Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on Thursday 13 January 2022
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the Council is in session.
Present: Cllr P Spurrier (Vice-Chairman) Cllr C Heard, Cllr E Catt, Cllr E Collins, County Cllr D Mackay, Clerk/RFO Mrs G.Kitchen
Matthew Brown – Rural Housing Officer
The Vice Chairman welcomed councillors to the meeting.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons. Apologies from Cllr Birchall, Cllr Lee and Cllr Sweeting – the council resolved to accept the apologies for the reasons given.
220103. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the meeting for the relevant item(s). None declared.
220104. Minutes of previous meeting
Councillors to discuss and resolve whether or not to accept the 21 October minutes as an accurate record of the meeting. Resolved to accept the minutes as correct.
220105. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors. No members of the public were present.
211006. To receive reports from:
- County and District Councillors. Cllr Mackay reported that his contact in NYCC has promised to address the road markings at no cost to the council. No contact made at present with clerk.
- Cllr Mackay is making every effort to locate the address of the landowner of the BeechTree crossroads hedge.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. The Rural Housing Officer (RHO) presented his findings to the council. His report was as a result of the site visit carried out last year with Cllr Heard and 2 SDC representatives. The report shows a potential 5 sites. The process is now for the PC to decide if the recommendations can be taken forward. If this is the case, he will contact the registered providers. The RHO confirmed that any applicants need to be Stutton based and the properties will always remain as affordable housing.
The council resolved to read and consult regarding the report.
220107. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 24 December 2021
Current account £9211.35
Investment account £10038.20
CIL balance £325.60
b) Payments made since last meeting
bi) Defib warehouse (replacement batteries) £288.80 cheque no. 001033
bii) K Tillett £1225.00 cheque no. 001034
biii) G Kitchen £60.00 cheque no. 001035
biv) HMRC £153.20 cheque no. 001036
bv) G Kitchen (December salary) £204.25 cheque no. 001037
c) Payments to be made at this meeting.
ci) Autela Payroll £52.20 cheque no. 001038
cii) Zurich insurance £239.92 cheque no. 001039
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation.
G Kitchen (January salary) £205.24 cheque no. 001040
e) Council resolved to accept report and payments and it was signed and initialled by the Vice Chairman
220108 Precept for 2022/23
Council resolved to confirm the informal meeting recommendation of setting the precept at £9575.
Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received. None received.
b) Applications considered under Standing Order 25(b) since the last meeting:
2021/0257/FUL Jackdaw Quarry – the council’s comments have been registered with NYCC.
2021/0707/FUL 15 Mill Lane, Stutton – withdrawn. Council discussed whether the removed fencing should be replaced. Action Cllr Mackay to speak with Highways on this matter.
2021/0907/DOC Peggy Ellerton Farm, Hazlewood – condition discharged.
220110. Matters ongoing since the last meeting
- Underpass lighting – clerk reported on progress and situation. NPower are charging a disproportionate amount for standing charges. Still unclear as to whether the council is in or out of contract – Action clerk to check this and also what the previous standing charges were.
- Footpath to underpass – Cllr Spurrier reported no issues currently. Resolved to remove from agenda.
- Speed limits – see later agenda item under site visit.
- Mill Lane road markings – incorrectly marked as a parking space rather than a passing place. See earlier agenda item. MOPs have expressed concern regarding parking in front of the bungalows – Action clerk to check with SDC.
- Stutton Cross Junction – concerns raised regarding debris on road coming from traffic using Jackdaw Quarry. Action clerk to contact the company (cc Highways).
- Memorial Stone – the plaque is now ready and the company have requested removal of the stone in order to dress it more effectively. The council discussed this and expressed strong concerns regarding this as it is very firmly set in position. Action clerk to contact company to express these concerns and ascertain position in the event of damage to the stone.
- Website – Cllrs Heard and Collins have now seen the Beta version, Cllr Heard will send to all councillors.
- Telephone box – work is progressing.
- Parish notice board – winter project.
- Rural housing – see earlier agenda item.
- New Community Policeman not present.
- Next Year’s Royal Jubilee. Cllr Catt reported the tree has been delivered and is ready to be planted. The council discussed the need for a plaque and Cllr Catt to investigate options.
- Clerk’s IT equipment. Clerk has done some preliminary research, Cllr Heard advised on minimum memory requirements.
220110. Correspondence received
- Hedge cutting – clerk has had letters returned as “unknown”. Cllr Mackay is making every effort to locate the owner.
220111. Village Hall
Report from Cllr Heard re Village Hall matters. The AGM has now taken place and there was a formal decision to join forces with the Stutton Social Committee. The council resolved to accept Cllr Spurrier’s offer to act as VH representative. The council formally thanked Cllr Heard for all his work as representative.
220112. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from Councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from Councillors for inclusion on the next agenda.
Clerk to investigate who holds responsibility for the maintenance of the Woodlands hedges.
220113. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present. None present.
220114. Date, time and place of next meeting. The next meeting will be held on Thursday 10 February 2022 at 7.30 pm.
220115. Closure of Part 1 of the Council meeting. The meeting closed at 21.18.
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting.
Cllr Birchall has made the decision to step down as councillor in May when the PC will need to be re-elected. The council resolved to thank Cllr Birchall for all his work and will begin canvassing interest for a new councillor.
The meeting closed at 21.30.