Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on 11 March 2021 at 19:30 via Zoom Video-conference
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the council is in session.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr P Spurrier, Cllr C Heard, Cllr E Catt, Cllr E Collins. Cllr D Mackay
Clerk/RFO: Mrs G Kitchen.
No members of the public were present.
Chairman welcomed councillors to the meeting.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons. No apologies received.
210323. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the meeting for the relevant item(s). None declared.
210324. Minutes of previous meeting
- Councillors to discuss and resolve whether or not to accept the 11 February minutes as an accurate record of the meeting.
- Clerk to sign the minutes on behalf of the Chairman as accepted.
210325. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors. No members of the public present.
210326. To receive reports from:
- County and District Councillors. – Cllr Mackay: Very little to report. The Summit Centre in Selby is now operating as a vaccination hub, whilst the public toilets have been closed due to the pandemic. Commented on the general slowness of response from SDC.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. – none present
210327. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 27 February 2021
Current account £11725.11
Investment account £10038.20
CIL balance £325.60
b) Payments made since last meeting
bi) G.Kitchen (printer ink) £19.99 cheque no 000981
bii) G Kitchen February salary £204.25 cheque no.000980
c) Payments to be made at this meeting
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation.
None at present, however clerk advised that there would be some due in the next few days.
e) Council to resolve whether or not to accept report and payments; RFO to initial bank sheets & invoices on behalf of the Chairman.Accepted as accurate.
Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received.
2021/0210/CPE Lawful development certificate for existing use of land as residential garden within the curtilage of Low Park Farm at Low Park Farm, Chantry Lane, Hazlewood.
No objections were raised.
Applications considered electronically since the last meeting:
2021/0083/HPA Erection of double storey side and rear extension at Green Hedges, Green Lane, Stutton, Tadcaster, LS24 9BW. No objections provided that the materials used conform to the Village Design Statement.
2021/0123/CCP Demolish existing conservatory to rear elevation and replace with single storey extension at 33 Church Crescent, Stutton, Tadcaster, LS24 9BJ. No objections provided that the materials used conform to the Village Design Statement.
2021/0123/CPP – certificate of lawful use or development, Demolish existing conservatory to rear elevation and replace with single storey extension at 33 Church Crescent, Stutton. Approved as permitted development.
Response from Chief Executive to council’s concerns regarding planning process:
The new system whereby immediate neighbours are no longer notified of planning applications will be re-considered in 6 months time and SDC have requested details of any specific examples. The council resolved to keep a log of such planning requests together with residents’ complaints. Cllr Collins queried whether an Equality Act Assessment had taken place.
210329. Matters ongoing since the last meeting
- Underpass – no lighting contract yet received from Northern Power. The drains are blocked leaving the underpass liable to flooding. NYCC have stated that the underpass is not their responsibility and to contact Highways England. In view of the urgency it was agreed to ask K Tillett to clear the drains.
- Church Lane footpath – Overhanging trees – NYCC have inspected this and reported that there are no problems. Council discussed the issue, remained concerned about some overhanging branches and resolved to request K Tillett to inspect.
- Speed limits – see February minutes, awaiting a speeding survey when traffic returns to normal.
- Road markings – being investigated by HIghways.
- Paradise Lane exit on to the A64 – Cllr Mackay reported that he has investigated this with Highways England and been informed that if funds become available then the situation will revisited.
- Old London Road footpath – Cock Beck Bridge – the footpaths officer from NYCC will investigate.
- Children and road safety – Cllr Heard has been exploring the possibility of a play area site at the Village Hall. There are various issues around this including siting of play equipment reducing flexibility of use and who would marshal the area. Resolved to keep the matter under review.
- Memorial Stone – clerk has written to the memorial providers to check wording for a bronze plaque. Clerk to contact Chris Morris to advise about the proposal.
- County Council Reorganisation – Cllr Mackay reported that a decision is expected from the Secretary of State concerning the option to be considered in approximately 6 weeks time. The council discussed the proposals.
- Website (accessibility regulations). Cllr Heard has attended a training course which has confirmed our actions. It does need to be revisited regularly. Clerk to ascertain how long documentation needs to be retained. It was also discussed as to whether a Facebook page for the parish might be appropriate but this was rejected. Cllr Heard to report back on his findings about possible new website providers.
- Telephone box = ongoing.
- Parish notice board – ongoing.
- Rural housing – still pending with SDC.
- Clerk’s IT equipment – ongoing.
210320. Correspondence received
- Letter from YLCA regarding Annual Parish Meeting – has to be held between March and June. Council resolved to timetable it immediately prior to the May meeting.
- Leeds East Airport – are proposing to extend operations and as a result need to consult on emergency proceedings if an aircraft needs to circulate – this is because aircraft will then fly over the village. Clerk to send response of no comment.
- Letter from resident regarding erection of a fence and gate by a neighbour – Clerk to respond and advise the resident to contact SDC regarding planning permissions regarding shared drives.
- Dog bins – The chairman thanked Cllr Spurrier for repairing the recently vandalised dog waste bin. The overflowing bins had been reported to SDC and subsequently cleared.
- Fly tipping – Cllr Catt has collected litter and other detritus tipped on Moor Lane. The council thanked Cllr Catt for her public spirited actions. SDC to be asked to collect the litter.
210321. Village Hall
Report from Cllr Heard re Village Hall matters. The kitchen is now installed and awaiting electrics to be connected. The VHC is now considering what uses the hall can have when lockdown is ended and when the hall should re-open. Meanwhile it may be needed as a polling station in May. Suggested that a piece be placed in the Stutton Standard regarding the need for new committee members.
210322. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from Councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from Councillors for inclusion on the next agenda.
Grass cutting contract – clerk to contact Keith Tillett.
210323. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present. No members of the public were present.
210324. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting. 8/04/21.
210325. Closure of Part 1 of the Council meeting
The meeting closed at 21.02.
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting.
No part 2 items.
Signed. Gill Kitchen, Clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council – 16/03/21