STUTTON CUM HAZLEWOOD PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on 14 May 2020 at 19:30 via Zoom Video-conference.
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the council is in session.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr C Heard, Cllr E Catt
Clerk/RFO: Mrs G Kitchen
No members of the public were present.
The Chairman welcomed all councillors. No visitors or members of the public were present.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons. Apologies were received from Cllrs Spurrier, Grayson and Mackay. The council resolved to accept the apologies.
200603. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the meeting for the relevant item(s). No interests were declared.
190604. Minutes of previous meeting
- Councillors discussed and resolved to accept the 14 May minutes as an accurate record of the meeting.
- The Clerk was authorised to sign the minutes on behalf of the Chairman as accepted.
200605. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors. No members of the public present.
200606. To receive reports from:
- County and District Councillors.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc.
No reports presented.
200507. RFO’s Report on the Governance and Accounting Statements 2019/20
a) The clerk reported on the last meeting with the internal auditor; progress has been made but there are still some errors to be rectified. Due to the pandemic, the deadline for submission has been put back to September and the clerk is confident that the Governance Statement will be ready by the next meeting.
b) To consider and resolve approval of the Accounting Statements 2019/20. Chairman to sign if accepted. Not yet completed.
200608. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 6/5/20.
Current account £12748.66 (we have received the 1st payment of the precept £4650)
Investment account £10034.62
CIL balance £325.60
b) Payments made since last meeting
c) Payments to be made at this meeting
ci) G Kitchen June Salary £193.37 cheque no. 000948
cii) G Kitchen (Zoom subscription) £14.39 cheque no. 000946
ciii) G.Kitchen (postage) £7.80 cheque no. 000947
civ) HMRC £145.00 cheque no. 000949
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation. – none received.
e) Council to resolve whether or not to accept report and payments; RFO to initial bank sheets & invoices on behalf of the Chairman. The council resolved to accept the report and payments which were signed by the Clerk on behalf of the Chairman.
Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received.
None received at time of agenda preparation.
Applications considered electronically since the last meeting:
NY/2018/0009/FUL Extraction of 30,000 tonnes of limestone and importation of 600,000 tonnes of construction waste to complete restoration and export of 300,000 tonnes of secondary aggregate at Old London Road Quarry, Stutton, Tadcaster, LS24 9NQ. Consideration of this application has been deferred pending the submission of further information requested. The planning department is insisting on a full environmental survey and have advised the applicants to re-submit.
2019/1167/FUL Proposed erection of an agricultural barn at White Smithy Farm Paradise Lane Hazlewood Tadcaster North Yorkshire LS24 9NJ – Refused.
2020/0312/HPA Proposed two storey side extension at 12 Mill Lane, Stutton, Tadcaster, LS24 9BT – Accepted.
200610. Action taken since the last meeting by the Clerk
- Underpass – ongoing.
- Speed limits – letter received from MOP and Cllr Mackay reports he has progressed this on within SDC. Action clerk to write to MOP confirming the council’s full support in the matter after Cllr Heard has assessed the condition of the refuges. Cllr Birchall to re-draft and take forward a case for the outstanding matter of a recommendation for a 20 m.p.h. speed limit in Stutton village.
- Grass cutting – this has been done and the council thanks Mr Tillett for his continuing hard work.
- Dog fouling – letter from resident – The council discussed the contents of the letter. It was resolved that we thank him for agreeing to pick up in certain areas. In terms of the regulations the council discussed how NYCC have given the responsiblity to SDC and the regulations indicate a legal requirement to pick up in the following areas: Stutton village, Green Lane, Church Lane, the footpath through the underpass, and the Woodlands estate. The other areas within the parish boundary are a moral responsibility for all residents. Action clerk to pass on this information to the MOP.
- Memorial Stone – The clerk is obtaining quotations for a brass plaque and Cllr Mackay has indicated he will fund the cost from his grant.
200611. Action taken since the last meeting by Councillors
- Website (accessibility regulations) – Cllr Heard is looking into the latest information and will report back in due course.
- Village Design Statement review – completed and thanks to Cllr Spurrier for his work on this project.
- Telephone box – still awaiting fitting of shelving.
- Parish notice board – on hold.
- Bus services – on hold during the pandemic.
- Rural housing – on hold during the pandemic.
200612. Correspondence received
Tadcaster – notice of consultation for designation of a neighbourhood area. – it was noted that all outlying villages have opted out of the scheme.
Hedge Cutting at the Beech crossroads – the clerk reported that there is no previous correspondence on file and to request details from former councillor Wrigglesworth in order to contact the landowner if necessary.
BeAWare has reported that the shopping service is likely to cease due to a drop in demand and the council resolved to express thanks for the efforts of everyone in setting up this marvellous service.
190613. Village Hall
Report from Cllr Heard re Village Hall matters – nothing to report.
200614. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from Councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from Councillors for inclusion on the next agenda. Nothing to report.
200615. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present. No public present.
200616. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting. The next meeting will be held via Zoom on Thursday 9/7/20 at 19.30.
200617. Closure of Part 1 of the Council meeting The meeting closed at 20.13.
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting.
No part 2 issues to discuss.
Signed. Gill Kitchen, Clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council 18 June 2020