MINUTES OF STUTTON CUM HAZLEWOOD PARISH COUNCIL MEETING held on Thursday 10th May 2018 at 19:30 in the Stutton Village Hall.
Acting Chairman: Cllr Mr D Birchall
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen. 6 Wood Lane, Thorpe Willoughby, Selby, YO8 9PT
Telephone: 01757 703664. Email Clerkstuttonpc@gmail.com
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Acting Chair),Cllr C Heard,Cllr P Spurrier, Cllr D Kent, Cllr Metcalfe, Cllr Mackay.
Clerk – G.Kitchen;
1 member of the public
Apologies: There were no apologies
All present signed the attendance book
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the council is in session.
- Any elector (listener) or member of the press is entitled to attend this meeting and raise any concerns or questions they may have with the Parish Council. These concerns and questions must be written, either by letter or e-mail, and received by the Clerk 5 days before the meeting.
- Listeners’ comments will be taken at agenda item 180503
- Comments on agenda items will be taken first with a time restriction of 15 minutes’ maximum.
- Listeners may also comment on the meeting at agenda item 180515. This is for information only.
- Decisions cannot be made at this meeting on items not on the agenda.
- Councillors and visitors to sign the attendance book.
- The Acting Chairman welcomed councillors and visitors to the meeting; and reminded visitors when comments may be made and that the public must not interrupt whilst the meeting is in progress.
- Election of Chairman for 2018-2019. Cllr Birchall was nominated by Cllrs Spurrier, Kent and Heard. It was resolved that Cllr Birchall be elected as Chairman.
- Vice-Chairman – Council to resolve whether or not to elect a Vice-Chairman. The Council resolved to elect a Vice-Chairman for the year. Cllr Spurrier nominated Cllr Kent, Cllrs Kent and Birchall nominated Cllr Spurrier. It was resolved to be Cllr Spurrier.
180502. Declarations of interest
There were no declarations of interest declared.
180503. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors’ present For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors.
Member of public requested an update on the affordable housing scheme. The clerk had circulated the email as requested and Cllr Metcalfe reported on the discussion of the sites. See also agenda item 18509.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons – There were no apologies.
180505. Minutes of previous meeting
- Councillors discussed and resolved to accept the 12th April and 25th April minutes as an accurate record of the meetings.
- The Chairman signed the minutes as a true record of both meetings.
180506. To receive reports from
- Chairman – activities since the previous meeting – none as all in the agenda
- NY County Councillor – reported on the potholes and blocked drains
- SD Councillor – reported that planning decisions do take into account the observations of the parish council. He has met with the head of planning and requested that he meets the parish council, unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. Cllr Metcalfe reported that the head of planning has agreed to investigate the possibility of supplying additional information to the parish council. Cllr Mackay reiterated this as being his own experience in other towns and villages. There was further discussion of this issue in the action points from the last meeting – cf:180509.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. The clerk reported that there had been no further information – action clerk to contact Liz Hartley for an update on the figures.
- Progress reports – to give updates on on-going projects – wildflowers at Jackdaw Crag. Action clerk to contact Pauline Hogg for further details and a progress report.
180507. RFO’s report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting)
£13,717.89 Statement 27 March to 27 April 2017.
£2,093.32 Business account as at 31 March 2017.
b) Payments made since last meeting
c) Payments to be made at this meeting
i. Clerk’s Salary £177.49 Cheque no.000830
ii. YLCA Annual Membership £301.00 Cheque no.000831
iii. Autela Payroll fees £48.72 Cheque no. 000832
iv. Glasdon UK Ltd (dog poo bins) £628.50 Cheque no. 000833
v. Stutton Village Hall rent charge £250.00 Cheque no. 000834
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation
e) Payments received since the last meeting
1st instalment of precept £4376.20
f) Council to resolve whether or not to accept report and payments; chairman to initial bank sheets & invoices. Due to ongoing difficulties, the clerk was unable to provide these. Bank details are now up to date, and this will be done for the next meeting.
g) Year end accounts internal audit. Discuss and resolve to accept the Annual Governance Statement for 2017/18. The clerk reported on the situation, which is that she has met with the internal auditor but is not yet able to balance the financials. The council agreed that the statements could be circulated by email and for the chair to sign them when ready, this will be done before the deadline for the external auditors of 11 June 2018.
1. Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received
Reserved matters application relating to access, appearance, landscaping, layout and scale of approval 2015/0271/OUT for erection of a single dwelling at 15 Mill Lane Stutton, Tadcaster – unfortunately the details sent by the council were for the wrong property. Clerk to contact the SDC to obtain the correct details and it will have to be considered at the next meeting.
2. Decisions received: Council to receive any decisions from SDC/NYCC.
2018/0181/HPA Retrospective application for erection of 2 ham radio antennae – GRANTED
3. Update on planning issues: There were no updates.
180509. Update on action points from last meeting
- To contact Palbinder at SDC to establish why observations had been removed – the explanation from Selby was that the observations had been accidentally transferred to another planning application and had now been reinstated. The council discussed concerns regarding planning efficiency and Cllr Metcalfe reported on the current situation.
- Tocontact the relevant department at SDC/Highways re. The blocked drains at Weedling Gate – done but no response as yet. Cllr Mackay reported that it was on the list for repair.
- To contact Highways department regarding the damaged fence on Mill Lane – done but no response as yet, action clerk to chase.
- To liaise with Cllr Kent on the removal of the filing cabinet – this has now been done.
- To purchase of 5 dog poo bins as previously discussed and inform SDC of positions of bins for collection. The bins have been purchased and Mr Wrigglesworth has collected them for installation. action Cllr Spurrier to establish the positions of where they are installed.
- To pursue the payment for the underpass and to arrange clearance of gullies – ongoing, Action clerk to pursue further.
- To circulate the email regarding additional sites consultation – no sites exist within the village itself. Cllr Metcalfe reported that the consultation period has now ended, and the situation is now being reviewed
- To contact YorVenture for additional information to pass on to the VH committee – action clerk to take forward to next meeting.
- To contact the planning consultants for costings for specific advice – done and the council has resolved to engage the planning consultant. The council resolved to allow the clerk to sign the authority on behalf of the council as part of the delegated responsibilities.
- To contact Ian Fielding to demand a stop to the practice of dropping children at the unsafe site – resolved.
- To contact Richard Champion re the changes to the phone box- action clerk to take forward to next meeting.
- To contact the brewery regarding chaining of car park. The clerk has received a reply to her letter and Cllr Heard volunteered to respond to the letter. The council resolved to circulate the letter to the VH committee.
- To check for the existence of a job description for parish councillor – Cllr Kent provided a job description for both a councillor and parish clerk.
Cllr Spurrier 20 is plenty. Reported that he met with reps from Barkston Ash and is obtaining prices for signage.
Cllr Spurrier – Freedom of the village. Looking for engravers, suggestion made that he contact local undertakers who will likely have contacts.
Cllr Birchall to request statements from Nat West – these have now been received.
Cllr Birchall to place an advertisement for the PC vacancy on the village website. See part 2.
180510. meetings for 2017/2018 – the normal default is 2nd Thursday in the month, The council resolved that there should be no meeting in August, and to bring forward the September meeting to 1st Thursday.
180511 correspondence received
Confirmation received from Mr Wrigglesworth regarding costs for installation of dog poo bins.
Application for Parish Councillor – see part 2 item.
180512. Action taken since the last meeting under the clerk’s delegated powers
See action points listed above.
180513. Village Hall
- Report: From Cllr Heard re village Hall matters – he has been asked if it is possible to install steps/ramp in the embankment outside the VH. Various options were discussed, the council resolved to ask Cllr Heard to request a whole plan rather than for the proposal . Cllr Heard to check availability of ducks for the duck race. The VH has expressed disappointment at our offer of £600 contribution for the storage facility. Cllr reported that the VH has its own website and that there is now no need to store any of their documents on the parish council website.
- The VH is looking into installation of a rail. The apple tree is scheduled for felling.
- Cllr Birchall has requested more publicity regarding village events.
180514. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
GDPR – clerk reported back.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from councillors for inclusion on the next agenda:
Field at Beechtree crossroads, the hedge is too high – Action clerk to find out the contact details.
Suggestions regarding a memorial bench/garden were made and action to discuss at the next meeting.
Review of the standing orders.
180515. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present.
Grass cutting – Cllr Spurrier to check for existence of the map to show where the grass cutting needs to be done and check for tender documents. The council resolved to action this before the situation became untenable.
180516. Date, time and place of next meeting – 14th June
The council resolved to hold the next parish council meeting on 14th June 2018.
180517. Closure of Part 1 of the council meeting at 9.00pm.
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting.
- Council considered action to be taken concerning councillor vacancy.
- Council reviewed the Clerk’s remuneration.
Signed. Gill Kitchen clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council 02/05/2018