Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on 14th February 2019 at 19:30 in the Stutton Village Hall
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the council is in session.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr P Spurrier (Vice Chairman), Cllr C Heard, Cllr D Kent, and Cllr D Mackay.
Clerk/RFO: Mrs G Kitchen
Apologies: Cllr Wrigglesworth, Cllr Sweeting, Cllr Metcalfe.
No members of the public in attendance.
Chairman welcomed councillors to the meeting.
190202. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the room for the relevant item(s).
190203. Public Forum
No MOPs present.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons.
Apologies received from Cllr Wrigglesworth, Cllr Sweeting, Cllr Metcalfe.
190205.Minutes of previous meeting
- Councillors to discuss and resolve whether or not to accept the 10 January minutes as an accurate record of the meeting.
- Chairman to sign the minutes if accepted – accepted.
190206. To receive reports from:
- Chairman – activities since the previous meeting – see Action Points below.
- NY County Councillor – little to report in addition to that reported in the last meeting. Reported that repairs are in hand for the road repairs. Positive feedback on the 493 bus service but unfortunately still doesn’t operate in the village. Cllr Mackay will request an update on whether this is feasible and request a trial period. Suggestion made that this would need to be well publicised. Cllr Mackay reported that the Police & Crime Commissioner is attending a meeting in Tadcaster next week.
- SD Councillor – not present.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. – Lily McQuade Rural Housing Enabler had been invited but was not present.
- Progress reports – to give updates on on-going projects – see action points below.
190207. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 25/01/19 –
Current account £8722.83
Investment account £10004.55
Clerk reported on potential costs of an election – approx £4000. Action Chairman to publicise elections and encourage new members.
b) Payments made since last meeting
Reissued cheque to Zurich Insurance £238 cheque no. 000895 (previous cheque 000893 cancelled due to incorrect amount)
c) Payments to be made at this meeting
- Clerk’s Salary £193.37 cheque no. 000896
- YLCA – clerk training £115.00 cheque no. 000897.
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation
e) Council to resolve whether or not to accept report and payments; chairman to initial bank sheets & invoices.- The council resolved to accept the report and the bank sheet was initialled by the chairman.
Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received.
2019/0029/FUL Proposed erection of a replacement dwelling at Peggy Ellerton Farm, Chantry Lane, Hazlewood.
Previous observations of the Parish Council were reported. The council had no further observations to make.
Decisions – 2018/1228/HPA 10 Woodlands Avenue, Tadcaster, LS24 9LE – Granted.
Discussed at length. Reported that the sun deck was no longer going to be constructed. Action clerk to register concerns of the planning process with SDC as the observations on this had been reported as not received.
190209. Update on action points from last meeting
- wildflowers- The clerk reported that she had emailed Highways to request no grass cutting but had not received a response, action clerk to contact Sharon Fox regarding grass cutting
- underpass – action clerk to contact electrician regarding wattage of LEDs installed.
- Register of assets – ongoing
- VAT reclaim – ongoing
- Christmas tree – action clerk to contact Stockeld Park and D C Graham
- Paperwork for 17 Mill Lane application- reported by clerk that this is available online
- budget- ongoing
- Litter Bins – the clerk reported this issue to the neighbouring council who are to raise it at their next meeting.
Councillors – reported that there will be a village litter pick on 24th March.
- telephone box – no progress
- Grit bins – supplies have been received
- Parish notice board – nothing to report due to absence of Cllr Wrigglesworth
- Road surface on Weedling Gate – see earlier minute
- Security of Parish Website – Cllr Heard has investigated this and reported that a certificate confirming our identity is available for £60 (less a 20% discount in the first year). Our domain name is also due for renewal – resolved to renew.. Action clerk to contact the bank for a debit card and request advice from YLCA on best practice.
190210. Review of Standing orders – progress report
190211. Correspondence received.
Letter from resident regarding Brant Lane- letter was discussed by Council. Resolved to contact the Footpaths Officer at NYCC to establish the status of the road. Action councillors to consult a definitive map of the area. Action clerk to confirm council’s actions to resident.
Email from resident regarding observations on planning application for 10 Woodlands Avenue.
Email from Lily McQuade regarding affordable housing, confirming her attendance at February meeting.
190212. Action taken since the last meeting under the clerk’s delegated powers
Commencement of VAT reclaim process – should be complete by next meeting.
see action points listed above.
190213. Village Hall
Report: From Cllr Heard re Village Hall matters – no meeting since last Parish Council meeting. A revision of rents is in progress.
190214. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
Cllr Spurrier reported that there will be piece on the 20 is plenty campaign in the next Stutton Standard.
The council noted with regret that the pub closure continues.
b) Items for the next agenda
To take any points from councillors for inclusion on the next agenda – none received.
190215. Further comments from the public
No MOPs present.
190216. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting- – 14th March 2019.
190217. Closure of Part 1 of the council meeting
No part 2 matters.
Signed. Gill Kitchen clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council 22/2/19