Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on 14th March 2019 at 19:30 in the Stutton Village Hall.
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the council is in session.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr P Spurrier (Vice Chairman), Cllr C Heard, Cllr D Kent, Cllr C Metcalfe and Cllr D Mackay.
Clerk/RFO: Mrs G Kitchen
Apologies: Cllr Sweeting, Lily McQuade
One member of the public in attendance.
Chairman welcomed councillors and visitor to the meeting; reminded visitor when comments may be made and that the public must not interrupt whilst the meeting is in progress.
190302. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. None declared.
190303. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors. No comments.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons. All parish councillors present.
190305.Minutes of previous meeting
Councillors resolved to accept the 14 February minutes as an accurate record of the meeting. Chairman signed the minutes as accepted.
190306. To receive reports from:
- Chairman – activities since the previous meeting – please see later minuted items.
- NY County Councillor- Reported that NYCC have requested more detail as to who owns Brant Lane. It was resolved that the clerk should obtain a detailed footpath map to assist in this.. There was nothing further to report regarding bus services.
- SD Councillor. SDC have agreed to purchase new refuse wagons. SDC will be reviewing the recycling process with three options:
– keep the same service;
– two weekly pick up of comingled recycling in one wheelie bin; or
– four bins one for each class of waste.
The preferred option being to replace all boxes with one wheelie bin for co-mingled recyclable waste. The consultation will begin after May 19.
Cllr Metcalfe circulated a Planning Enforcement Management Plan which contains a very clear set of priorities for action regarding planning. There was a discussion around whether it was possible to match up the list of planning applications with that of enforcement actions.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. – Lily McQuade Rural Housing Enabler – none present. Action: clerk to invite both Police and Ms Mcquade to the next meeting.
- Progress reports – to give updates on on-going projects – see action points below.
190307. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances as at 28/02/19 –
- Current account: £8176.46
- Investment account £10004.55
- CIL £491.25.
b) Payments made since last meeting –
c) Payments made at this meeting –
- Clerk’s Salary £193.37 cheque no. 000898
- HMRC – PAYE £145.00 cheque no. 000899
- (YLCA – clerk training £115.00 cheque no. 000897 – cancelled as training was fully booked)
- YLCA – clerk training £115.00 cheque no. 000900 – training re-booked
- see also payment under Minute 190313 below.
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation –
e) Payments received since the last meeting
f) Council resolved to accept report and payments; chairman initialled bank sheets & invoices.
a) Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received –
2019/0134/FUL Proposed demolition of existing bungalow and construction of 3no. new -build dwellings, Cranton, Church Crescent, Stutton. Observations of the council were: this will add a further access point on Weedling Gate to what is already a busy junction; 3 double height properties – appearance is in conflict with neighbouring properties; density of properties on the site is too high; not in keeping with the Village Design Statement.
Reported that requests for time extensions are not looked at favourably because of the time limit. Cllr Metcalfe confirmed that if an application for an extension has been granted, then SDC should wait for these comments to arrive. Suggestion was made that a formal letter be sent to the Head Of Planning, to express concern about the timescales and extensions. Action: clerk to write and copy in SDC councillor.
Discussed whether applications could be discussed via email if an extra meeting couldn’t be arranged. Resolved to amend the standing orders to reflect the change.
2019/0187/DOC – Discharge of conditions 04,05,06 The Hawthorns, Church Lane, Stutton. Observations that the soakaways are allowing flooding on to neighbouring land – reported by MOP.
b) Decisions – none received.
190309. Update on action points from last meeting
- wildflowers – see email circulated – noticeboard is on order.
- underpass – clerk has contacted the electrician who installed the lights, 4×20 wattage. Action: clerk to complete the form.
- Register of assets – ongoing.
- VAT reclaim – awaiting Government Gateway password details.
- Christmas tree – ongoing.
- budget- draft budget circulated by clerk. Comments noted and clerk to amend.
- litter bins – response from Towton circulated by clerk. Action clerk to contact Towton for permission to install a litter bin in the layby over the bridge over Cock Beck.
- telephone box – resolved to install a notice board. Action: Chairman to contact the volunteers.
- grit bins – now resolved.
- Parish notice board – Cllr Wrigglesworth.
- Web-counter for website. – Cllr Heard reported on his actions. He has assessed the website and has installed a web counter. This records anonymously the number of times the page is opened. Also has added a website backup facility.
190310. Review of Standing orders
Report from Cllr Kent. The council discussed how the council is at the discovery phase of GDPR. Extensive report from Cllr Kent, much of which will be posted on the website.
Cllr Spurrier agreed to take on the role of second reader. The Parish Council thanked Cllr Kent for his hard work.
Action: all councillors to read the documents provided. Action: clerk to insert a footer on emails showing the link to GDPR on the website.
190311. Correspondence received.
- Request for a meeting with the parish council regarding community mapping (see earlier email) – resolved to not pursue.
- Email from Lily McQuade regarding affordable housing, confirming her attendance at February meeting.(re-booked) – apologies received so action: Clerk to re-invite.
- Request from Village Hall Committee for funds to fit-out the shed (£600 previously agreed) and notification of changes to rent timetable. No problems raised.
- Update on Jackdaw Quarry – email circulated from MOP. it was reported that no work is being carried out.
- Update on littering in Mill Lane.
- Update on election procedures – see information circulated earlier – covered in Part 2.
190312. Action taken since the last meeting under the clerk’s delegated powers
- Commencement of VAT reclaim process.
- see action points listed above.
190313. Village Hall
Report: From Cllr Wrigglesworth. Agreed to pay the £600 cheque no. 000901 as requested, plus the installation of the telephone line. Action: clerk to inform the VHC.
190314. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from councillors –
Parking on the corner of Weedling Gate still an ongoing issue. Action: clerk to report to police.
b) Items for the next agenda
190315. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present –
MOP was concerned that because of a clerical error the planning application for Cranton on Church Crescent had been considered in the absence of the normal paperwork. However all councillors were familiar with the application having studied the plans on line prior to the meeting and the alternative of deferring consideration to a later emergency meeting was not possible as any comments made would have been out of time and therefore invalid.
190316. Date, time and place of next meeting
11 April 2019.
190317. Closure of Part 1 of the council meeting at 2125.
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting
Discussion regarding elections. Information is on the website. Nominations must be handed in at SDC Offices by 3/4/19.
The meeting closed at 2130.
Signed. Gill Kitchen clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council 22/03/2019