STUTTON CUM HAZLEWOOD PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on 14 November 2019 at 19:30 in the Stutton Village Hall.
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the council is in session.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr P Spurrier (Vice-Chairman) Cllr C Heard, Cllr K Grayson, Cllr D Mackay, Cllr A Lee, Cllr R Sweeting
Clerk/RFO: Mrs G Kitchen
Two members of the Public.
Chairman welcomed councillors and visitors to the meeting; reminded visitors when comments may be made and that the public must not interrupt whilst the meeting is in progress.
191102. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests – none declared.
191103. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present.
MOP questioned accuracy of planning department’s assessment of the Cranton planning application. 42 metres visibility issues have not been addressed and there is still no proper turning area on any of the submissions (3 versions).
He offered a Christmas tree if the council has been unable to source one.
He expressed concern regarding the use of a CCTV camera on Church Lane. Cllr Spurrier offered advice on the legal situation regarding use of CCTV. It was suggested that the owner of the camera be advised of the need for compliance with the regulations.
Tadcaster are reported as building additional flood defences and the MOP is concerned for the potential impact on Stutton. Cllr Mackay reported on a meeting at The Barn when there was no mention about any impact on Stutton. Cllr Sweeting reported that he is to attend a steering group meeting and will ensure that the topic is discussed.
Mr D Gluck attended in respect to a neighbourhood development plan and reported that Tadcaster Council are investigating this issue. He has contacted Stutton because of the overlap with Tadcaster around Woodlands. He gave a brief explanation of what a neighbourhood plan would consist of. There is a consultation period in which 3 parish councils are being consulted and he suggested that the council include the topic as an agenda plan for a future meeting. He confirmed that the current Village Design Statement would still apply to all areas within the parish but emphasised that a neighbourhood development plan would be legally enforceable. The northern boundary of the proposed area of Stutton Parish to be covered is a Roman Road and potential benefits to residents of Stutton Parish could include the protection of open green space, etc.
Options would include Tadcaster going ahead on its own with retrospective inclusion for this parish (but without a real voice). iI opting in initially it would subsequently be possible to withdraw from the scheme. Agreeing to take part would automatically give the parish council a seat on the steering group committee. Questioned as to whether the parish council would be required to fund any aspects of development arising from the plan Mr Gluck confirmed that this is not the case. A neighbourhood plan is purely policy and this does not incur costs as it is Government funded.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons – apologies from Cllr Wrigglesworth which the council resolved to accept.
191105. Minutes of previous meeting
Councillors discussed and resolved to accept the 10 October minutes as an accurate record of the meeting. The Chairman signed the minutes as accepted.
191106. To receive reports from:
- Chairman – activities since the previous meeting – see action points below.
- NY County Councillor – Drain cleaning has been carried out in the village. Cllr Mackay reported that he will raise the issue of the dykes adjoining Weedling Gate as they are full.
- SD Councillor – Cllr Sweeting reported that Tadcaster Town Council provide a donation to the “Old Folks’ Treat” party and wondered if Stutton would be willing to make a donation as some of the Stutton residents attend the event. Cllr Mackay declared an interest as he is the Chairman of the committee.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. None present.
- Progress reports – to give updates on on-going projects – see action points below.
191107. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances as at 25/10/19 –
Current account £10,926.26
Investment account £10024.57
CIL £491.25 – request for £165.65 authorised by SDC – balance carried forward £325.60
The second instalment of the precept has been paid and is now reflected in the current account £4500.00.
b) Payments made since last meeting –
c) Payments made at this meeting –
- G. Kitchen November Salary £193.37 cheque no. 000926
- Glasdon (new litter bin) £119.38 cheque no. 000924
- Zurich £238.00 – annual insurance cheque no. 000925
- C Heard (reimbursement for website registration) £83.99 cheque no. 000927
- Shelfstore (shelving for telephone box) £165.65 cheque no. 000929.
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation –
- Donation to SSC as contribution to Christmas lights £100.00 cheque no. 000928 (see M119113).
e) Council resolved to accept report and payments; chairman initialed bank sheets & invoices.
Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received.
No new applications received at time of agenda preparation.
A new submission from White Smithy Farm arrived on the day of the meeting.
2019/1167/FUL Proposed erection of an agricultural barn at White Smithy Farm, Paradise Lane, Hazlewood,
The council fully discussed the application and resolved to make no observations.
2019/0776/FUL Proposed erection of a barn to store machinery and implements at White Smithy Farm. Paradise Lane, Hazlewood – WITHDRAWN.
Ongoing matters –
Re Cranton, Church Crescent, Stutton – see comments in public forum.
Response following discussion of planning issues with head of planning – no response as yet other than a promise from Ruth Harding and despite an intervention from Cllr Lee. Cllr Sweeting suggested that the council write directly to Janet Waggott and copy in Cllrs Sweeting and Lee.
191109. Update on action points from last meeting
- underpass – Clerk reported on progress regarding the lighting account. Discussion of the situation and suggestion was again to request a bill to reflect the correct wattage and inform that we will be contacting the regulator.
- Christmas tree – clerk to confirm with Cllr Wrigglesworth when it will be in place.
- Litter Bin – received.
- Grit bin – reported to SDC and Cllr Sweeting promised to check that the bin has been repaired.
- Bank Mandate – in progress
- 20MPH speed limit – no response from Bolton Percy. No progress from Cllr Spurrier. Cllr Lee reported on areas which have applied/asked for support. Suggestion put forward that we request a chicane/VAS sign. Action Cllr Spurrier to investigate costs and potentially request some funding from County Council. Action clerk to contact Ulleskelf for advice.
- Website (accessiblity regulations) – ongoing with Cllr Heard.
- Village Design Statement review – ongoing with Cllr Spurrier.
- telephone box – a light has now been installed. Shelving has now been authorised with CIL funding.
- Parish notice board – ongoing with Cllr Wrigglesworth.
- Bus services – Cllr Mackay has spoken to Mary Welch who confirms that unless the financial situation improves, there will be no difference. Cllr Birchall confirmed that the planning inspector has commented on the lack of an adequate bus service as part of his consideration of a planning appeal. Action Cllr Birchall to contact Mary Welch and express concern regarding the impact on safeguarding for vulnerable adults.
- Brant Lane – letter received from NYCC granting funds – Chairman and Clerk signed.
191110. Correspondence received.
emails circulated to councillors, see previous items.
191111- Action taken since the last meeting under the clerk’s delegated powers
See action points listed above.
191112. Village Hall
Report: From Cllr Heard re village Hall matters . Cllr Wrigglesworth has been investigating the potential benefits of becoming a charity and the committee has decided not to progress this. it has been decided to make the audio/video a plug and play system. The committee has received a booking for a multi day meeting. Looking at improving the exterior of the hall and will be installing new curtains and altering the existing blinds. The parish council was asked to write to the owner of the minibus frequently parked outside the Village Hall. Action clerk to write to owner of the minibus requesting he move the vehicle as it impedes access to the Village Hall. (Cllr Spurrier to send details.)
191113. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
SSC had requested a donation towards the cost of the Christmas lights.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from councillors for inclusion on the next agenda –
- Neighbourhood development plan.
- Possible donation to old folks party.
191114. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present – none present.
191115. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting -13/1/20
191116. Closure of Part 1 of the council meeting at 21.29
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting.
191117. No Part 2 business.
Signed – Gill Kitchen, Clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council – 23/11/2019.