MINUTES OF STUTTON CUM HAZLEWOOD PARISH COUNCIL MEETING held on Thursday 14th June 2018 at 19:30 in the Stutton Village Hall
Chairman: Cllr Mr D Birchall
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen. 6 Wood Lane, Thorpe Willoughby, Selby, YO8 9PT
Telephone: 01757 703664. 07796 544404 Email: email@example.com
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chair), Cllr P Spurrier, Cllr D Kent, Cllr S Wrigglesworth
Clerk – Mrs G.Kitchen;
Apologies: Apologies were received from Cllr Heard and Cllr Metcalfe,
All present signed the attendance book
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the council is in session.
- Any elector (listener) or member of the press is entitled to attend this meeting and raise any concerns or questions they may have with the Parish Council. These concerns and questions must be written, either by letter or e-mail, and received by the Clerk 5 days before the meeting.
- Listeners’ comments will be taken at agenda item 180603.
- Comments on agenda items will be taken first with a time restriction of 15 minutes’ maximum.
- Listeners may also comment on the meeting at agenda item 180619. This is for information only.
- Decisions cannot be made at this meeting on items not on the agenda.
- Councillors and visitors to sign the attendance book.
- 1. The Chairman welcomed councillors to the meeting.
- 2. The council welcomed Cllr Wrigglesworth who has been co-opted as a new councillor. The clerk had sent the documents to Cllr Wrigglesworth for completion and Cllr Wrigglesworth resolved to complete and bring them to the next meeting.
180602. Declarations of interest
180603. Public Forum
No MOPs present.
The council resolved to accept the apologies and reasons received from Cllr Heard and Cllr Metcalfe.
180605. Minutes of previous meeting
1. Councillors discussed and resolved to accept the 10th May minutes as an accurate record of the meeting.
2. The Chairman agreed to sign the minutes.
180606. To receive reports from
Chairman – activities since the previous meeting – none recorded
NY County Councillor – not present
SD Councillor – not present
Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. The clerk had circulated the police email to all councillors. The council resolved that there was currently no cause for concern.
Progress reports – to give updates on on-going projects –
wild flowers at Jackdaw Crag – one of the verges has been cut with apparently a flail, action clerk to chase.
missing Mill Lane fence, action clerk to chase.
installation of dog poo bins – done.
underpass, action clerk to chase.
Yorventure, clerk to deal.
pub car park – Cllr Heard has replied to the letter but will need to be checked for response.
20 is plenty campaign – Cllr Spurrier has received some useful information from Barkston Ash representatives. There they have installed signs on private land to avoid the need for planning permission. Action is needed to assess where the signs should be installed and to contact the owners of that land for permission. Action Cllr Spurrier. The council agreed that signs are needed at both entries to the village, suggested by Cllr Wrigglesworth 3 various sites.
180607. RFO’s report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting)
£19,023.43 Statement 27 March to 31 May 2018. see spreadsheet
£2,093.32 Business account as at 31 May 2018.
Proposed by Cllr Birchall to transfer money to raise to £10,000 the savings account with further interest to be credited to the current account. Seconded by Cllr Kent and resolved.
b) Payments made since the last meeting
c) Payments to be made at this meeting
Clerk salary £177.29 Cheque no.000835
Clerk expenses £80.10 Cheque no. 000856
S Wrigglesworth £278.00 Cheque no. 000857.
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation
e) Payments received since the last meeting
f) Council to resolve whether or not to accept report and payments; chairman to initial bank sheets & invoices. Done.
g) Year end accounts internal audit. Clerk reported the ongoing situation. Action, clerk to check for list of assets and to check with YLCA regarding public liability for assets.
180608. Exemption from external audit
Application has been sent to the external auditor. .
1. Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received
i. Application for consent to clean out crown removing any dead or defective crossing or rubbing branches and thin crown by approximately 25-30% to 1 no Horse Chestnut covered by TPO 13/2006, The Owl House Green Lane Stutton. 2018/0572/TPO – no observations.
ii. Application for consent to fell and remove 1no Silver Birch tree covered by TPO 1/2007 Bramble House, Weedling Gate Stutton. 2018/0591/TPO – no observations.
iii. Reserved matters application relating to access, appearance, landscaping, layout and scale of approval 2015/0271/OUT for erection of a single dwelling 15 Mill Lane Stutton. 2018/0354/REM now decided -see decisions made below.
Action – clerk to send a firm note regarding the decision being made before the council had the opportunity to comment on the plans. Observations include: removal of ancient hedgerow, flooding problems, extension of curtilage, would the facing fit in with neighbouring developments? Resolved that a letter be sent to our district councillors.
2. Decisions made
i. 15 Mill Lane Stutton, application for the approval of reserved matters relating to access, appearance, landscaping, layout – Granted.
ii. Wild Briar – application for proposed erection of single storey extension to rear elevation – Granted.
180610. Update on action points from last meeting
- complete the audit and circulate the documents for agreement – ongoing
- to contact Pauline Hogg for further details and a progress report. – ongoing
- to request correct planning application from SDC- see above
- to contact Richard Champion re the changes to the phone box – MOPs have painted the box. Mr Champion has requested some black paint, Cllr Kent offered some supplies. Resolved that expenses for materials should be reimbursed. Cllr Spurrier circulated a photo of a heritage phone box. Action clerk to contact Emily Tudball re seeking ideas for the use of the box via the village newsletter.
- to find out the contact details for hedge cutting – Beechtree crossroads. It has been cut already
- to contact the applicant for parish councillor – done.
- Cllr Spurrier to check for existence of the map to show where the grass cutting needs to be done and check for tender documents.
180611 Grass Cutting
Action – clerk to contact Keith Tillett with the details and map supplied by Cllr Spurrier. Areas to include:
- twice a year underpass path, Garnet Lane
- from March through to September on a monthly basis Stutton Road, Weedling Gate, Old London Road, Fanny Lane, verges on Manor Road and Green Lane
- once a year 2 metre cut to remove nettles, etc. on Fanny Lane
- take off Stutton Village Hall surroundings
- full cut if possible before the village fete on 23/6.
180612. Quarry application
Response from solicitor – update from clerk – the solicitor is putting together a list of relevant planning regulations on which to base objections and also a covering note for the council to use. He had contacted NYCC planning and been informed that no decisions were likely to be made due to a vacant position. The council resolved to discuss the findings of the solicitor after receiving the information.
180613. Review of standing orders
Cllr Kent and Cllr Birchall. The amendments were discussed by the council. Action Cllr Kent and clerk to meet after GDPR training has occurred. Action – all councillors to comment on proposed amendments by the first week of July.
180614. Freedom of village and memorial bench/garden
The plaque has now been ordered. The memorial garden – stone of 4×2 feet, faced and with an inscription. To be erected in a corner of the village hall gardens. Estimated cost less than £200 + delivery and positioning . The council resolved to authorise the payment, proposed by Cllr Spurrier and seconded by Cllr Kent
180615. Correspondence received
180616. Action taken since the last meeting under the clerk’s delegated powers
See action points listed above.
180617. Village Hall
Report: From Cllr Heard re village Hall matters – As Cllr Heard was not present, he reported by email that the duck race is still happening. We now have our own ducks. He has produced some tickets and a book for writing down the names contact details and duck numbers.
180618. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference
b) Items for the next agenda – ideas on usage for telephone box.
180619. Further comments from the public
No MOPs present.
180620. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting – 12/7/18.
180621. Closure of Part 1 of the council meeting at 9.30pm.
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting
Signed. Gill Kitchen clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council 06/06/2018