STUTTON CUM HAZLEWOOD PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on 13 January 2020 at 19:30 in the Stutton Village Hall.
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the council is in session.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr P Spurrier (Vice-Chairman) Cllr C Heard, Cllr D Mackay,
Clerk/RFO: Mrs G Kitchen
No members of the public were present.
The Chairman welcomed councillors to the meeting.
200102. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the room for the relevant item(s). None were declared.
200103. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. No members of the public were present.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons. Apologies received from Cllr K Grayson; the parish council resolved to accept the reasons given.
200105. Minutes of previous meetings
Councillors discussed and resolved to accept the 14 and 26 November minutes as accurate records of the meetings. The Chairman signed the minutes as accepted.
201106. To receive reports from:
- Chairman – activities since the previous meeting The Chairman had circulated the response from Mary Welch at NYCC about the village bus service. It was felt that this was more positive than on previous occasions with a promise of a review in April 2020. The Chairman had also reported an incident of fly-tipping on Mill Lane to SDC.
- NY County Councillor – The grant for repairs to Brant Lane has now been received and Cllr Mackay will be in touch with the contractor. There will be a small additional sum required. Cllr Heard has reported the flooded gully on Weedling Gate and Cllr Mackay to further investigate.
- SD Councillor – It was reported that more funding has been received for repairs to potholes and the new wheelie bin scheme roll-out begins this month. SDC is still expressing concerns regarding access to Brant Lane for refuse vehicles.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc.
- Progress reports – to give updates on on-going projects – see action points below.
200107. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 25/12/19 –
Current account £11,262.60 (includes £1000 grant from Cllr Mackay)
Investment account £10029.62
CIL balance £325.60
The request for £165.65 made to SDC has been paid and the shelving ordered for the telephone box.
b) Payments made since last meeting –
Autela Payroll Services £47.08 cheque no. 000930
HMRC £145.00 cheque no. 000931
G.Kitchen (December salary), £193.37 cheque no. 000932
c) Payments to be made at this meeting
G. Kitchen January Salary £193.37 cheque no. 000933.
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation – none received.
e) 2020/2021 Precept – Council determined the figure for submission to SDC as £9300 – Action clerk to complete request form and deliver to SDC.
f) Council resolved to accept report and payments; Chairman initialled bank sheets & invoices.
Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received.
No new applications received.
Updates on London Road Quarry. Cllr Birchall had circulated an email regarding progress on the planning application. It is anticipated that a decision may be made by NYCC’s Planning Committee on 25 February if further information from the applicants is received in good time, or failing that at the 31 March meeting. The NYCC officer has promised to contact everyone who has objected to the application and invite representatives to that meeting. Cllr Heard agreed to represent the Parish Council.
Update from clerk regarding Owl House complaint. The clerk reported that SDC have investigated the complaint and found there to be no conflict with the original planning conditions.
17 Weedling Gate. The council had observed that the gate erected is not the one identified in the plans and DSC had undertaken to investigate. Action clerk to contact SDC. Cllr Mackay also undertook to look into this.
Decisions – 2019/1135/CPP Peggy Ellerton Farm – Lawful development certificate granted for the proposed erection of a single storey extension, construction of rear dormer and erection of a detached domestic outbuilding.
Response following discussion of planning issues with head of planning – invitation to receive Electronic Planning Consultations. The council resolved to request planning applications electronically but with paper copies also.
200109. Update on action points from last meeting
- underpass – ongoing, awaiting response re corrected invoice.
- grit bins – the broken bin has now been replaced. Action clerk to check with Cllr Wriggglesworth if the bins are now full.
- Bank Mandate – completed.
- 20MPH – ongoing. Action clerk to check again with Bolton Percy.
- Contribution to pensioners’ party (request from Cllr Sweeting) – resolved and agreed to make a contribution of £100.
- Proposal from David Gluck concerning the Tadcaster Neighbourhood Development Plan – discussed and resolved to take no further action at present.
- Website (accessibility regulations) – Cllr Heard has contacted YLCA and is reviewing their response.
- Village Design Statement review – draft revisions completed.
- telephone box – shelving purchased and awaiting fitting. BBC Radio York ran a piece prior to Christmas regarding the decorations and interviewed a local resident who was involved.
- Parish notice board – ongoing.
- Bus services – see earlier minute point from Chairman’s report.
- Brant Lane – awaiting contact from the contractors regarding the repairs.
200110. Correspondence received
emails circulated to councillors.
Note from YLCA regarding template policies for Grievance and Disciplinary Handling. It was discussed and resolved to adopt the YLCA policy and Cllr Birchall to add to the website.
200111- Action taken since the last meeting under the clerk’s delegated powers
See action points listed above.
200112. Village Hall
Report: From Cllr Heard re Village Hall matters. There have been no meetings since the last council meeting with the next meeting to be the forthcoming AGM.
200113. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
The council have received a complaint regarding overflowing dog waste bins. Action clerk to contact SDC.
Comments had been received concerning the red kite population around the village and the Red Kite Society had offered to give a presentation. [Since the meeting this has been arranged for 7.00 pm on 26 February in the Village Hall.]
b) Items for the next agenda
To take any points from councillors for inclusion on the next agenda.
200114. Further comments from the public
No members of the public were present.
200115. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting.
The next meeting will take place on Thursday 13 February 2020 at 7.30pm.
201116. Closure of Part 1 of the council meeting
The meeting closed at 20.43.
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting
No part 2 items.
G.Kitchen (clerk/RFO) 19/01/20