Minutes of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council meeting held on Thursday 14th July 2016 at 19:30 in the Stutton Village Hall
Chairman: Cllr Mrs T Fawcett
Clerk: Mrs S Loaring. Molmill, Malt Kiln Terrace, Stutton, Tadcaster LS249SF
Telephone: 01937 339197. Email Clerkstuttonpc@gmail.com
Present: Cllr T Fawcett Cllrs D Birchall; C Heard; S Wrigglesworth; P Spurrier.
Clerk – S Loaring; NYCC Cllr Metcalfe; and one member of the public.
Apologies: Rachel Rose – Stutton Village Hall
All present signed the attendance book.
Village Hall Report:
RR gave apologies.
Nothing to report.
a) One cheque to sign: £78.08 for Yorkshire Water.
The Chairman welcomed Councillors and public to the meeting.
160702. Declarations of interest
Tango Fawcett declared a disclosable pecuniary interest (DPI) in Agenda item 160714.
160703. Public Forum
One member of the public present spoke about the discovery of rare wild flowers which have been found to be living in the Parish. A request to manage grass cutting to allow the flowers to grow was requested.
160705. Minutes of previous meeting
Councillors discussed and resolved to accept the 9th June minutes as an accurate record of the meeting.
The Chairman signed the accepted minutes.
160706. To receive reports from
I) Chairman – activities since the last meeting – No report.
II) NY County Councillor – Chris Metcalfe – No report>
III) SD Councillor – Don Mackay – No report.
IV) Any other representatives – Police, CEF, etc. – No report.
V) Progress reports – to give updates on ongoing projects:
– Update from David Birchill on Buses. As we are in a period of review it is unlikely that any suggestions will be implemented immediately. The Council discussed DB’s suggestion of changing a bus route via Woodlands Avenue and the Council agreed DB should forward this as a suggestion as a way to save three minutes off the timetabled route to enable a bus to be routed through Stutton. The Council agreed that DB submit this idea and review progress in six months.
– Gary Lumb had not inspected damaged verges on Brant Lane. Council resolved to keep on the agenda for next meeting.
160707. RFO’s report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances
The Current Account statement was not available.
£2092.86 (Business Account).
b)Payments made – None made.
c)Payments made at this meeting
£229.32. Cheque No 000784.
d)Other invoices received since agenda preparation – None.
Grass cutting invoices expected but not received. Council agreed that the Clerk should write to Keith Tillett to request outstanding invoices for grass cutting.
e) Payments received since the last meeting
£0.26 interest on Business Account.
f)One cheque for £840 to More Medical for the Defibrillator has not been received.
Clerk to cancel and reissue this cheque.
g) External Audit form:
Clerk advised that the deadline for submission had been missed and this had incurred a fine of £30 which will be added to the Auditor’s invoice.
h) Council resolved to accept report and payments; There were no formal accounts or statements to sign and so this will be done at the next meeting.
I) Cllr TF advised that she has a form to submit to the bank to update name on the statement. The Council discussed and resolved to investigate internet banking for the PC.
Applications received: None received.
Decisions received : None received.
Update on planning issues: There were no updates on planning.
160709. Flag pole
Ongoing – will be put up when Cllr SW can allocate time.
160710. Bulb planting
Ongoing – date in diary for September.
Gary Lumb from County Highways Area 7 attended a site meeting to address concerns on Garnet Lane. See 160715.
Cllr PS advised that Matthew Baynham has made arrangements to deliver Defibrillator and box although nothing yet received.
Cheque has not been received. See 160607 f).
160713 Website update
Cllr CH nothing to update. Still waiting for a meeting with IT contact on ways to improve the website via CMS.
160714 Smell from organic waste
30 complaints to EA resulted in cessation of activity on 30th June. A letter from Nigel Adams MP relating to the activity has been placed on the PC website which has provided closure to the issue.
160715 Speeding on Garnet Lane
Cllr Metcalfe reported that a site visit from Gary Lumb from Highways Area 7 has resulted in a recommendation that once grass is cut, Highways would look at creating pedestrian refuges. The Council discussed and agreed this proposal.
Overgrown grass has hindered visibility and not allowed pedestrians to step off the road and SDC does not cut grass on this verge. The council discussed and agreed to request this grass be cut as soon as possible by the Parish Council via Keith Tillett and that this location be added to the annual grass cutting schedule.
Gary Lumb’s assessment concluded that the 30mph area cannot be extended but that he would look into a 40mph limit be introduced at the top of Garnet Terrace. GL to feedback via Cllr CM.
The Council thanked Cllr Metcalfe for his input.
160716 Grass cutting on verges where rare wild flowers are found
Council discussed and agreed to implement a schedule of one September cut to the relevant verges to enable the spikes of rare orchids to grow. Clerk to contact Keith Tillet to request this.
Council discussed and agreed to place information about the orchids on the PC website.
Council discussed Cllr Metcalfe’s suggestion and resolved to request signs be placed at the rear of the verge advising the growing season of the plants.
160717 Document Review
Clerk to Email schedule of documents to each Cllr.
160718 Correspondence received
1. Phone and email complaints re smell from organic matter being spread at quarry on Old London Road.
2. Public complaints re overgrowth on path from Stutton to Tadcaster via underpass.
Council discussed and resolved to request this be cut at the Parish Council’s expense. SW to look on the Land Registry to see who the land beside the path belong to.
3. Public complaints re light not working at underpass – Council discussed and resolved a short term fix for the lights to be implemented by the Parish Council whilst responsibility is established.
4. Dog Fouling – email – Council has this in hand o replace missing dog poo bin at the beginning of the path at Hawthorn Crescent.
5. Speeding on Garnet Lane – dealt with under 160715.
6. Rare flowers and management of verge cutting – dealt with under 160716.
7. YLCA Annual Review.
8. Mr and Mrs Catt re planning for Sunset View.
9. Fly tipping – Council discussed and resolved that Clerk to write to Towton Parish Council to request signage for Passing Places on Mill Lane.
160719. Action taken since the last meeting under the clerk’s delegated powers
1. Underpass. Clerk written to Highways England and NYCC to establish ownership and responsibility.
2. Paving slabs quotation – Clerk to obtain quotations.
a) Councillors’ Forum
1. Hedge next to footpath by Stutton Road flyover. Request landowner cut back. Land owned by John Smiths. Clerk to contact Estates department.
2. Grass Cutting schedule – Council to review and agree schedule before next putting out to tender.
b) Items for the next agenda
Social Committee – The Stutton Social Committee have been actively discussing the possibility of taking on the management of the Village Hall and have this on the agenda of their next meeting.
160721. To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present
Member of the public thanked the Council for their support in protecting wild orchids.
160722 Date, time and place of next meeting
Council agreed 8th September at 7.30PM for the next meeting.
160723. Closure of the council meeting
The meeting closed at 20.52.
Signed……………………………………………………………………………….. Date: ……………………………….
Action points from the meeting
Clerk to attend the bank with ID to get address changed (with Cllr Fawcett).
Cllr PS – Report back on Defibrillator progress.
Cllr SW – Report back on
Site visit from Gary Lumb – Highways Area 7
Damage to Fanny Lane and Brant Lane
Flag pole progress.
Cllr CH – provide an update on website.
Clerk – Contact Parnaby’s in Ulleskelf re quote for benches.