Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on Thursday 2 September 2021 at 7.30 pm in the Stutton Village Hall
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the Council is in session.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr P Spurrier (Vice-Chairman) Cllr C Heard, Cllr E Catt, Cllr E Collins, County Cllr D Mackay, County Cllr A Lee.
Chairman welcomed councillors to the meeting.
Apologies were received from Clerk Mrs G Kitchen. Council resolved to accept the reasons.
210903. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. None declared.
210904. Minutes of previous meeting
Councillors resolved to accept the 8 July minutes as an accurate record of the meeting and authorised the Clerk to sign them on behalf of the Chairman.
210905. Action taken under Standing Order 25 since the last meeting
- K Tillett authorised to inspect and if necessary prune a tree reported as being dangerous (see correspondence under agendum 210911 below)
- Grant of £100 approved for playdate for local children in Stutton Village Hall.
210906. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. None present.
210907. To receive reports from:
- County and District Councillors.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc.
Cllr Mackay reported on matters arising from the previous meeting as recorded below, confirmed that NYCC had embarked on the annual weed killing exercise and reminded councillors that North Yorkshire would become a new unitary authority with effect from May 2023.
210908. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 1/9/21
ai) Current account £ 11570.47
aii) Investment account £10039.11
aiii) CIL balance £325.60
b) Payments made since last meeting
bi) J Rotherham Ltd (memorial) £2160.00 cheque no. 001017
bii) G Kitchen (July salary) £205.05 cheque no. 001018
biii) Stutton Social Committee (children’s playdate) £100.00 cheque no. 001019
biv) G Kitchen (August salary) £204.25 cheque no. 001020
c) Payments to be made at this meeting.
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation.
e) Council resolved to accept report and payments; RFO to initial bank sheets & invoices on behalf of the Chairman.
a) Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received.
None at the time of agenda preparation.
b) Applications considered under Standing Order 25(b) since the last meeting:
NY/2021/0098/A27 Application for the approval of details reserved by condition No’s 3, 8, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 29 & 31 of Planning Permission Ref. No. C8/2009/1066/CPO which relates to details of schemes for the storage of materials, method of working, phasing of development and road and wheel cleaning facilities, a scheme which details the control of noise from HGV’s and fixed plant, a noise management plan, a scheme to deal with the management of risk associated with contamination of controlled waters, a verification report, a monitoring scheme for the monitoring of groundwater levels, a scheme for the management of surface and foul waters, a pre-commencement badger survey and a scheme detailing the provision of on-site parking/waiting for HGV’s at Jackdaw Crag Quarry, Moor Lane, Stutton, Tadcaster, LS42 9BH. Approved.
2021/0210/CPE Lawful development certificate for existing use of land as residential garden within the curtilage of Low Park Farm at Low Park Farm, Chantry Lane, Hazlewood, Tadcaster, LS24 9NH. Granted.
2021/0083/HPA Erection of double storey side and rear extension at Green Hedges, Green Lane, Stutton, Tadcaster, LS24 9BW. Approved.
NY/2018/0009/FUL Extraction of 30,000 tonnes of limestone and importation of 600,000 tonnes of construction waste to complete restoration and export of 300,000 tonnes of secondary aggregate at Old London Road Quarry, Stutton, Tadcaster, LS24 9NQ. The applicant was granted an extension of time until 31 August 2021 for the submission of the further information and Environmental Statement. A request for a further extension to 31 October 2021 had just been granted.
Statement of Community Involvement. The Parish Council has responded to a questionnaire expressing our concern at SDC’s failure to consult immediate neighbours about planning applications.
Validation Checklist for Planning Applications. The Parish Council has received a new draft checklist of requirements from SDC.
Selby Planning Department has acknowledged that there had been a backlog in processing observations on planning applications and was investigating this.
210910. Matters ongoing since the last meeting
- Underpass lighting – still awaiting response from NPower.
- Footpath to underpass – It has been confirmed that North Yorkshire County Council is responsible for the vegetation growing out of the surface of the public right of way, however any sideward vegetation including hedges and trees are all the responsibility of the landowner. The footpath is on the NYCC Annual Seasonal Vegetation Cutting programme. These routes receive one cut between May and 31st July; if budget allows, a second cut of the route occurs between August – October. It has been confirmed that a second cut will take place this year. Clerk to consult Selby’s Footpaths Officer to ascertain the landowner responsible for the trees bordering the footpath.
- Speed limits – awaiting results of a speed monitoring survey to be installed between 13 and 21 September.
- Mill Lane road markings – the problem with parking in the passing place incorrectly marked as a lay-by has been referred to Glen Donaldson, Highways.
- Speed limit signs at bottom of Fanny Lane – awaiting response from Highways about the visibility problem. Meanwhile Cllr Catt to discuss with the property owner the problem of foliage obscuring a sign.
- Stutton Cross junction – a recent collision resulted in a car being written off. There are serious safety problems at this junction because traffic leaving Stutton Road for Old London Road or Moor Lane has no line of sight to traffic approaching, often rapidly, down Moor Lane. Conversely drivers approaching down Moor Lane cannot see the junction until the very last minute after rounding the corner. Clerk to ask Highways for proposals to alleviate the danger. Cllr Mackay has also provided the details of the owner of the hedge bordering this junction which can add to the visual problems during the growing season.
- Memorial Stone – awaiting installation of plaque by J Burns Memorials. Cllr Mackay was thanked for providing a contribution towards the cost.
- Website – discussions are ongoing with the company 2Commune about an upgrade. Cllr Heard was authorised to place a contract for this work. Meanwhile an accessibility statement would be added to the existing website.
- Telephone box – now operating effectively as a book and jigsaw exchange point. Work is in hand to install protection to prevent books being spoiled by condensation in the winter and to provide a small notice board.
- Parish notice board – this is to be refurbished and repositioned so that notices can be read easily from the pavement.
- Rural housing – a parish walk took place on 13 July to try to identify possible sites in or immediately adjacent to Stutton village. Clerk to ask SDC’s Rural Housing Enabler when a report should be expected.
- New community policeman – Clerk to invite PC Nicholas Woods to attend a future meeting of the Council.
- Plant a tree for the Jubilee – there was support for a young medium sized tree to be planted near the bench at the corner of Mill Lane and Weedling Gate for which a commemorative plaque could be ordered via the Lord Lieutenant’s Office. Cllrs Spurrier and Catt to pursue.
- Bus services – response sent to NYCC following receipt of a new questionnaire. A further full consultation is expected in due course.
- Clerk’s IT equipment – awaiting further information.
210911. Correspondence received
- Rowan tree reported as dangerous near the Mill Lane bungalows by MOP – see Minute 210905 above. Whilst immediate action had been taken in this instance the three trees on the public land in front of the bungalows on Mill Lane/Weedling Gate were the responsibility of Selby District Council. Clerk to ask SDC to inspect the trees and take any necessary remedial action.
- The Queen’s Green Canopy – letter from the Lord Lieutenant – see Minute 210910 above.
- Proposed commemorative plaque – a MOP has suggested that there should be a commemorative plaque to recognise the work of a former councillor. Cllr Spurrier to investigate.
210912. Village Hall
Report from Cllr Heard re Village Hall matters – there has been a small leak in the roof. A meeting was scheduled for 6 September to consider further activities.
210913. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from Councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from Councillors for inclusion on the next agenda.
Cllr Heard reported that the protected wild flower verges near the A64 bridge on Moor Lane were becoming very overgrown. Clerk was asked to seek advice and if appropriate commission Keith Tillett to trim the area at the correct time.
Cllr Birchall reported that notices had appeared indicating that two telegraph poles connected with a faster broadband service were to be erected on Malt Kiln Terrace.
Cllr Spurrier reported that that the recent playdate had been attended by about 20 local children from the parish who had particularly enjoyed the bouncy castle. Parents attending included five families new to the village. The Seasonal Celebration on Bank Holiday Sunday was also very successful and was attended by about 100.
210914. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present. None present.
210915. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting – Thursday 14th October 2021 at 7.30 pm in Stutton Village Hall.
210916. Closure of Part 1 of the Council meeting
Meeting closed at 8.47 pm.
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting.
No items for discussion.
Signed. Gill Kitchen, Clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council – 4/9/21.