Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council
Date: Thursday, 18th June 2015 at Time: 7.30pm Venue: Stutton Village Hall.
Attendees: Cllr. Tango Fawcett (Chair), Cllr. David Birchall (Vice Chair), Cllr. Heard, County Cllr. Metcalfe, Cllr. Wrigglesworth, District Cllr. Don Mackay, Howard Fothergill (Outgoing Clerk), Lisa Powell (Incoming Clerk).
Members of the Public in Attendance who provided their full names: Keith Tillett, Paul Spurrier, Louise Thompson, Dr. Lewis, Rachel Rose, Graham Thompson.
PART I – Ordinary Meeting Minutes
Opening Formalities – Non Council members were asked if there was anything they would like to say prior to the meeting starting. Graham Thompson advised that he intended to apply to become a Parish Councillor. Mr Thompson was advised to visit the Parish Council website to submit his application.
1.0 Apologies – None
2.0 Declaration of Interests – None
3.0 New Clerk – TF introduced Lisa Powell who has been appointed as the new Clerk.
4.0 Minutes – The minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council meeting held 14th May 2015 having been read were agreed as a true record, and it was resolved that the receipts and payments as recorded under the minutes, were accepted.
5.0 Progress Reports – None
6.0 Village Hall and Grounds – Guttering leaking and drains blocked. Notified Sam Smiths of drains issue. Clerk to chase up Sam Smiths re guttering issues. LP
7.1 Payment of Accounts, Bank Statements and Invoices – Chairman initialled all bank statements and invoices as follows: • 000749 – Clerk Salary May 15 – £138.67 • 000759 – Mawers Grass Cut (May re-issue) – £210.00 • 000751 – C. Heard Web Fee re-issue – £107.22 • 000752 – Mawers Grass cut June 2015 – £190.00
7.2 Annual Audit – TF read through Annual Audit of Accounts for the year ending 31st March 2015. The document will be made available on the website. All attendees agreed it was accurate and the Audit was signed off by the Chair.
7.3 Cheques – Cheques were signed as follows • Final cheque for HF. • Website fee for CH. • Cheques for KT for mowers. See Item 7.1 for further details.
7.4 Invoice Review –
Cemetery Fees – agreed not to pay this charge at the previous meeting due to the small numbers benefitting from the arrangement. Tadcaster Town Council (TTC) has asked for a meeting to discuss this decision. TTC advised that last year 19 people were buried. TF to arrange a meeting to discuss.
Street light at Ash Tree Walk – Having spent two days looking for it and speaking to NPower on numerous occasions, the Parish Council still cannot identify the street light we have been paying NPower for since 2010. Some of the street lights identified belong to North Yorkshire Highways and others belong to Tadcaster. The Parish has received a disconnection notice which comes with penalties and charges. TF to call the number on the disconnection notice and continue discussions with NPower. All street lights identified are signed as TTC. TF to request refund of charges and discuss this with TTC when they meet. TF
8.0 Planning – The Planning Application for a two storey front and side extension at The Granary, Chantry Lane, Hazlewood has been granted. Selby District Council Reference Number 2015/0362/HPA.
9.0 Parish Council Website – Trying to work out who’s doing the backups of the website. Unable to get a definitive answer. Currently doing it ourselves. The reply form doesn’t work at the moment. Agreed to upgrade it. It was commented that 40% of people in attendance at the previous meeting held didn’t know we have a website. Previously we have put a flyer through everyone’s to advertise the site. It was agreed to put a notice behind the bar in the Hare & Hounds. CH/DB
10.0 Underpass Light – The Parish Council thanked Stuart Wrigglesworth for fixing the light in the underpass.
11.0 Affordable Housing – Discussions around this item has already been had at the meeting held with the Rural Housing Enabler and the Housing Association, Broadacres, prior to this meeting. Whilst the Parish Council recognise and understand why residents don’t want this, there is still need for Affordable Housing.
12.0 Bus Subsidy Reduction – A notice of the proposed changes to the bus service had been posted on the website along with details of a meeting that was held on Monday 15 June. Only Cllr Birchall and a Parish Counsellor from Ulleskelf attended. The proposals are to reduce the number of buses per day from 7 to 4 services a day at random times. At the meeting, the Bus Operators showed usage figures. The bus operators advised that the average loading of the last two buses of the day were 1-2, which is why North Yorkshire are proposing to discontinue the service. Consultation will run until mid-August. Feedback can be provided via the website or using the forms to be left in the Hare & Hounds by DB. Cllr Birchall advised that there is a sum of money provided to the Bus Operator to provide a service and if the proposals don’t suit the village they need to make other recommendations. Initial thoughts are that the proposals with have an adverse effect on those looking for employment and older people. Suggestions put forward include: • Buses at regular intervals • Rerouting 923 service. It was advised that we cannot ask Coastliner to do anything as they are a commercial service and there is no subsidy available to them. The Parish need to submit a formal reply. The forms will be placed in the Hare & Hounds for people to reply. Cllr Birchall to circulate his views via email. DB
13.0 Review of Standing Orders, Financial Regulations & Risk Assessments – To be undertaken at the next meeting. They are available to review on the website. Please can the Parish Cllrs review prior to the next meeting. http://www.stuttonpc.org.uk/parish-council/ accounts-standing-orders/ All
14.0 Correspondence –
TTC Newsletter was provided at the meeting.
Bus Service Consultation Notice -LP to place details on Village Notice Board and in the Pub.
15.0 Councillor’s Report and Items for Future Agendas – Question raised regarding how many residents email addresses we have and why don’t we collect them to try and improve attendance at consultation meetings. Graham Thompson offered to obtain email addresses of all residents.
16.0 Date of Next Meeting – Thursday 9th July at 7:30pm.
Future meetings – Every 2nd Thursday of the month. Agreed to move September meeting forward by one week to Thursday 3rd September.
17.0 Meeting Close – Meeting Formally Closed at 8:30pm.
1.0 Co-opting of Vacancy for one Parish Councillor and update of Bank Signatories – Three people have approached the Parish Council to become Cllrs. HF to advise on procedures for doing this. Add to the ‘Part II Agenda’ for the next meeting. Co-opted paperwork to be reviewed and completed. HF LP HF/LP
2.0 Pensions Regulator – Correspondence relating to the Pension Regulator needs to be responded to. LP to action and send a copy to Rachel Rose. LP
3.0 Storage of Documentation – HF to go through archived files and hand over for storage as necessary in the Village Hall loft space, or other area to be advised by Parish Council. HF/Parish Council
4.0 Meeting Closed – 8:45 pm