Minutes of the Annual Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Meeting held at 1900 hrs on May 12th 2016 at Stutton Village Hall
Members of the Parish Council present
Cllr Fawcett, Cllr Birchall, Cllr Heard, Cllr Spurrier, Cllr Wrigglesworth
Clerk S. Loaring
Members of the public – None present.
APM 1601 Apologies – None received.
APM 1602 – Chairman’s Report
Cllr Fawcett reviewed matters from this financial year. Items included:
1. At the meeting of the Parish Council held on 14 May 2015 Cllr Fawcett was elected as Chairman for the forthcoming year.
2. Cllr David Birchall was elected as Vice-chairman for the forthcoming year.
3. Stutton Parish Council no longer contributes to Tadcaster Cemetery fees due to the small number benefiting from this arrangement.
4. Street lighting – it was established that the Ash Tree Walk street light is under Highways durasdiction and therefore the PC should not be paying for it.
5. It has been established that the underpass is the responsibility of Highways and therefore any maintenance should be reported to Highways (they maintain the underpass but the path is not part of this arrangement).
6. Bus – there has been a reduction this year in the number of buses serving the Stutton community.
7. Mr Paul Spurrier co opted as a new Councillor.
8. Flooding continues to be an issue for some residents on Church Crescent.
9. Stutton Village Hall increased its hiring charges.
10. A new Clerk was appointed – Mrs S Loaring.
This meeting closed at 19.20hrs.