OFFICIAL NOTICE OF STUTTON CUM HAZLEWOOD PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
The Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council is to be held on Thursday 12 January 2023 at 19.30 .
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the Council is in session.
Present: Cllr Heard (Chairman), Cllr Grayson, Cllr Catt, Cllr Poskitt, G.Kitchen (clerk/RFO)
Chairman welcomed councillors to the meeting;No members of the public present.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons. Apologies received from Cllrs Mackay and Spurrier. The council resolved to accept the apologies for the reasons given.
230103. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the meeting for the relevant item(s). None declared.
230104. Minutes of previous meeting
- 1.Councillors to discuss and resolve whether to accept the 10 November minutes as an accurate record of the meeting.
- 2.Chairman to sign the minutes if accepted. Accepted and clerk to sign on behalf of the Chairman
230105. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors. No MOPs present.
230106. Administrative Matters
Councillors to report on progress regarding SOs..To carry forward to the next meeting.
230107. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 23 December 2022:
Current account £ 12807.36
Investment account £10045.62
CIL balance nil – funds used for Tommy War Memorial
b) Payments made since last meeting – none
c) Payments to be made at this meeting
Clerk Salary (December) cheque no. 0011071 208.13
G.Kitchen – reimbursement for postage cheque no.0011071 £5.44
HMRC Cheque no. 0011072 £156.20
Autela Payroll Services cheque no. 0011073 £54.00
G.Kitchen (January) cheque no. 0011074 £208.53
Zurich Insurance cheque no. 001075 £239.92
VHC xheque no 001076 £250.00
SSC cheque no. 001077 £100.00
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation.
None at time of meeting
e) Council to resolve whether to accept report and payments; Chairman to sign bank statements.
Draft budget – to carry forward to the next meeting.
Precept for 23/24 This was discussed and it was resolved to request a no change. To note that there will be a percentage change of 2.32% which will appear on residents’ council tax bills.
230108. To receive reports from:
- County and District Councillors – Cllr Poskitt clarified that we are still in the transitory period to the new Unitary Authority. Much discussion regarding community engagement and forum. Cllr Poskitt informed the council regarding her locality budget and that she is mindful of not contributing to Stutton as yet, Her deadline is 31/01/23 for requests.Council discussed the issue and resolved to request £1000 towards the upkeep of the underpass path. Nothing to report on the Brant Lane issues.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. None present.
Applications received:none received at time of agenda preparation
Decisions: none at time of meeting
230110. Matters ongoing since the last meeting
Underpass lighting- Tadcaster Town Council have refused our request. Cllr Poskitt will raise the issue at the next meeting.
Speed limits – ongoing
Website upgrade Clerk to retry downloading the agendas and minutes to pass to the Chairman-
Telephone box – ongoing due to absence of Cllr Spurrier
Parish notice board – ditto
Rural housing – ongoing but clerk to chase up with RHO.
Clerk’s IT equipment -Cllr Heard to organise with supplier.
9. Dog fouling and waste bins – with Cllr Mackay
10.Dispute over Bridle path /Brant Lane
– see point above
230111. Correspondence received –
Wildflower verges– Clerk updated the council on progress. It was resolved that the clerk should report the incident retrospectively.
230112. Village Hall –
Report from Cllr Spurrier re Village Hall matters. Cllr Spurrier provided the following report in his absence.
The last meeting of the VH Committee was on 17 November, there wasn’t a December meeting. At that meeting it was reported that:
- Financially the books are balancing, but the increase in gas prices has put further pressure on the pricing structure, although the government assistance on the electricity costs has helped a little.
- A volunteer has come forward to take over from Elaine in organising the VH gardening activities – a big Thank You to Elaine for all her hard work and hopefully her ongoing support.
- Finances £6683.03 in bank with £148.33 in petty cash.
- There is ongoing maintenance required on the fencing between pub and VH and materials will need to be purchased for this, although the work will be completed by local volunteers.
- The VH Committee and the Stutton Social committee are looking to work even more closely together going forward, with some shared committee functions, within the restrictions of the two organisations’ constitutions. This will be discussed at the VH AGM on Thursday 26 January.
- The new PC invoice for 2023 has been sent to the Clerk.
In terms of social events at the VH, organised and run via Stutton Social Committee, the Christmas event went well, was well supported and after paying for Garforth Brass Band, gifts from Santa and the Christmas tree, takings from refreshments and contribution from Stutton PC of £100, the event broke even. Due to limited interest the New Years Eve event was cancelled. Going forward there are plans for events in 2023, including evening presentations, refreshment and chat evenings, more traditional BBQ type events as the weather improves, with profits largely going to help maintain the VH
230113. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from Councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from Councillors for inclusion on the next agenda. None
230114, Grit bins – it was discussed regarding whether they need restocking. Clerk to request via Cllr Spurrier
230115. Coronation to be discussed at the next meeting.
230116. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present. None present
230117. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting. 9/2/23
Clerk to email all councillors to check availability
230118. Closure of Part 1 of the Council meeting 20.30pm
Revised salary scales – carried forward to the next meeting.