Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on 13th June 2019 at 19:30 in the Stutton Village Hall .
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the council is in session.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr P Spurrier (Vice Chairman), Cllr C Heard, Cllr S Wrigglesworth, Cllr K Grayson, Cllr A Lee.
Clerk/RFO: Mrs G Kitchen
Apologies: none received from councillors.
One member of the public in attendance.
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 07796 544404
Chairman welcomed councillors and visitors to the meeting; reminded visitors when comments may be made and that the public must not interrupt whilst the meeting is in progress.
190602. Co-option of new councillor and delivery of necessary form – Kathryn Grayson was- proposed by Cllr Wrigglesworth and seconded by Cllr Spurrier to be co-opted onto the council. Cllr Birchall welcomed Cllr Grayson to the council.
190603. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the room for the relevant item(s) – none declared.
190604. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors – no comments made.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons — none received.
190606. Minutes of previous meeting
- Councillors discussed and resolved to accept the 9 May minutes as an accurate record of the meeting.
- Chairman signed the minutes as accepted.
190607. To receive reports from:
- Chairman – activities since the previous meeting
- NY County Councillor –
- SD Councillor –
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. apologies from PCSO Todd
- Progress reports – to give updates on on-going projects – see action points below.
190608. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 24/05/19 –
Current account £10401.31
Investment account £10014.41
CIL £491.25. The clerk reported that CIL money cannot now be spent until the next report in October.
The clerk reported that the VAT reclaim has been submitted for f/y 18/19 and that there was no VAT paid in f/y 17/18.
b) Payments made since last meeting
c) Payments made at this meeting
A64 Loohire £154.80 cheque no. 000912 – – discussed and resolved to pay this cost
G. Kitchen June Salary £193.37 cheque no.000913
HMRC £159.80 cheque no. 000914
d) Internal Audit update from clerk – this was scheduled for Tuesday 18 June.
e) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation
f) Council resolved to accept report and payments; chairman initialled bank sheets & invoices.
Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received .
2019/0490/HPA 25 Church Crescent, Stutton, Tadcaster. Proposed demolition of existing single storey rear building and conservatory and replacement with 2 storey and single storey rear extensions. As discussed at earlier meetings, the council discussed the application via email and had no observations to make.
2019/0505/HPA Wingate Hill Farm, Wingate Hill, Stutton. Proposed single storey extension with zinc roof following demolition of existing conservatory. The parish council had no observations to make.
Decisions – 2019/0134/FUL Proposed demolition of existing bungalow and construction of 3no. new build dwellings at Cranton, Church Crescent, Stutton – Refused
Letter to Janet Waggott – awaiting a response.
1906010. Update on action points from last meeting
- wildflowers – – a representative from Highways has confirmed that this was done by an overzealous contractor and will erect 2 signs to prevent this happening again.
- underpass – still ongoing. Following receipt of a new electricity account and a demand for payment of outstanding accounts, Clerk to remind the authorities that the accounts were based on an incorrect MPAN and payment would be made as soon as the invoices were corrected.
- asset register; review of policies and procedures.- discussed and resolved to add the village hall as a nil value asset. Clerk to amend the register and circulate a tidy copy. Oustanding documents to be approved at the next meeting.
- VAT reclaim – done and awaiting payment.
- Christmas tree – ongoing.
- budget, – action clerk to circulate revised version
- Litter Bins – action clerk to order – discussed and resolved to ask Cllr Wrigglesworth to install.
- Grit bins – action clerk to order replacement for Calcaria House.
- Mail collections – no response from Royal Mail.
- telephone box – ongoing. Discussed and resolved to pay for shelving, Action Cllr Spurrier to contact MOP who has volunteered.
- Parish notice board – ongoing.
- Bus services – general discussion but due to the absence of Cllr Mackay, no resolutions were made. Cllr Lee to refer to Cllr Mackay.
- Request for payment of LooHire by SSC- discussed and resolved to pay the costs as a PC contribution towards the Parish Summer Fete.
- Brant Lane – action clerk to contact Cllr Mackay for progress report. Action clerk to contact Sharon Fox at Highways to establish ownership of Brant Lane.
- Signage; – Action Cllr Lee to chase up with Cllr Sweeting.
- Mill Lane parking — reported that a car had been burned in this site. Resolved to include this in the email to Cllr Mackay.
190611. Correspondence received.
Resolutions for debate at the YLCA joint annual conference- support for the proposed 10% of the electorate needed for an election and proposed to question why parish councils have to pay for an election.
Civic Voice request – discussed about the request’s inadequate time scale.
White Rose Update – has been circulated by the clerk.
190612. Affordable Housing
The clerk had circulated the letter and survey received from Lily McQuade. Discussions around the paperwork. Concerns raised whether it was appropriate to be specific to Stutton Village. Discussed whether the option to anonymise the form would devalue those submissions. Resolved to request that the letter refer to the parish of Stutton as opposed to the village. Resolved to request the above changes. Agreed to request the survey and letter be mailed out by Selby,
190613. Action taken since the last meeting under the clerk’s delegated powers
See action points listed above.
190614. Village Hall
Report: From Cllr Heard re village Hall matters – costings are being investigated for lighting, handrails and paving. The table tennis group has been unsuccessful and numbers have dwindled for the Knit and natter group.
190615. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference
b) Items for the next agenda – none raised
190616. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present – The MOP has passed on a message regarding grass cutting outside the bungalows. The residents are concerned that the grass hasn’t been cut. It was resolved to contact SDC to request action on behalf of the residents.
The MOP also queried whether letters from the PC are publicly available.
Grass cutting on Garnett Lane – agreed to cut twice a year.
190617. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting – 11/7/19. Advance apologies from Cllr Spurrier.
190618. Closure of Part 1 of the council meeting 21.10
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting – no part 2.
Signed. Gill Kitchen clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council 09/05/2019