MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF STUTTON CUM HAZLEWOOD PARISH COUNCIL held on Thursday 6th September 2018 at 19:30 in the Stutton Village Hall.
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the council is in session.
Present: Cllr D Birchall (Chairman), Cllr P Spurrier (Vice Chairman), Cllr C Heard, Cllr D Kent, Cllr S Wrigglesworth, Cllr D Mackay
Mrs G Kitchen(clerk)
3 members of the public.
The Chairman welcomed councillors and visitors to the meeting; reminded visitors when comments may be made and that the public must not interrupt whilst the meeting is in progress.
180902. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the room for the relevant item(s) – Declared by Cllr Heard with respect to the planning application for 3 Sugar Hill Farm.
180903. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors’ present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors
Clarification was given regarding grass cutting –MOP reported that wildflower side over the bridge is cut by NYCC contractors. Action clerk to write to NYCC regarding this and Cllr Mackay to raise at County.
MOP raised the issue of a lack of facilities for young people within the village, approximately 25 young people. The only apparent space is behind the pub as the current play space is very close to a road and ball games are forbidden. See also later agenda item. – action Cllr Wrigglesworth to contact a local landowner to discuss possible siting of a play area.
MOP raised the issue of the derelict bench outside the bungalows. Resolved to explore possibilities.
Concern raised by a MOP regarding the appeal reference quoted in the agenda.
Received from Cllr Sweeting – the council resolved to accept the apologies.
180905. Minutes of previous meeting
- Councillors discussed and resolved to accept the 30th July minutes as an accurate record of the meeting.
- The Chairman signed the minutes
180906. Reports from
- Chairman – activities since the previous meeting – see agenda items
- NY County Councillor – reported on speed activated signage and which is to be discussed 13/9/18, at County. Possiblity of reduced or nil costs. It was reported that the planning department is now at full strength and addressing the backlog of applications.
- SD Councillor – not present.
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc. Clerk to investigate signing up for regular police updates.
- Progress reports – to give updates on on-going projects – see action points below.
180907. RFO’s report on current balances and payments
a) Current balances (to be dealt with at the meeting)
£16,130.43 Statement 27 July to 24 August 2018
£2,093.32 Business account as at 31 August 2018.
The clerk is working on the accounts to provide a simpler document so no accounts were produced for the meeting.
b) Payments made since last meeting
c) Payments to be made at this meeting
Clerk’s salary £193.37 Cheque no.000871
C Phillipson (internal audit) £280.10 Cheque no. 000872
d) Any other invoices received since agenda preparation
September clerk’s salary £193.37 Cheque no. 000874
HMRC £145 Cheque no.000873.
e) Payments received since the last meeting
None although the second instalment of the precept is due this month.
f) The Council resolved to accept report and payments; chairman initialled bank sheets & invoices.
g) Year end accounts internal audit – Action clerk to scan and email the report.
Applications received: Council to discuss and resolve comments on any applications received.
Application for single storey extension to Hambleton House, 3 Sugar Hill Farm, Wingate – no observations as it doesn’t appear to be in conflict with the design statement.
Appeal against decision on East of 15(17) Mill Lane ref. APP/N2739/W/18/3205877 original reference for the application was 2017/1214/FUL – the application is 3 ½ years old and the PC originally objected on a number of grounds which were minuted and confirmed at the next meeting. SDC sent incorrect documentation but then agreed subsequent application before the PC could put in observations. Action Cllr Heard to draft a response to circulate and then clerk to mail to SDC.
Decisions made – 2018/0572/TPO Application to clean out crown, The Owl House – Permitted
2018/0591/TPO Application to fell and remove Silver Birch at Bramble House – Permitted
180909. Update on action points from last meeting
- internal audit – clerk to circulate the auditor’s report.
- report from Pauline Hogg re. Wildflowers –the area concerned has been nominated to be a candidate local wildlife site. Pauline has re-contacted all previous contacts, including funding for signage, the siting of the signs needs Highway’s approval. A volunteer at the CEF has offered to administer any funding received. Pauline has also asked for funding for future work. She has also contacted Darrington Quarry, who have declined to fund as the quarry is currently mothballed.
- ownership of the underpass – still being explored.
- broken fence – MOP confirmed that Selby District Council (3 months ago) has accepted responsibility for repairing of the fence , promising to repair within 4 weeks (Glen Donaldson). Action clerk to contact Highways.
- Advice from Yorventure – they are winding down and not accepting new requests.
- Register of assets – The clerk reported that she is unable to locate a register. A figure was given at the previous audit and this needs revising. Cllr Mackay reported the cost of timber benches as being approx £300. The council owns a bench which is in a poor state of repair it was resolved to replace the wood on the bench (near bungalows). Cllrs Spurrier and Kent to remove the wood, Mr Tillett to quote for replacing the wood. Action clerk to find original invoice.
- Insurance – action clerk to contact Zurich and YLCA.
- GDPR policy – currently been worked on by the clerk.
- Clerk’s contract – as a result of the clerk training, it was noted that there is no formal contract in place for her. Action clerk to amend previous contract and include the new details and submit for approval.
- Dangerous road and “near misses”- Highways representative is meeting with Cllr Birchall. Action clerk to contact Towton parish council.
- Quarry application – being reported as outstanding at next week’s NYCC Planning committee but no-one has been invited as yet.
Cllr Birchall – bank transfer – Cllr Spurrier and Kent to action.
Cllr Spurrier to contact the contractor regarding grass cutting contract. – done.
Cllr Spurrier – investigation into the purchase of a new bench – see agenda item above.
180910. Review of standing orders
Progress report – recent amendments have been incorporated into the review. Awaiting data protection items. It was estimated that around 95% of the standing orders can be accepted.
180911. Correspondence received
Consultation regarding Shale Gas Exploration and planning applications (see email circulated previously).
Communication regarding article in Stutton Chronicle (acknowledgement and thanks to MOPs on telephone box), publicity for use of phone box in the village. – action Cllr Spurrier who took suggestions from councillors.
Email from MOP regarding speeding on Garnett Lane (see email) – confusion on what the speed limit actually is. Discussed extensively about the history, including an initiative to reduce it to 30mph. Action clerk to contact Highways to request a reduction.
Email from MOP regarding provision of a play area in the village – see earlier discussion.
180912. Action taken since the last meeting under the clerk’s delegated powers
See action points listed above.
180913. Village Hall
Report: From Cllr Heard re village Hall matters – The VHC had consulted with architects regarding the construction of a new Village Hall. Cllr Wrigglesworth has consulted with Humphrey Smith regarding updating the amenities. The PC had agreed to donate £600 for the upkeep/repair of the shed etc to the Village Hall.
Request for a subsidy for community events held in the Village Hall – agreed to make a donation of £150 towards this . Proposed by Cllr Kent and seconded by Cllr Spurrier.
180914. Archive materials from Sally Loaring
Action to meet at Cllr Heard’s property and check materials.
Review of National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) – Cllr Spurrier and Cllr Kent have reviewed the documentation – see email to copy across for the minutes. There is a need to review the village design statement. Resolved to do this in a separate meeting
180916. Councillors’ Forum
a}To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference.
Request for permission to purchase new pads for the defibrillator – granted.
Request from MOPs for financial assistance to purchase the flowers for the Stutton sign – granted.
Mill Lane – see earlier discussions. The hedge has also grown so much that visibility is very poor. Action clerk to contact the agent .
Query regarding disposal of hedge clippings on Church Lane. Clerk to write to householder concerned.
Request from clerk for permission to attend the VAT training – granted.
b) Items for the next agenda
None were raised at this point.
180917. Further comments from the public
To receive any further comments on the meeting from electors present – reported that Weedling Gate road surface is collapsing – action clerk to write to Highways and Cllr Mackay to discuss also at County.
180918. Date, time and place of next meeting
Council to agree date, time and place of next meeting – 7.30, 11/10/18
180919. Closure of Part 1 of the council meeting at 9.25pm
Members of the public and press are excluded from this part of the meeting – no part 2 items.
Signed. Gill Kitchen clerk to Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council 07/09/18.