information and circulate to council. Action clerk to contact Tadcaster Town Council to see if we can add it on.
Speed limits – Clerk has contacted Darren Griffiths at Highways regarding a site visit – proposed date on 16 February. Action clerk to confirm that Cllr Heard will attend and liaise with Darren.
Mill Lane – parking by bungalows – SDC has confirmed that this is general parking and not wholly for residents of the bungalow.
Beech Tree Crossroads hedging and Garnet Lane traffic – ongoing.
Moor Lane – debris from wagon traffic. Clerk has contacted Darrington Quarrys but as yet had no response.
Memorial Stone – council resolved unanimously on its success. Clerk has not yet received any donation monies from Cllr Mackay’s funding. Action Cllr Mackay to check if payment has been made.
Website upgrade – Cllrs Heard and Collins to attend training shortly.
Telephone box – dehumidifiers appear to be functioning well and Cllr Spurrier has replaced with a new one.
Parish notice board- in hand.
Rural housing – consideration of RHO’s report -The council discussed the RHO’s report. There are several areas where the council would like additional clarification. These are as follows:
- The proposed site on Green Lane as it appears on the recent report is different from an earlier report.
- Council was also concerned that the demand for rural housing may now be different (original report is 5 years old approx.) Members wondered whether it would be worth contacting the 3 families to ascertain if they still have the housing need or whether a new survey should be undertaken to see if the need has stayed the same, gone up or gone down.
- An additional concern regarded possible future development as a result of this development and whether the current infrastructure could cope.
- Members also asked what level of involvement the parish council would have with the current proposal and similar future potential developments, e.g. the need for any development to meet the Village Design Statement and be in keeping with surrounding property. Members also asked what level of involvement the parish council would have with the current proposal and similar future potential developments.
Royal Jubilee – Cllr Catt circulated images of the proposed plaque and gave details of various costs. Cllr Spurrier to have an informal chat with local contact.
Woodlands Estate hedging – SDC have confirmed that vegetation growing within the boundaries of a resident’s property is the responsibility of the resident.
Clerk’s IT equipment- council approved purchase of a new laptop. Action clerk to liaise with supplier and Cllr Heard.
220110. Correspondence received
Anonymous complaint from a resident forwarded on from Tadcaster Town Council regarding footpath adjacent to A64.
Council resolved to contact Tadcaster Town Council and report that concerns have been addressed by the council in the form of path clearance and cutting back (twice).
220111. Village Hall
Report from Cllr Spurrier re Village Hall matters. Nothing to report. Cllr Mackay offered some surplus chairs and Cllr Spurrier to check.
220212. Councillors’ Forum
a} To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from Councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from Councillors for inclusion on the next agenda.
Possibility of adopting online banking – seeking advice from YLCA.
220213. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present. None present.
220214 Date, time and place of next meeting.
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting.
The next meeting to take place on Thursday 10 March at 7.30pm.
220215. Closure of Part 1 of the Council meeting
The meeting closed at 9.30pm.
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting.
There were no Part 2 items.