Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on Thursday 14 October 2021 at 1930 in the Stutton Village Hall
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the Council is in session.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr P Spurrier (Vice-Chairman) Cllr C Heard, Cllr E Catt, County Cllr D Mackay, Cllr A Lee, Clerk/RFO Mrs G.Kitchen
No members of the public were present.
The Chairman welcomed councillors to the meeting.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons. Apologies from Cllr Collins and Cllr Sweeting – the council resolved to accept the apologies for the reasons given.
Apologies received from PC Nicholas Woods who was unable to attend due to an emergency incident.
211003. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the meeting for the relevant item(s). None declared
211004. Minutes of previous meeting
Councillors to discuss and resolve whether or not to accept the 2 September minutes as an accurate record of the meeting. Resolved to accept the minutes as correct.
211005. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors. No members of the public were present.
211006. To receive reports from:
- County and District Councillors.
Cllr Mackay reported that his contact in NYCC has promised to address the road markings at no cost to the council. A MOP has reported a near miss at the Beech Tree crossroads which he has reported to Highways. Cllr Mackay has made contact with the PCSO – attempted car break ins, burglaries and drug supplying have been reported to him.
Cllr Spurrier also commented on seeing a person who is drinking alcohol very early in the morning. Other residents have also reported seeing him – he hasn’t been causing any problems but there are concerns regarding his welfare.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. – none present
211007. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 27 September 2021
Current account £11013.02
Investment account £10039.19
CIL balance £325.60
2nd instalment of precept received – yet to show on bank statement
b) Payments made since last meeting
bi) G Kitchen September salary £204.25 cheque no. 001025
bit) G.Kitchen stationery (stamps) £7.92 cheque no. 001024
biii) Autela Payroll services £52.20 cheque no. 001023
biv) HMRC £153.20 cheque no. 001022
bv) SSC (summer play day) £100.00 cheque no. 001021
c) Payments to be made at this meeting.
ci) 2Commune £1260.00 (website) cheque no.001026
cii) NYCC (speed survey) £264.00 cheque no. 001027
ciii) G.Kitchen (Oct salary) 204.25 cheque no. 001028
civ) VHC (rent) £250.00 cheque no. 001029
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation.
None at time of agenda preparation.
e) Council to resolve whether or not to accept report and payments; Chairman to initial bank sheets & invoices. The council resolved to accept the report and it was signed and initialled by the Chairman
a) Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received.
No applications at time of agenda preparation.
b) Applications considered under Standing Order 25(b) since the last meeting:
2021/0907/DOC Discharge of Conditions 03 (scheme of investigation), 04 (scheme of investigation), 05 (tree protection), 06 (floor levels), 07 (foul drainage), 08 (land contamination), 09 (external materials) and 12 (ecology) for planning permission 2019/0029/FUL approved at appeal (APP/N2739/W/20/3251897) Proposed erection of a replacement dwelling at Peggy Ellerton Farm, Chantry Lane, Hazlewood, Tadcaster, LS24 9NH.
2021/0750/HPA – Erection of single storey rear extension, and alterations to window forming a door at 20 Manor Road, Stutton, Tadcaster, LS24 9BN.
2020/0771/HPA – Single storey side extension at The Barn, Low Park, Chantry Lane, Hazlewood, Tadcaster LS24 9NH.
210909. Matters ongoing since the last meeting
- Underpass lighting – ongoing
- Footpath to underpass — ongoing
- Speed limits – the council discussed extensively the current speed limits – see later agenda item.
- Mill Lane road markings- incorrectly marked as a parking space rather than a passing place. Cllr Mackay to chase up and action clerk to chase up with Highways.
- Stutton Cross Junction – correct details sent to NYCC and the contact has promised to have a look at the junction in the next week. Clerk to ask for date so that councillors could meet to discuss the junction.
- Memorial Stone – request for installation of plaque sent to J Burns Memorials – awaiting completion.
- Website (2Commune upgrade) – cheque now sent.
- Telephone box – Cllr Spurrier reported that they are looking for materials suitable to solve the condensation problems.
- Parish notice board- winter project.
- Rural housing – officer will be present next meeting.
- New Police Officer – late apologies received and he hopes to attend our next meeting.
- Planting of tree to commemorate next Year’s Royal Jubilee. The council have canvassed the parish and received support for the project. Action Cllr Catt to investigate costs and types of trees.
- Clerk’s IT equipment – ongoing.
- Trees near the Mill Lane bungalows – work has been completed by a registered tree surgeon. Clerk has contacted SDC but at present no response.
- Proposed commemorative plaque – ongoing.
- Verges on Moor Lane near the A64 overpass. Response from Pauline Hogg and clerk to ask Pauline and Keith to liaise regarding height/length needed.
211010. Correspondence received
- Concerns regarding Tree on Garnett Lane – concerns from a resident regarding this and safety from potential falling of branches. Cllr Mackay to check with Sam Smiths as this is their property.
- Speeding on Garnet Lane – concerns from a resident regarding speeding vehicles. Action clerk to contact the resident acknowledging the issues and that the results of the speed survey are being analysed.
- Speed survey results – Cllr Birchall has carried out a preliminary analysis.
Garnett Lane – Cllr Lee put forward suggestions of a temporary chicane part way down the lane. Action clerk to contact Gary Lunn re a site visit. Action Cllrs Lee and Mackay to raise the issue with Highways.
Stutton Village- again see Cllr Birchall’s analysis. The evidence shows the majority of drivers leaving and entering the village are exceeding the speed limit. Action clerk to include this in the details of the site visit.
211011. Village Hall
Report from Cllr Heard re Village Hall matters. Nothing to report
211012. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from Councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference:
Online banking and debit cards.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from Councillors for inclusion on the next agenda.
211013. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present. None present.
211014. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting. 11/11/21. [The November and December meetings subsequently had to be cancelled with the next meeting deferred until 13 January 2022.]
211015. Closure of Part 1 of the Council meeting
The meeting closed at 21.01.
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting.
No items at time of agenda preparation.