Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on 10th January 2019 at 19:30 in the Stutton Village Hall
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the council is in session.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr P Spurrier (Vice Chairman), Cllr C Heard, Cllr D Kent, Cllr S Wrigglesworth; Cllr C Metcalfe. Cllr R Sweeting and Cllr D Mackay.
Clerk/RFO: Mrs G Kitchen
Apologies: no apologies
Two members of the public in attendance.
The Chairman welcomed councillors and visitors to the meeting and reminded visitors when comments may be made and that the public must not interrupt whilst the meeting is in progress.
190102. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests: – none declared.
190103. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors.
MOP raised an error in the previous draft minutes stating that the letter in M181203 should have referred to the removal of hedge clippings rather than hedge cutting.
The MOP also raised the issue of a lack of affordable housing in the area to which Cllr Metcalfe supplied additional information. It was confirmed that Lily McQuade, the Rural Housing Enabler, is to be invited to the next meeting.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence and to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons – no apologies.
190105.Minutes of previous meeting
- Councillors to discuss and resolve whether or not to accept the 19 December minutes as an accurate record of the meeting. It was resolved to accept the minutes with an amendment to rectify the error noted in M190103 above.
- The Chairman signed the minutes as amended.
190106. To receive reports from:
- Chairman – activities since the previous meeting – none.
- NY County Councillor – basic increase in council tax of 2.99%. The Police Crimes Commissioner is consulting with all Parish Councils.
- SD Councillor – The executive will be proposing a council tax increase of 1.7% – in cash terms this relates to £3 band D equivalent (below the rate of inflation). The proposed charge of £35 for Green bins has been dropped. Confirmed that there will be no grant to replace the former one received as part of the precept.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. – none received.
- Progress reports – to give updates on on-going projects – see action points at M190109 below.
190107. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances:
Current account £9395.37
Investment account £10004.55.
b) Payments made since last meeting:
c) Payments to be made at this meeting:
Clerk’s Salary £193.37 cheque no. 000894.
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation
Zurich insurance (3 yrs) £484.74 cheque no. 000893,
YLCA (planning training for Cllr Wrigglesworth) £115 cheque no. 000892.
e) Payments received since the last meeting
f) Council resolved to accept report and payments; chairman initialled bank sheets & invoices. Clerk to circulate up to date financial report to all councillors.
i. Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received:
2018/1426/CPP Lawful development certificate at White Smithy Farm. No paperwork as yet received by clerk – essentially a retrospective application. Action clerk to contact SDC Planning for clarification and paperwork.
ii. Decisions – 2018/1064/DOC outline application for the erection of two detached dwellings following the demolition of an existing bungalow at Hawthorns, Church Lane, Stutton – Conditions satisfied.
190109. Update on action points from last meeting
- Report from Pauline Hogg re. wildflowers – an amount was awarded but insufficient for two boards and the original figure didn’t include the VAT figure. Figure now amended to include VAT and Cllr Wrigglesworth has volunteered to install the board – many thanks for doing this. Chris Haley-Norris of CEF is the point of contact and it was resolved that Pauline discuss further with him. After these discussions Pauline will contact Yorkshire Wildlife regarding additional information to put on the board. Action clerk to contact Sharon Fox to confirm the “non-cutting” of the verges. Permission has been granted by Highways for the installation of the board. Action clerk to prepare letter and copy management plan for wildflowers for Cllr Wrigglesworth to distribute to four landowners. Vote of thanks to Pauline and Cllr Wrigglesworth for all their hard work.
- Underpass – appeal has been lodged against the lighting bill and we have been advised to contact an additional supplier. It was raised that the drain is blocked in the underpass – action clerk to contact SDC for clearance.
- Register of assets – in progress.
- Insurance – completed.
- GDPR policy – information passed on by clerk as requested. Cllr Kent is working on the information to ascertain what and where changes are needed. Action Cllr Heard to find out the cost of making the parish website a secure site.
- Budget – ongoing.
- Litter Bins – ongoing. A MOP has reported large quantities of rubbish being left in the passing places on Mill Lane and has requested installation of bins there. Pointed out that these are not within parish boundary and concerns raised that this might lead to an increased littering and difficult parking in these areas. Action clerk to contact Grimston to request action on littering.
- telephone box – no volunteers have come forward. Agreed to place a notice board inside for parish matters.
- Christmas tree 2019 – there is a strong possibility that there will be no donated Christmas tree. Suggestion made that we contact Stockeld Park (for example) for a quotation on price and for it to be paid for by the Parish Council. Agreed. Action clerk to contact Selby Town Council to see about prices.
- Grit Bins – Cllr Wrigglesworth to action.
- 17 Mill Lane – report that appeal against the decision refused – action clerk to request paperwork from SDC.
190110. Review of Standing orders
This has been done and is contingent on the review of GDPR.
190111. Correspondence received
190112. Action taken since the last meeting under the clerk’s delegated powers
Commencement of VAT reclaim process,
see action points listed above.
190113. Village Hall
Report: From Cllr Heard re village Hall matters – possible purchase of a table tennis table with the proceeds from the wreath making workshop.
Letter from Village Hall Committee regarding Parish Notice Board – Cllr Wrigglesworth has assessed the repairs needed and it can be refurbished. He will consider options.
190114. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from councillors. None.
b) Items for the next agenda. None.
190115. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present.
Concern regarding worsening road surface on Weedling Gate. The issue has been reported.Cllr Mackay to report again and press for action.
190116. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting – 14/2/19.
190117. Closure of Part 1 of the council meeting – 21.09.
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting.
No part 2 matters.
Signed: David Birchall Chairman
Signed. Gill Kitchen clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council 17/01/19