STUTTON CUM HAZLEWOOD PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on 12 November2020 at 19:30 via Zoom Video-conference
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the council is in session.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr P Spurrier, Cllr C Heard, Cllr E Catt, Cllr D Mackay
Clerk/RFO: Mrs G Kitchen
One member of the public.
The Chairman welcomed councillors and visitor to the meeting; reminded visitor when comments may be made and that the public must not interrupt whilst the meeting is in progress.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons. No apologies received.
201103. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the meeting for the relevant item(s). None declared.
201104. Minutes of previous meeting
Councillors to discuss and resolve whether or not to accept the 8 October minutes as an accurate record of the meeting. Chairman to sign the minutes if accepted.
The council resolved to accept the minutes and clerk to sign on behalf of the chairman.
201105. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors. No comments.
201106. To receive reports from:
- County and District Councillors.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc.
Cllr Mackay reported that the passing place signs on Mill Lane were in hand, the road markings are also in hand. Unoccupied housing is being investigated in Tadcaster. Cllr Spurrier confirmed that the passing place signs had been replaced. Action clerk to contact SDC regarding outstanding issues.
201107. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 25 October2020
Current account £ 14288.95
Investment account £10038.20
CIL balance £325.60
b) Payments made since last meeting
bi) G Kitchen October Salary £193.37 cheque no. 000964
bii) G.Kitchen back pay £85.00 cheque no 000967
biii) NPower £726.90 cheque no.000965
Biv) C Heard (website renewal) £107.99 cheque no 000966
c) Payments to be made at this meeting
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation.
Since agenda preparation, the renewal quote from Zurich Insurance for £238.00 has been received. The council resolved to accept the quote and for the clerk to arrange renewal.
e) Council resolved to accept report and payments; RFO to initial bank sheets & invoices on behalf of the Chairman.
Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received.
None at time of agenda preparation.
Applications considered electronically since the last meeting:
2020/1028/TELB 11 Wilkinson Terrace – installation of 1x9m wooden pole by Openreach – permitted development.
2020/0788/OUT – Outline application for erection of a detached house with detached garage to dismantled railway site all matters reserved at Dismantled Railway Site, Off Green Lane, Stutton, Tadcaster, LS24 9BW – withdrawn.
2020/0630/FUL – Erection of an agricultural barn at White Smithy Farm, Paradise Lane Hazlewood – withdrawn.
2020/0998/CPP – Lawful development certificate for proposed removal of the existing single storey rear extension and construction of a new single storey extension at 8 Garnet Terrace, Garnet Lane, Tadcaster, LS24 9BB – granted.
No further update on Old London Road Quarry,
201109. Action taken since the last meeting by the Clerk
- Underpass – lighting now resolved with new contract in hand. Problem of overhanging trees on the footpath referred to Highways.
- Speed limits – chased by clerk but awaiting response. Speed Limit signs at Fanny Lane and no through road sign at Brant Lane need repositioning. Clerk to contact Simon at SDC.
- Road markings – Highways have this in hand.
- Memorial Stone – Clerk to contact local memorial mason firm about a suitable plaque. Cllr Mackay offered to provide some funding towards the cost.
201110. Action taken since the last meeting by Councillors
- Website (accessibility regulations) – ongoing and Cllr Heard anticipates completion by December. He will complete the statement for the website and circulate.
- Telephone box – on hold until the remaining work in the village hall has been completed.
- Parish notice board – ditto.
- Rural housing – on hold due to the pandemic.
201111. Correspondence received
- Code of Conduct – further consultation by the Committee for Standards in Public Life. The clerk circulated the survey to all councillors. The council resolved to note the survey and await results.
- Concerns regarding children riding bicycles in the dark, with no lights and no reflective clothing. It was suggested that this be publicised via local media, e.g. Facebook and BeAWare. Clerk to respond to MOP.
- MOP’s concern regarding poisoning of Peregrine Falcons. Clerk to respond to MOP noting concerns.
- The clerk has circulated North Yorkshire’s proposed single unitary council plan. Council noted.
201112. Village Hall
Report from Cllr Heard re Village Hall matters. The VHC has met and decided not to reopen at present. The kitchen is in the process of being re-fitted.
The hope is for a Christmas tree to be erected the first weekend in December.
201113. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from Councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from Councillors for inclusion on the next agenda. None raised.
201114. Request for IT equipment from clerk.
Cllr Heard reported on his assessment of the laptop, and has concluded that it needs to be replaced. Clerk to ascertain if there are any suppliers for parish councils. Clerk to contact YLCA for this detail.
201115. Grit Bins
Clerk to contact former Cllr Wrigglesworth to ask if he would be able to continue filling the bins on behalf of the council.
201116. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present. None.
201117. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting. Thursday 10 December.
201118. Closure of Part 1 of the Council meeting The meeting closed at 20.17.
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting.
201119. Co-option of new councillor.
Resolved to co-opt Mrs Emma Collins to the parish council.
The meeting closed at 20.32.