OFFICIAL NOTICE OF STUTTON CUM HAZLEWOOD PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
The Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council was held on Thursday 8 June 2023 at 19.30 .
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the Council is in session.
Present: Cllr Heard,Cllr P Spurrier (Vice Chairman) , Cllr Grayson, Mrs G Kitchen (clerk/RFO)
No members of the public present
Chairman welcomed councillors and visitors to the meeting; to remind visitors when comments may be made and that the public must not interrupt whilst the meeting is in progress. However, No members of the public present.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons. Apologies recieved from Cllrs Poskitt and Catt.
230603. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the meeting for the relevant item(s).None declared
230604. Minutes of previous meeting
Councillors to discuss and resolve whether to accept the 11 May minutes as an accurate record of the meeting.
Chairman to sign the minutes if accepted. The council resolved to accept the minutes as an accurate record and the Chairman signed as accepted.
230605. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors. No MOPs present.
230606. Administrative Matters
Request from Cllr Spurrier regarding replacement pads for the AED. Council resolved to replace the out of date pads. Cllr Spurrier to investigate costs of paediatric pads
Confirmation that MOP has been informed of the situation regarding the bird scarer.
Harmony Energy – response on meeting dates for Hannah Chapman and Frances Nicholson to speak to the Parish Council regarding the proposed BESS Development on land at Warren Wise Farm. Hannah has confirmed her attendance for the July meeting.
Darrington Quarries – correspondence regarding overspill on Moor Lane from lorries leaving Jackdaw Crag Quarry. Clerk has written to Darrington Quarries.
Old London Road Quarry – correspondence to Sam Till regarding extension date of Environmental Statement. Response received from Sam Till and passed to the Council. The Council resolved to check NY Planning in 2 weeks and potentially to organise a village meeting.
230607. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments – current account £15290.37
investment account 10061.86
Payments – clerk salary £208.33
230608. Audit – Chairman to sign request for exemption from external audit
Clerk to update council on current audit – meeting scheduled with internal auditor and clerk does not anticipate any issues.
Clerk to contact Keith to request invoice (now received).
230609. To receive reports from:
- County and District Councillors –
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc..
203610 – Planning
NY/2022/0198/73 – Jackdaw Quarry – Validated
Decisions – none at time of agenda preparation.
230611 – Matters ongoing
Underpass Lighting – ongoing
Speed Limits – see correspondence note below
Website Upgrade – Cllr Heard to pursue.
Clerk’s IT equipment – Cllr Heard to pursue
230612 –Correspondence received
Email from PC Nicholas Wood informing the Parish Council that The Police Traffic Bureau have agreed Weedling Gate is suitable for Community Speed Watch along with the relevant information and application form. Cllr Grayson to contact PC Wood to confirm the details.
Email from MOP informing the Parish Council that NYCC have been maintaining the footpath between Stutton & Tadcaster. Refers to Stutton Parish Council Contractor and NYCC’s Contractor turn up within days of each other last year. Clerk to respond to MOP, asking him to inform us if it occurs again this year.
230613. Village Hall Update – Cllr Spurrier gave an overview of the financials for VHC and Social Committee. Formal, grateful thanks to Mike Grayson for all his work – particularly on grants and funding. Tuesday night social is continuing to go from strength to strength. Good to see that MOPs are taking the opportunity to share and solve personal issues. The Coronation event was very successful and produced a profit, which will go to supporting the ongoing maintenance of the Village Hall. A local resident has offered a farm visit. BBQ organised for 24 June between 2pm and 5pm and on the 30 September a Race Night will be held. Events being considered include: movie nights, wine tasting, lifesaving workshops, pet first aid.
230614. Councillors’ Forum
a)To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from Councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference. Councillors to consider spending needed in the village.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from Councillors for inclusion on the next agenda. None identified,
230615 – Further comments from the public No MOPs present.
230616 – Date of next meeting 13 July 2023
230517 – Meeting closed 8.15pm
230618. Part 2 – no part 2 items