Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council
Date: Thursday 9th July 2015 at Time: 7.30pm. Venue: Stutton Village Hall.
Attendees: Cllr. Tango Fawcett (Chair) Cllr. David Birchall (Vice Chair) Cllr. Stuart Wrigglesworth Cllr. Don Mackay
Lisa Powell (Clerk)
PART I – Ordinary Meeting Minutes
1.0 Apologies – Cllr. Metcalfe & Cllr. Heard.
Cllr. Birchall advised that Cllr. Richard Sweeting should receive an invite to this meeting. LP to arrange. (LP)
2.0 Declaration of Interests – Cllr. Wrigglesworth declared an interest in a Planning Application that is due to be received, namely, Chapel Cottage, Green Lane, Stutton.
3.0 New Clerk – E-mail addresses – LP advised that she could not access one out of the two Clerk email accounts, namely, the names.co.uk account. Howard Fothergill advised that he rarely used this email address. It was agreed that Cllr. Heard should set a redirect onto the email account or out of office message asking people to resend their email to email@example.com.
Pensions Regulator – LP advised that she registered with the Pensions Regulator as the Primary Contact. (CH)
4.0 Minutes – The minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council meeting held 18th June 2015 were reviewed. Amendments to be made by LP. The revised minutes should then be circulated and once agreed, posted on the website and the Village Notice Board. Once agreed, a copy should be provided to the Chair for her to sign. (LP)
5.0 Progress Reports – None
6.0 Village Hall and Grounds – LP advised that Linda Stewart (Sam Smith’s) had been contacted regarding the guttering and the drains. Linda Stewart advised the works would be completed
by the 8th of July, although the drains problems may not be resolved fully as it’s a reoccurring problem. LP to speak to Helen Smith to confirm works have been completed. (LP)
7.1 Payment of Accounts, Bank Statements and Invoices – Chairman initialled all bank statements. Invoices paid as follows: • 000753 – Internal Audit Invoice – £20.00
7.2 Annual Audit – LP advised that the Annual Audit has been signed off and sent to PKF. LP to provide Cllr. Birchall with a copy to publish on the website. (LP)
7.3 Cheques – Cheques were signed as follows: • 000753 – Internal Audit Invoice – £20.00
7.4 Invoice Review – Cemetery Fees – Tadcaster Town Councillors were due to attend the meeting to discuss this item. Stutton Parish Council were disappointed that they were unable to attend, but will defer this item until the next meeting. Tadcaster Town Councillors; Nick Brown, Steve Cobb and Greg Lodge to be invited to attend. LP to obtain statistics relating to the service over the last 4 years.
Street light at Ash Tree Walk – Cllr Mackay confirmed that the street light in question does in fact belong to North Yorkshire Highways. LP to obtain necessary information from TTC to prove this and contact NPower for a refund. (LP)
8.0 Planning – Outline application for a new house at 15 Mill Lane, Stutton, reference 2015/0271/OUT has been granted. LP advised one other application had been received on 8 July. TF advised that this would need to be discussed at a separate meeting. LP to contact Selby Council to advise we need more time to review and to arrange another meeting. (LP)
9.0 Parish Council Website – Cllr. Birchall advised that he contacted Selby Council in order to get the website up to date. The following updates were provided:
• Red Roofs, Church Crescent, Stutton – The application was referred back to the applicants in April 2014. Since then it has been pending but is still live
• Peggy Ellerton Farm, Hazlewood – The application is still on the officer’s desk. The possibilities are officer refusal or referral to Planning Committee for approval.
• The Brante, Brant Lane, Stutton – Approved under the permitted development regulations but the detailed re-submission was far in excess of those permitted parameters and has been refused.
• Jackdaw Crag – Still being reviewed.
Cllr. Birchall confirmed that the website is backed up and the ‘plug ins’ had been updated.
10.0 Affordable Housing – Nothing to report.
11.0 Bus Subsidy Reduction – Cllr. Birchall advised he circulated a possible Parish Council response. Cllr. Heard suggested that the last bus would now be too early and thought that we might have to settle for pressing for a two-hourly bus service and asked if the Parish Council could suggest a draft timetable. This would be difficult as Cllr. Birchall doesn’t have information about vehicle availability, driver rosters etc. However, he will try to draft something.
A letter from Dr. Lewis has been received and responded to.
North Yorkshire County Council advised that Information would be available in Tadcaster Library however staff unaware of this. Feedback forms with reply-paid envelopes have been left in the Hare & Hounds by the Parish Council.
Further feedback was requested from the Parish Council prior to responding to North Yorkshire County Council. (DB/All)
12.0 Review of Standing Orders, Financial Regulations & Risk Assessments – Review of documents undertaken and the following feedback and amendments were advised:
• Number of sub paragraphs (section 18) is incorrect. However they are generally acceptable.
• In Section 23, the reorganisation of the Tadcaster ward means that we should also be inviting Richard Sweeting to the meeting.
• There is little room for alteration of this document.
• In 11(i)(b) and 11(i)(g), the reference to the £50k limit should be raised to £60k to reflect the more up to date Standing Orders.
• The cross reference in 11(i)(b) should be to Standing Orders 18(b) – (e) rather than 28(b) – (e).
• Risk Assessment needs to be circulated and reviewed. LP to circulate. LP to action changes and provide copies to the next meeting for sign off.
Cllr. Fawcett advised there is Clerk training available. LP to enquire. (LP)
13.0 Correspondence – LP advised that the Clerks & Council Direct Newsletter had been received.
Waste Collection – Heather Chew has sent a contract and invoice through for Waste collection. LP to speak to Rachel Rose regarding how to split this bill. (LP)
14.0 Councillor’s Report and Items for Future Agendas – Cllr. Wrigglesworth advised that the sale of the Church has been delayed due to the fact that the land is in Trust to the Clergy of St. Mary’s and they need to disband the Trust to sell the land. Until this is resolved they are unable to sell on the open market.
Dr Lewis has raised the following issues:
• Hedge at 18 Manor Road is obstructing the footpath and forcing pedestrians to step onto the road on the blind corner. LP to raise with the occupiers.
• Suggested that there should be a sign “Footpath and cycle path to Stutton” at the northern end of that path. LP to raise with the Footpath Officer.
Other signage work required includes:
• Junction of Old London Road and Chantry Lane – splits bridle way in both directions. Needs to been signposted as such.
• The section of Old London Road going between the quarries down to the Cock Beck is a bridle way and needs to be signposted as such.
LP to speak to Footpath Officer.
It was also agreed that at Beech Tree Corner from Moor Lane you cannot see traffic on Old London Road. Although this is the responsibility of North Yorkshire CC, LP to ask Keith Tillet for a quote to do the work. (LP)
15.0 Date of Next Meeting –
Future meetings – Every 2nd Thursday of the month. Agreed to move September meeting forward by one week to Thursday 3rd September.
16.0 Meeting Close – Meeting Formally Closed at 8:40pm.
1.0 Co-opting of Vacancy for one Parish Councillor and update
of Bank Signatories – LP advised that only one person (Paul Spurrier) had submitted an application form to join the Parish Council. Councillors reviewed his application and agreed that he was a suitable candidate. LP To contact Mr. Spurrier to offer him the position. (LP)
2.0 Meeting Closed at 8:53pm