Minutes of the Annual Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on Thursday 9 May at 19.30 in the Stutton Village Hall.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr P Spurrier (Vice – Chairman), Cllr S Wrigglesworth, Cllr R Sweeting, Cllr D Mackay, Cllr A Lee.
2 Members of the public.
Gill Kitchen – Clerk/RFO
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the council is in session.
Chairman welcomed councillors and visitors to the meeting; reminded visitors when comments may be made and that the public must not interrupt whilst the meeting is in progress.
190502. Elections and Administrative matters.
- Election of Chairman for the year 2019/20. Cllr Birchall was elected as Chairman following nomination by Cllr Spurrier and seconding by Cllr Wrigglesworth.
- Election of Vice-Chairman for the year 2019/20. Cllr Spurrier was elected as Vice-Chairman following nomination by Cllr Wrigglesworth and seconding by Cllr Birchall.
- Delivery by the Chairman and Councillors of Acceptance of Office Forms. The Chairman and other Councillors present delivered their acceptance of office forms.
- Review of Standing Orders and Financial Regulations. The standing orders had been thoroughly revised at the previous meeting and were confirmed for use in 2019/20.
- Confirmation of arrangements for insurance cover. The Parish Council is covered by Zurich Insurance.
- Review of subscriptions to other bodies. The current subscription os to YLCA.
- Arrangements for the review of other policies and procedures. The Council is GDPR compliant and other policies will be reviewed at a subsequent meeting.
- Calendar of meetings for the year 2019/20. Normal meetings will be held on Thursdays 13 June, 11 July, 5 September, 10 October, 14 November, 12 December, 9 January, 13 February, 12 March, 9 April and 14 May.
190503. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. None declared.
190504. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. No comments made.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons. An apology was accepted from Cllr Heard.
190506.Minutes of previous meeting
Councillors resolved to accept the 11 April minutes as an accurate record of the meeting. The Chairman signed the minutes.
190507. To receive reports from:
- NY County Councillor
- SD Councillors – Repairs to Brant Lane which were on hold are to be resumed as it is now confirmed to be a bridleway. Cllr Mackay will be meeting with the SDC. It was reported that the new council are passionate about representing local communities. Cllr Sweeting confirmed that his telephone number is available to the public. Cllr Lee was welcomed to the meeting as a new councillor and thanked the council for the invitation to the meeting.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. No reports from the police. Cllr Mackay had met with the local Chief of Police and expressed concerns regarding the opening hours/availability of the local police station. In view of a previous incident Cllr Sweeting suggested that the Village Hall might be alarmed.
- Progress reports – to give updates on on-going projects – see action points below.
190508. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances as at 26/04/19 –
Current account £6213.63
Investment account £10014.41
b) Payments made since last meeting
c) Payments made at this meeting
- Clerk’s Salary £252.96 cheque no. 000908
- Village Hall Committee £56.80 (installation of Wifi) cheque no. 000909
d) Internal Audit
e) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation
- Village Hall Committee £250.00 – for SSC events cheque no. 000910
- Autela £47.00 cheque no. 000907
- Clerk’s expenses £7.32 cheque no. 000906
f) Payments received
1st instalment of precept £4500.00
g) Council resolved to accept report and payments; chairman initialed bank sheets & invoices.
1. Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received – None received at time of agenda preparation.
2. Decisions – None received at time of agenda preparation.
1905010. Update on action points from last meeting
- wildflowers – now complete.
- underpass – awaiting revised bill.
- register of assets – draft circulated and being revised.
- VAT reclaim – ongoing.
- Christmas tree – ongoing.
- budget – ongoing.
- litter bins – resolved to cost and order one for Mill Lane.
- grit bins – resolved to replace one before winter 2019. Action clerk to cost replacement.
- mail collections – clerk to write to Royal Mail expressing concerns over the change to collection times.
- telephone box – Cllr Birchall has requested a notice board from the volunteers. Cllr Spurrier reported that requests have been made to use the telephone box as a book exchange for support from the Parish Council. Concerns raised regarding control and management of the turnround but a volunteer has offered to do this. The Parish Council agreed to support the costs of shelving. Cllr Spurrier to find costs.
- Parish notice board – ongoing.
- bus services – Cllr Birchall has written to Mary Welsh at NYCC but as yet not received a reply.
- signage – discussion regarding signage prohibiting HGV usage of Brant Lane. Cllr Mackay would raise this with NYCC. It was reported that there is no sign for Fanny Lane . Cllr Sweeting agreed to raise this.
190511. Correspondence received.
Various emails from YLCA circulated to councillors plus email from Village Hall Committee.
190512. Action taken since the last meeting under the clerk’s delegated powers
See action points listed above.
190513. Village Hall
Report: From Cllr Wrigglesworth re Village Hall matters. The VHC is awaiting approval from the landlord for some changes including facilitating disabled access. Lighting has been raised as an issue and is being investigated.
190514. Councillors’ Forum
Cllr Birchall reported more parking in the passing places on Mill Lane which is causing increasing problems for road users. Cllr Mackay agreed to contact Glen Donaldson (HIghways) Canal Road, Selby to ask him to investigate further as serious concerns over road safety.
190515. Further comments from the public
Concern raised about inconsistencies in the action/inaction of the planning enforcement team. Suggestion made that the Parish Council write to Chief Executive of SDC (Janet Waggott), expressing these concerns. Agreed to write to Chief Executive (Action clerk) with the support of SD councillors – for example the breach of planning conditions at the Owl House concerning the tree which is subject to a TPO.
Concern also raised over partial removal of hedge at 17 Weedling Gate to widen the gateway with rubbish left on footpath impeding pedestrian access. Action clerk to write to the householder and forward to Cllr Spurrier for hand delivery.
190516. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting – 13/6/19
190517. Closure of Part 1 of the council meeting 20.50
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting.
Councillors discussed action to be taken concerning the vacancy on the Council.
Signed. Gill Kitchen clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council 23/05/2019