Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on Thursday 12 May 2022
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the Council is in session.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr P Spurrier (Vice-Chairman), Cllr E Catt County Cllr D Mackay, Clerk/RFO Mrs G.Kitchen
No members of the public were present.
Chairman welcomed councillors and visitors to the meeting; reminded visitors when comments may be made and that the public must not interrupt whilst the meeting is in progress.
- Noted that Cllrs Catt, Heard and Spurrier have been re-elected for the period 2022/27. Elected councillors to sign Declaration of Acceptance of Office.
- It was noted that Selby District Council has authorised Cllr D Mackay to act as a member of this Parish Council if necessary to ensure a quorum for this meeting only.
- Election of Chairman for the year 2022/23. Elected Chairman to sign Declaration of Acceptance of Office. Cllr Heard nominated by Cllr Spurrier and seconded by Cllr Catt
- Election of Vice-Chairman for the year 2022/23. Proposed by Cllr Catt and seconded by Cllr Mackay for Cllr Spurrier to be re-elected as vice chairman
- Election of 2 councillors as YLCA representatives. Cllr Mackay volunteered to be one of these representatives
- To resolve to permit any councillor who is unable to sign their Declaration of Acceptance of Office at this meeting, or who has not undertaken this task before this meeting, to sign their Declaration before or at the next ordinary meeting of the Council.
- Former councillor Kathryn Grayson has agreed to return as a councillor. Cllr D Mackay has also agreed to be a parish councillor subject to his eligibility being confirmed.
Cllr Spurrier thanked Cllr Birchall for all his sterling work on the council and for the village
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; apologies received from Cllrs Grayson and Heard. The council resolved to accept the reasons.
220504. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the meeting for the relevant item(s).None declared
220505. Minutes of previous meeting
- 1.Councillors to discuss and resolve whether or not to accept the 14 April minutes as an accurate record of the meeting.
- 2.Chairman to sign the minutes if accepted.
The council resolved to accept the minutes and Cllr Spurrier signed them as an accurate record of the meeting.
220506. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors. No members of the public were present,
220507. Administrative Matters
- To co-opt up to two additional councillors for the period 2022/27.Cllr Mackay and Kathryn Grayson to be co-opted to the council (subject to authorisation)
- Delivery by the Chairman and Councillors of Acceptance of Office Forms.
- Review of Standing Orders. Last done approx 3 years ago. Suggested that these be allocated at the next meeting.
- Review of Financial Regulations.
- Review of the Asset Register.
- Confirmation of arrangements for insurance cover.
- Review of subscriptions to other bodies.
- Adoption of budget for 2022/23. To be carried forward to the next meeting when all councillors present
- Review of the Code of Conduct.
- 10. Review of the Risk Assessment.
- 11. Review of the Grievance Policy.
- 12. Review of the Disciplinary Policy.
- 13. Calendar of meetings for the year 2022/23. (Provisionally Thursdays 9 June, 14 July, 8 September, 13 October, 10 November, 8 December, 12 January, 9 February, 9 March, 13 April, and 11 May). Council resolved to accept these dates
- 14. To set a date for the 2022 Annual Parish Meeting. Resolved to be held on 11 May 2023
220508. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 27 April 2022:
Current account £ 8299.23
Investment account £10039.44
CIL balance £325.60
b) Payments made since last meeting
c) Payments to be made at this meeting
Clerk Salary £204.25 cheque no. 001049
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation.
Payments received £350 grant from Cllr Mackay
Forms completed to apply for a debit card.
e) Council resolved to accept report and payments; RFO to initial bank sheets & invoices on behalf of the Chairman.
220509. RFO’s Report on the Governance and Accounting Statements 2021/2122
a) To consider and resolve approval of the Annual Governance Statement 2021/22.
Chairman to sign if accepted. Not yet completed
b) To consider and resolve approval of the Accounting Statements 2021/22. Chairman to sign if accepted. Not yet completed
c) To discuss and resolve application for exemption from external audit. Chairman to sign if accepted.
220510. To receive reports from:
- County and District Councillors. Cllr Mackay has chased up the linking of the underpass lightling with Highways but the clerk has not heard anything from Highways. Cllr Mackay also reported that he will have a budget for grants from several sources for the next 12 months as well as the new county councillor’s budget
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. None present
Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received.
Section 73 application to vary condition 02 (approved plans) of approval 2020/1340/HPA demolition of conservatory and replacement single storey rear and 2 storey side extension with repositioning of garage and construction of a porch granted on 25 May 2021. Cherry Tree Cottage, Church Lane Stutton. Councillors discussed the application and resolved to have no observations on this.
Applications considered under the provisions of Standing Order 25b since the last meeting:
Decisions: None at time of agenda preparation
220512. Matters ongoing since the last meeting
- Underpass lighting – The clerk has contacted the energy supplier and has arranged a telephone meeting with the supplier for Friday 13 May
- Speed limits – – clerk has tried to contact the local Police Officer to establish progress but he is out of the office
- Website upgrade – ongoing
- Telephone box – ongoing
- Parish notice board – ongoing
- Rural housing – RHO is going ahead and will report back in due course
- Clerk’s IT equipment – ongoing
220513. Correspondence received
Email received from Tadcaster Town Council, concerns from a Stutton resident regarding overhanging trees on the path alongside the A64. The council noted that the trees are periodically cut back on an ad-hoc basis. Action clerk to contact Keith Tilletson to ask him to inspect the trees and cut back where necessary.
220514. Village Hall
Report from Cllr Spurrier re Village Hall matters. Cllr Spurrier reportedon the meeting on the 21 April. The damaged fence panels have been removed. A discussion has taken place on the best options for replacing the panels. Jubilee celebrations are being organised as a joint venture between the VHC and the SSC. Bookings are on the increase with some of the new families using the hall for parties. Funds are healthy.
220515. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from Councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from Councillors for inclusion on the next agenda.
Cllr Catt suggested that a discussion take place on “Tommy” statues.
220516. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present. None present
220517. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting. To be held on 9 June 7.30
220518. Closure of Part 1 of the Council meeting 20.49
Part 2 – no part 2
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting.