STUTTON CUM HAZLEWOOD PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on 12 March 2020 at 19:30 in the Stutton Village Hall.
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the council is in session.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr P Spurrier (Vice-Chairman) Cllr C Heard, Cllr K Grayson, Cllr D Mackay
Clerk/RFO: Mrs G Kitchen
Rural Housing Enabler: Matthew Brown
One member of the public was present.
The Chairman welcomed councillors and visitors to the meeting; reminded visitors when comments may be made and that the public must not interrupt whilst the meeting is in progress.
200302. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the room for the relevant item(s). None declared.
200303. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. None.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons .Apologies received from Cllr Sweeting.
200305. Minutes of previous meeting
Councillors to discuss and resolve whether or not to accept the 13 February minutes as an accurate record of the meeting. The Parish Council accepted the minutes as an accurate record. Chairman signed the minutes as accepted.
200306. To receive reports from:
- Chairman – activities since the previous meeting – see agenda items.
- NY County Councillor – Cllr Mackay reported that the blocked ditch on Weedling Gate had been cleared.
- SD Councillor – not present.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. Councillors noted crime figures which had been provided by police.
- Progress reports – to give updates on on-going projects – see action points below.
- Presentation from new Rural Housing Enabler. The council welcomed Matthew Brown to the meeting and thanked him for attending. The officer circulated his report and presentation. 14 responses had been received following the enquiry suggesting that there were 3 households with housing need. General discussion then ensued. If the Parish Council gave its support, the next stage would be a walk round the parish to assess potential areas for development for affordable housing only. The walk round would be with SDC officers and members of the parish council. It was resolved for all councillors to study the report and determine a response to Matthew at the next meeting.
200307. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 27 February 2020
Current account £10,477.73
Investment account £11,262.60
CIL balance £325.60. There has been a change in the system for applying for funds. The funds are now available all year and items can be bought before application.
b) Payments made since last meeting
c) Payments to be made at this meeting
- G. Kitchen March Salary £193.37 cheque no.000939
- G.Kitchen reimbursement for postage £17.62 cheque no.000938
- Autela payroll £49.75 cheque no. 000937
- HMRC £145.00 cheque no. 000936.
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation
e) Council resolved to accept report and payments; chairman initialed bank sheets & invoices.
Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received .
Any updates on London Road Quarry. – report from Cllr Heard. Sam Till (NYCC) has reported that it will go before the planning committee at NYCC on 12 May 2020. Cllr Heard will be attending to represent the Parish Council. Clerk to inform Sam Till. It was resolved for all councillors to read the report when available from Sam Till, communicate via email and send comments to Cllr Heard in preparation for the meeting.
Decisions – 2020/0120/MAN2 – non material amendment of 2019/0342/HPA Placement of wrought iron gates and erection of sandstone wall to a lower height than the current hedge, 17 Weedling Gate. The amendment has been accepted as a minor amendment.
Discussion took place in the council regarding concerns over the decision particularly in regard to safety which appear to have been ignored by SDC planning.
200309. Update on action points from last meeting
- underpass – progress has been made, clerk to inform council of the results.
- grit bins – they have been filled, although the one on Malt Kiln Terrace needs a new hinge. Cllr Grayson is to use a local contact re a possible repair. Action clerk to thank Mr Wrigglesworth for his work in filling the boxes.
- 20MPH – ongoing. Cllr Spurrier reported that the whole of Bramham now has 20MPH limit. Action clerk to contact Bramham council to establish how this was achieved.
- Website (accessiblity regulations) – Cllr Birchall has circulated the Tadcaster Town Council version. Resolved after discussion, to use as a basis but with amendments appropriate to the needs of Stutton Parish. Cllr Heard to progress.
- Village Design Statement review- Cllr Spurrier has amended the statement and made some changes to the photographs. Cllr Spurrier to circulate to all council members for comments.
- telephone box- the representative is liaising with a local resident to fit the shelving.
- Parish notice board- action Cllr Grayson to investigate.
- bus services – Cllr Birchall has completed the application to NYCC and its receipt has been acknowledged.
- Brant Lane – ongoing.
200310. Correspondence received.
emails circulated to councillors.
Discussion of Remembrance bench offer – resolved not to progress.
200311. Action taken since the last meeting under the clerk’s delegated powers
See action points listed above.
200312. Village Hall
Report: From Cllr Heard re village Hall matters – no formal meetings have taken place since the last council meeting.
200313. Councillors’ Forum
a} To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
The issue of Coronavirus was discussed. Various options were discussed, including the availability of click and collect of groceries from Sainsbury’s, using volunteer drivers. Suggested that a message go out on “BeAWare” requesting volunteers to provide support.
The Parish Council thanked Cllr Mackay for his hard work and involvement in the recent parish clean up.
b) Items for the next agenda
To take any points from councillors for inclusion on the next agenda.
Council to consider potential requests from Cllr Mackay’s budget.
200314. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present.
The MOP discussed her perspective of the meeting.
200315. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting – Thursday 2nd April.
200316. Closure of Part 1 of the council meeting
The meeting closed at 21.00.
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting
200317 Parish Councillor vacancy
The council proposed to ask Elaine Catt as a coopted member . Action clerk to invite Elaine to be a councillor.
Signed. Gill Kitchen clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council 07/03/2020