STUTTON CUM HAZLEWOOD PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on Thursday 13th October 2022
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the Council is in session.
Present: Cllr E Catt, Cllr K Grayson, Cllr D Mackay
One member of the public was present.
Cllr Grayson welcomed councillors and visitors to the meeting; reminded visitors when comments may be made and that the public must not interrupt whilst the meeting is in progress.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether to accept the reasons. Apologies received from Cllr Heard, Cllr Spurrier, Cllr Poskitt, Clerk/RFO Mrs G Kitchen. The council resolved to accept the apologies.
221003. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial, and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the meeting for the relevant item(s). None declared.
221004. Minutes of previous meeting
- Councillors to discuss and resolve whether to accept the 8 September minutes as an accurate record of the meeting.
- The council resolved to accept the minutes.
221005. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. One member of the public was present and had attended the meeting to confirm if the Parish Council was aware of the Planning Application to remove the condition for blasting at Jackdaw Crag Quarry.
221006. Administrative Matters
1 Review of Standing Orders. Clerk emailed those still to review on 11th October. To be carried forward to the next meeting.
221007. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) on 26 September 2022:
Current account £ 10870.58
Investment account £10045.62
CIL balance £325.60
b) Payments made since last meeting
Autela Payroll services £53.28 cheque no.001063
K.Tillett £915 x 2 cheque nos. 001064 001065
c) Payments to be made at this meeting
Clerk Salary (October) cheque no. 001066 £208.13
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation.
None at the time of meeting
e) Council to resolve whether to accept report and payments or not; RFO to initial bank sheets & invoices on behalf of the Chairman.
221008. RFO’s Report on the Governance and Accounting Statements 2021/2122
Still to be completed due to personal issues for the Internal Auditor.
221009. To receive reports from:
- 1.County and District Councillors. Cllr Mackay reported that there are over 2,000 on the housing list for rented properties and 6 to 8 properties available for rent. There are also 6 to 8 properties which are being refurbished. The Central Car Park scheme may provide approximately 35 additional properties, but this is a long-term project.
- 2.Cllr Poskitt emailed updates before the meeting. Speeding – Area 7 have assured they are looking to the change the speed limit of Garnet Lane to 30mph. They are continuing to look at speeding issues in the town and have advised all to pursue with the police any real concerns of consistent speeding. Planning – Old London Quarry – report at Agenda item. Brant Lane – report at Agenda item.
- 3.Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. None present. PC Nicholas Wood sent his apologies and offered to meet Councillors at another time to discuss any concerns.
Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received.
Proposed base station installation upgrade at Cornerstone
2022/1099/TELBCELLNET Hazlewood Castle, Paradise Lane, Hazlewood – the council agreed this had been discussed at the last meeting.
Jackdaw Quarry NY/2022/0198/73, Removal of condition No 7 of Planning Permission Ref C8/2009/1066/CPO to allow blasting in the southern extension area of land to the south of exiting Quarry. The council resolved to request additional time to discuss with concerned residents and respond. It was discussed that an open evening/public meeting may be in order.
Old London Road Quarry – The application is still waiting further information. Once the Environmental Statement is received there will be a full consultation on the application including neighbour notifications, site notices, press notice, consultees. The significant number of objections received (including those over 2 years ago) will still be material considerations and therefore the application will be required to be determined at an NYCC Planning and Regulatory Functions Committee.
Decisions: 2021/0481/FUL Sugar Hill Farm Wingate Hill, conversion of a barn into a 2-bedroom dwelling – Granted.
221011. Matters ongoing since the last meeting
- Underpass lighting- Cllr Mackay thought this had been transferred but to check with the Clerk.
- Speed limits – ongoing – report from Cllr Poskitt above
- Website upgrade – Members of the public have asked councillors why they cannot access recent Agendas & Minutes on the website. The council agreed that it is a matter of urgency for either the old website or new website to be available to view current information. At the present time there is only the Stutton Village Facebook page & BeAware messaging service to inform residents on any local concerns/planning.
- Telephone box – ongoing – Cllr Catt reported the dehumidifier was full or needed replacing.
- Parish notice board – ongoing
- Rural housing – no further communication from Matthew Brown
- Clerk’s IT equipment – ongoing
- Tommy Memorial – The statues to be ordered by Cllr Grayson.
- Replacement Dog Bin – waiting for quote.
221012. Correspondence received –
Wildflower verges – waiting for further confirmation of investigation results from Highways and response from Police Wildlife Officer.
Dispute over Bridle path /Brant Lane – Cllr Poskitt has requested further information on the specific positions of the obstacles.
The Council to forward photographs and map detailing the issues to Cllr Poskitt at the request of Area 7.
221013. Village Hall –
Report from Cllr Spurrier re Village Hall matters. No report due to Cllr Spurrier’s absence.
221014. Councillors’ Forum
a} To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from Councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
Cllr Grayson reported that in the last fortnight there have been incidents in the area. 5th Oct – theft of; trailer from Kirby Wharfe, horse box from a farm in Stutton, lorry from a farm in Stutton, attempted break in at a farm in Stutton. 10th Oct – attempted theft of 12 quad bikes at Hazelwood. 12th October – Trailer stolen from a farm in Stutton.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from Councillors for inclusion on the next agenda. Cllr Grayson suggested organizing a meeting with PC Nicholas Wood to discuss the criminal incidents previously recorded and to discuss the potential to set up a Community Speed Watch.
221015. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present. No further comments.
221016. Date, time, and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time, and place of next meeting. Thursday 10 November 7.30
221017. Closure of Part 1 of the Council meeting