STUTTON CUM HAZLEWOOD PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on 10th October 2019 at 19:30 in the Stutton Village Hall.
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the council is in session.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr P Spurrier (Vice-Chairman) Cllr C Heard, , Cllr K Grayson, , Cllr D Mackay
Clerk/RFO: Mrs G Kitchen
One member of the Public.
The Chairman welcomed councillors and visitor to the meeting; reminded visitor when comments may be made and that the public must not interrupt whilst the meeting is in progress.
191002. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the room for the relevant item(s). No interests were declared.
191003. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors – no comments made.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons – Apologies received from Cllr Wrigglesworth. The council resolved to accept the apologies given.
191005. Minutes of previous meetings
Councillors discussed and resolved to accept the 5 September and 17 September minutes as accurate records of the meetings. Chairman signed the minutes as accepted.
191006. To receive reports from:
- Chairman – activities since the previous meeting – see agenda items
- NY County Councillor – little to report other than the cleaning of Tadcaster following the UCI World Championships. It was reported that Selby District Council has purchased the previous Nat West premises to convert into flats.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. – none present
- Progress reports – to give updates on on-going projects – see action points below.
191007. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 27/09/19 –
Current account £8495.86
Investment account £10019.41
CIL £491.25 – this must be claimed by 4/11/19
The second instalment of the precept has been paid but not yet reflected in the current account £4500.00.
b) Payments made since last meeting
See minutes of extraordinary meeting.
c)Payments to be made at this meeting
G. Kitchen October Salary £193.57 cheque no. 000922
Autela Payroll Services £39.23 cheque no. 000921.
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation
Mr K Tillett £1837 cheque no 000923.
e) Council resolved to accept report and payments; chairman initialled bank sheets & invoices.
Applications received – Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received. No new applications received at time of agenda preparation.
Further consideration –
2019/0833/FUL Cranton, Church Crescent. Proposed demolition of existing bungalow and construction of 3no new build dwellings. Changes have occurred to this planning application since the extraordinary meeting. These changes are to parking/turning space on the proposal. The access point has moved closer to the junction. The council strongly felt that this was making it even more dangerous in respect of the positioning of the access point, the visibility was worsened and the proposed turning was not felt to be practical. The council resolved to observe vehicles leaving this site will be turning onto a busy junction. Felt to be gross overdevelopment.
2019/0939/DOC 11 Wilkinson Terrace. Discharge of conditions 03 (materials) 04 (materials), 05 (landscaping), and 06 (parking) 2018/0196/FUL proposed erection of new lodge dwelling. The council had previously objected on various grounds including the proposed cladding.
Decisions – 2019/0505/HPA, single storey extension at Wingate Hill Farm, approved.
Response following discussion of planning issues with head of planning – no response from the Head of Planning. The council resolved to write to Janet Waggott, forwarding the original email from Ms Waggott regarding lack of satisfaction with planning issues, also to copy in Cllr Mackay.
191009. Update on action points from last meeting
- underpass lighting – the clerk has written to the supplier to request an amended invoice but has had no response.
- Church Lane footpath to underpass – letter from MOP regarding overgrowth. This has now been addressed. Mr Tillett volunteered to sweep the area gratis. The council thanked Mr Tillett for his offer.
- Christmas tree – Clerk to contact Stockeld Park (email councillors with details).
- Litter Bins – Cllr Wrigglesworth reported vandalism to the one by Stutton Cross on Beechtree crossroads. Clerk to purchase replacement. Cllr Wrigglesworth has volunteered to install.
- Grit bin – clerk to remind SDC of the need for one by Calcaria House to be replaced.
- Affordable Housing – Lily McQuade has now left post; awaiting appointment of replacement.
- Bank Mandate – form now received and clerk to pass on to Cllr Grayson
- Grass cutting – Garnet Lane – enquiry from MOP – completed.
- 20 MPH speed limit – also letter from MOP. No response from Bolton Percy at present. Cllr Spurrier is investigating ANPR cameras and will be attending a meeting where he will enquire.
- Website (accessibility regulations) – YLCA advice has not been particularly helpful. The local guidelines are that small councils can opt out from this if they are small and this would be too onerous. The council resolved to construct a statement to put forward to the YLCA.
- Website domain registration/renewal – Resolved to authorise Cllr Heard to renew for 10 years.
- Village Design Statement review – ongoing.
- telephone box – ongoing.
- Parish notice board – ongoing.
- Bus services – nothing further to report and Cllr Mackay to contact Mary Welch.
- Brant Lane – see earlier minute point. Also state of the road and at Stutton Cross: recent flooding has washed gravel and other detritus onto the road. Clerk to report to SDC.
- Mill Lane overgrown hedges – no further action taken.
191010. Correspondence received.
emails circulated to councillors, see previous items.
191011. Action taken since the last meeting under the clerk’s delegated powers
See action points listed above.
191012. Village Hall
Report: From Cllr Heard re Village Hall matters. Nothing to report as no meeting has been held since the last parish council meeting.
Cllr Spurrier reported a successful race night raising money for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance.
191013. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
Reported that Peter and Kathy Stubbins and Dave Kent were responsible for the lovely flowers by the Stutton sign on Weedling Gate. Council resolved to formally thank these residents.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from councillors for inclusion on the next agenda. No additional items raised.
191014. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present A MOP has requested the cutting back of the overhanging trees by the underpass footpath. Council resolved to obtain quotes for the work. Clerk to write to Bardsey Tree Services and also contact Tadcaster Town Council for contacts.
191015. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting – 14/11/19.
191016. Closure of Part 1 of the council meeting at 20.59.
191017 – No part 2 business.
Signed – Gill Kitchen, Clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council – 16/10/2019.