Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council
Date: Thursday, 3rd September 2015 at Time: 7.30pm Venue: Stutton Village Hall.
Attendees: Cllr. Tango Fawcett (Chair) Cllr. David Birchall (Vice Chair) Cllr. Stuart Wrigglesworth Cllr. Charlie Heard Cllr. Steve Cobb (TTC) Cllr. Don Mackay (TTC) Paul Spurrier Keith Tillet Lisa Powell (Clerk)
Items Raised by Members of the Public
1. Asbestos in the roof of the Village Hall. KT advised that he had found asbestos in the roof of the Village Hall and recommended that it be inspected. Clerk to raise with the Landlord.
2. KT advised that he had submitted an Outline Planning Application for a detached dwelling on land adjacent to Weedling Gate.
PART I – Ordinary Meeting Minutes
1.0 Apologies – None. LP advised that Cllr. Sweeting was invited to the meeting.
2.0 Declaration of Interests – None.
3.0 Welcome new Councillor – TF welcomed Paul Spurrier to the meeting.
4.0 Minutes – Minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council meetings held on 18th June 2015 and 9th July 2015 were signed off. Minutes of the Extra Ordinary Meeting on 27th July 2015 were also signed off.
5.0 Progress Reports
5.1 Village Hall and Grounds – Issues raised at previous meetings relating to the guttering and drains have now been resolved.
5.2 Signage Requests – Clerk advised that the requests had been made to SDC. SDC advised that they have ‘added the requests to a list’ but are currently under resourced so unable to commit to a date for undertaking the work. Cllr. Mackay suggested contacting Russ Varley (Footpath Officer) to progress this. TF suggested enquiring as to whether we can erect our own signs. TTC use Signtific. Clerk to enquire.
5.3 Hedge Cutting – Cut discussed at last meeting near Beech Tree Corner should have been done by 31st August. It was agreed that KT will undertake a wider cut on Fanny Lane and also undertake a cut by the Underpass. KT to invoice Stutton PC for the cost of this (£100). Garnett Lane – Clerk to confirm with Selby District Council when it will be cut.
5.4 Dog Poo Signs – Clerk to discuss with Village Hall Manager need for signage.
6.1 & 6.2 Payment of Accounts, Bank Statements and Invoices – Clerk advised the Bank Statements were not being sent to her. Chairman and Vice Chair to go into Branch to ensure they are being sent to the correct address. Invoices paid as follows: • 000754 – Mawers Mowers Ltd Invoice 0028 – £160.00 • 000755 – Mawers Mowers Ltd Invoice 0027 – £190.00 • 000762 – Parish Council Election May 2015 Charges – £50.29 Cheques for payment of salary to Clerk signed as follows: • 000756, 758, 760 – Payments for June, July & August to LP – £115.60 each. • 000757, 759,761 – Payments for June, July & August to HMRC – £28.90 each.
6.3 Invoice Review – Clerk advised that Npower have been notified of the change of ownership and NY Highways have agreed that they own the lights. Awaiting response from Npower.
6.4 VAT Refund Claim Form – To be submitted by Clerk.
6.5 Bank Accounts – See 6.1.
6.6 Half Yearly Audit – Clerk to provide budget position at the next meeting for discussion.
7.0 Tadcaster Cemetery Fees – Cllr. Mackay advised that the Cemetery was not making money until 3 years ago when they were forced to put up fees to break even. The documentation provided by TTC was reviewed. Key points raised include: • SPC contribution represented 10% of the overall Precept received by the Parish • SPC is part of St Mary’s Parish and so should not have to contribute extra to the Cemetery. • Tadcaster is cheaper than both Wetherby and Selby. Tadcaster Councillors to discuss at their next meeting. SPC have advised that they still feel it is not right that they contribute 10% of their budget to subsidise a small number who use the service and suggest that TTC increase their fees slightly to cover the shortfall.
8.0 Planning – The following applications were discussed:
• 2015/0868/OUT – Corner of Church Crescent and, Weedling Gate, Stutton – No objection notwithstanding the fact that its issue is outside the village envelope.
• NY/2009/0523/ENV – General view is that it is inappropriately close to Warren House Farm. Also, it is believed it will have an adverse impact on Stutton Village due to the locality of the proposals and the effect on village amenity. Is there a more suitable way to extend the quarry that could be considered? Clerk to send details to send a response to the Planning office.
The following outcomes of previous applications were noted:
• 2015/0742/HPA – Chapel Cottage, Green Lane, Stutton – Refused • 2015/0727/HPA – 63 Garnett Lane, LS24 9LD – Granted
9.0 Parish Council Website – Changes to the reply form will now be made. CH to obtain stats on the number of hits received.
10.0 Affordable Housing – Nothing to report.
11.0 Bus Subsidy Reduction – DB provided an update. In summary, we have asked them to consider a creating a better timetable and a more sensible route. TF thanked DB for the work he had done on this.
12.0 Flooding Issues – The Parish Council received one email regarding the flooding from a resident. The resident was invited but declined to attend the meeting. SW advised that he and KT had removed 3 tonnes of silt and that Church Crescent had been unofficially closed because of the flooding. The PC recognise that the frequency of the flooding incidents is increasing. TF thanked SW and KT and commended the Community Spirit shown.
13.0 Review of Standing Orders, Financial Regulations & Risk Assessments – The following documents have been reviewed and were signed off at the meeting: • Standing Orders • Financial Regulations • Risk Assessment. Clerk to file and provide copies to DB for the website.
Clerk to circulate copies of the following documents for review: • Freedom of Information • Code of Conduct • Purpose Grievance (Complaints)
14.0 Correspondence – Notification on consultation being undertaken by Fire & Rescue Service. Clerk to circulate again.
15.0 Councillor’s Report and Items for Future Agendas – PS advised that his partner is involved in the publication of The Stutton Standard, a quarterly Village newsletter. PS asked if SPC wanted to be included in this. It was agreed we should be and dates of future meetings should be included.
16.0 Date of Next Meeting – Future meetings – Normally every 2nd Thursday of the month. Next meeting Thursday 8th October.
17.0 Meeting Close – Meeting Formally Closed at 9:25pm.
1.0 Co-opting of Vacancy for one Parish Councillor and update of Bank Signatories – PS provided documentation relating to his appointment as Councillor. LP to submit to SDC.
2.0 Meeting Closed at 9:29pm.