Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on Thursday 8th November 2018 at 19:30 in the Stutton Village Hall.
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the council is in session.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr P Spurrier (Vice Chairman), Cllr C Heard, Cllr D Kent, Cllr C Metcalfe. Cllr R Sweeting, Cllr D Mackay
Clerk/RFO: Mrs G Kitchen
Apologies: Cllr S Wrigglesworth
No members of the public in attendance.
The Chairman welcomed councillors to the meeting.
181102. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the room for the relevant item(s) – none declared.
181103. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors’ present
For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors – no members of the public were present.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons – resolved to accept the apologies of Cllr Wrigglesworth.
181105. Minutes of previous meeting
- Councillors discussed and resolved to accept the 11th October minutes as an accurate record of the meeting.
- The Chairman signed the minutes as accepted – done.
181106. Receive reports from
- Chairman – activities since the previous meeting – see agenda items.
- NY County Councillor – reported that the application for Wilkinson Terrace is to be decided imminently. Delays have occurred due to staffing levels and Cllr Sweeting reported on advice he had been given regarding the backlog. In addition there was a report from the NYCC councillor to state that there are 71 empty properties owned in the Selby District, awaiting works being carried out. The council discussed the housing shortage and it was repoted that suggestions have been put forward to be considered by the Housing Department. Reported that SDC has received £4m towards road repairs.
- SD Councillor – no additional reports.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. Action clerk to contact Police to request a report.
- Progress reports – to give updates on on-going projects – see action points below.
181107. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 26/10/18
Current account £9710.70
Investment account £10004.55.
b) Payments made since last meeting
c) Payments to be made at this meeting
- Clerk’s Salary £193.37 Cheque no.000882
- Donation for fireworks £100.00 Cheque no. 000883
- Clerk’s expenses (stamps) £6.96 Cheque no. 000884
- Clerk’s expenses (use of home as office) £15.00 Cheque no. 000885.
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation
e) Payments received since the last meeting
f) Council resolved to accept report and payments; The Chairman initialled bank sheets & invoices.
Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received
17 Weedling Gate 2018/1124/HPA – proposed erection of two storey extension, single storey extension and garage following demolition of existing garage and outbuildings. The clerk reported concerns regarding the demolition of the garage to SDC which had been answered by SDC (no action to be taken). Further concerns have been reported regarding parking of work vehicles. Action clerk to report concerns to police. The council resolved that they had no observations to make regarding the application other than the usual caveats of it being in keeping with its surroundings and to note the access issues.
Action clerk to report building work on The Hawthorns to enforcement team and copy Martin Grainger..
Decisions – none received..
Old London Road Quarry – no further progress on the application.
181109. Update on action points from last meeting
- report from Pauline Hogg re. wildflowers -Clerk has written to Pauline explaining the council’s position. Resolved to discuss again at the next meeting and to invite Pauline. Cllr Kent volunteered to attend the next CEF meeting with Pauline if she was willing to continue. Cllr Sweeting agreed to revisit the application in his capacity as Chairman of the CEF.
- ownership of the underpass – ongoing.
- broken fence – reported to Towton Parish Council.
- Register of assets – action clerk to compile a draft register using an older version as a basis.
- Insurance – discussed and resolved on the level of insurance for public liability.
- GDPR policy – see minute regarding review of standing orders.
- Clerk’s contract – signed.
- Dog poo bin – non-collection reported to SDC bu clerk.
- Grass cutting contract – discussion as to whether to go through tender process or stay on the year-year contract. Resolved that as there is no requirement to go through the tendering process, proposed by Cllr Spurrier and seconded by Cllr Kent to contact local contractor and offer a 5% increase. Action clerk to contact the contractor.
- Purchase of new bench – an offer of a stone bench has been made by a member of the public. Resolved to accept the offer and explore what protective coatings can be used to protect.
- Archive materials – handed over to clerk in the meeting.
- Usage for telephone box – no further suggestions from MOPs. A suggestion made was about choosing a theme such as Remembrance/Halloween/Christmas/Easter. Suggestions from the council included notice boards for local walks etc. It was hoped that if the telephone box was dressed it would draw residents’ attention to the information provided.
181110. Review of Standing orders – progress report.
Clerk has passed on the relevant information to Cllr Kent for review by council.
181111. Correspondence received.
A response has been received by Cllr Birchall regarding bus services, reporting thatour concerns will be considered.
181112. Action taken since the last meeting under the clerk’s delegated powers
see action points listed above.
181113. Village Hall
Report: From Cllr Heard re village Hall matters – nothing to report. The council noted their appreciation of the memorial stone now in the village hall grounds. Action clerk to confirm donation amount.
The parish website has had some changes made to reflect changes by village hall committee..
181114. Budget 19/20 – to discuss preliminary needs
Action clerk to compile a draft budget and circulate to councillors before the December meeting.
181115. Grit bins
Action clerk to contact Cllr Wrigglesworth.
181116. Clarification of clerk’s hours
Tuesday and Friday for working on Parish Council business,other than when a meeting is due.
181117. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
Reported that notification had been sent to SSOB regarding the pop up pub, and asking when the pub was due to reopen so there would be no competition. No response from SSOB. Cllr Sweeting to request the information.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from councillors for inclusion on the next agenda.
General rubbish bins – a member of the public has reported general rubbish , whilst out dog walking, which is accumulating on Stutton Road and action clerk to obtain prices for bins. Action council to check where the current bins are situated and where the main littering problem areas are..
20 is plenty campaign.
181118. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present – no electors present,
181119. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council agreed the date, time and place of next meeting – 13/12/18.
181120. Closure of Part 1 of the council meeting at 9.10pm.
Part 2 – No part 2 items
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting – no members of the public were present.
Signed. Gill Kitchen clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council