Minutes of the Annual Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Meeting held at 1900 hrs on 14th May 2015 at Stutton Village Hal
Members of the Parish Council Present:- Cllr Fawcett, Cllr Birchall, Cllr Wrigglesworth, Cllr Heard
Clerk – H Fothergill
Member of the public present: L.Powell
APM1501 APOLOGIES – There were no apologies.
APM1502 CHAIRMAN’S REPORT. Cllr Fawcett reviewed matters from this financial year.
- At the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council held on 8th May 2014 Cllr Fawcett was elected as Chairman for the forthcoming year.
- Council continue to contribute to cemetery charges to Tadcaster Town Council on behalf of the electorate.
- Parish Council obtained competitive quotes for annual insurance cost.
- Despite changes to allocation structure and grant system, Parish Council requested and received an increase in Precept funding (over an above that received last year) of only 3%. This was to cover increases due to inflation..
- Stutton Parish Council have appointed Rachel Aarons to manage the Village Hall, in the absence of a village hall committee, due to lack of interest/response by residents.
- Rural Housing Enabler (Selby District Council – SCD) advised Parish Council of requirement for Affordable Housing Survey, following approach by an agent on behalf of a local landowner. Rural Housing Enabler has now conducted Survey and advised of a need for affordable housing in the Parish. Rural Housing Enabler, Landowner and Housing Association scheduled to undertake several consultations with residents of Parish.
- Howard Fothergill resigned as Parish Clerk October 2014, continuing on an acting basis until a replacement can be found.
- Financial reports continue to be produced on an ‘Excel’ spreadsheet format.
- Parish Council commented on 7 Planning applications.
- St Aidan’s no longer operates as a village church, with proposals in place to sell the plot/building.
- Parish Council continues to attempt to ascertain responsibilities in relation to underpass and one street light in Woodlands Estate
The meeting closed at 1920 hrs.