Minutes of the Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council held on 5th September 2019 at 19:30 in the Stutton Village Hall.
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the council is in session.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr P Spurrier (Vice-Chairman) Cllr C Heard, Cllr K Grayson, Cllr A Lee, Cllr R Sweeting.
Clerk/RFO: Mrs G Kitchen
No members of the Public.
Chairman welcomed councillors to the meeting.
190902. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the room for the relevant item(s) – none declared.
190903. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors. No members of the public present.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons. Apologies received from Cllrs Wrigglesworth and Mackay. It was resolved to accept the apologies given.
190905. Minutes of previous meeting
Councillors discussed and resolved to accept the 11 July minutes as an accurate record of the meeting. Chairman signed the minutes as accepted.
190906. To receive reports from:
- Chairman – activities since the previous meeting – see later minuted points.
- NY County Councillor – – concerns passed on via the chairman regarding the footpath under the underpass. SDC have claimed they are not responsible for clearing of drains and cutting back of hedges. Cllr Sweeting to investigate further.
- SD Councillor – Reported on concerns for street cleaning in the area in general and requested any concerns to be passed on to himself. It was noted that Brant Lane and Old London Road had not been cleaned in the most recent sweep.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. – none present.
- Progress reports – to give updates on on-going projects – see action points below.
190907. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting) as at 27/08/19 –
Current account £9008.01
Investment account £10019.41 (£5.00 interest paid)
b) Payments made since last meeting
c) Payments to be made at this meeting
ci) G. Kitchen August Salary £193.37 cheque no.000916
cii) Glasdon – new litter bin for Mill Lane Layby. £114.08 cheque no. 000917.
Action clerk to arrange for Cllr Grayson to be a signatory and for former Cllr to be removed.
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation
e) Council resolved to accept report and payments; chairman initialled bank sheets & invoices.
Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received .
None received at time of agenda preparation
Decisions – none at time of agenda preparation
Response following discussion of planning issues with head of planning. Action clerk to chase up Martin Grainger regarding response. Cllr Lee to contact also expressing concerns over non-response.
A member of the public had reported concerns over the height of the hedge and state of pavement outside 17 Weedling Gate. Action council to assess the issues and let clerk know for reporting.
Village Design Statement – Cllrs Spurrier and Wrigglesworth have volunteered to review the existing statement in light of the planning changes.
190909. Update on action points from last meeting
- underpass – awaiting revised invoice. Queried regarding why this wasn’t a county responsibility and the response from County was that this was due to tiles being used in the construction.
- financial regulations – updated version circulated for approval following NALC advice- resolved to accept the changes.
- Christmas tree- Millford Plants have confirmed that they do not supply trees of the size needed, but have supplied another contact. Action clerk to contact local town clerks. Action clerk to request via Cllr Wrigglesworth a local landowner.
- Litter Bin – received and Cllr Wrigglesworth to install.
- Grit bins – replacement for damaged bin is in hand.
- Mail collections – response from Royal Mail received but no plans to change the decision.
- Affordable Housing – letters to parish residents have been posted out.
- Website (accessiblity regulations) – Cllr Heard has received a plethora of information. Action clerk to check with YLCA for further advice.
- telephone box – shelving to be ordered from CIL money in October.
- Parish notice board – on hold until the telephone box amendments have been completed.
- Bus services – still awaiting response from Mary Welsh (NYCC).
- Brant Lane; – has been declared as a public bridleway and the parish council to receive funds to pay a contractor for repairs.
- signage – Fanny Lane is now signed with thanks to Cllr Sweeting.
- Mill Lane overgrown hedges – Grimston section still needs cutting.
- Use of Village Hall as a polling station – Cllr Sweeting to contact Palbiner Mall at SDC to confirm it is still needed for the purpose.
190910. Correspondence received.
emails circulated to councillors.
Green Space audit – discussion over communication received regarding the areas identified as green space. Resolved to accept the report findings.
190911. Action taken since the last meeting under the clerk’s delegated powers
See action points listed above.
190912. Village Hall
Report: From Cllr Heard re village Hall matters. Reported that a new treasurer has been appointed. Some tweaks to the website will be needed. New publicity is planned for the usage of the hall. Cllr Sweeting recommended that the VHC contact Chris Hailey-Norris regarding publicity. Some renovations are in the pipeline but nothing confirmed as yet.
190913. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference. Concerns raised regarding speeding vehicles in the village and it was noted that Bolton Percy now has a 20MPH limit and appears to be in a similar position . Action clerk to contact parish clerk at Bolton Percy for further information. Cllr Sweeting also offered to speak to Richard Musgrove on this matter.
b) Items for the next agenda. To take any points from councillors for inclusion on the next agenda. None raised.
190914. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present . No members of the public present.
190915. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting – 10 October. 19.30 in the Village Hall.
190916. Closure of Part 1 of the council meeting at 20.38.
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting.
No part 2 items.
Signed. Gill Kitchen clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council 11/09/2019