OFFICIAL NOTICE OF STUTTON CUM HAZLEWOOD PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
The Meeting of Stutton cum Hazlewood Parish Council was held on Thursday 7 September 2023 19:30
Clerk: Mrs G Kitchen.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07796 544404
Meetings are open to the press and public except for any item labelled as Part 2 under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960.
Press and public may not speak when the Council is in session.
Present: Cllr P Spurrier (Vice Chairman) , Cllr Grayson, Cllr E Catt Mrs G Kitchen (clerk/RFO)
No members of the public present
The Vice-Chairman welcomed councillors to the meeting; No members of the public present.
To receive councillors’ apologies and reasons for absence; to resolve whether or not to accept the reasons. Apologies received from Cllrs Heard, Mackay and Poskitt. The Council resolved to accept the apologies for the reasons given.
230903. Declarations of interest
To receive and record any declarations of personal, prejudicial and disclosable pecuniary interests. Councillors with any prejudicial interests must leave the meeting for the relevant item(s).None declared.
230904. Minutes of previous meeting
Councillors to discuss and resolve whether to accept the 10 July minutes as an accurate record of the meeting.
Chairman to sign the minutes if accepted. The Vice-Chairman signed the minutes as accepted
230905. Public Forum
To receive comments on agenda items and matters of community interest from electors present. For information only; clerk to note comments; no discussion between councillors and electors. No MOPs present.
230906. Administrative Matters
Replacement pads ordered, delivered and installed. Paediatric pads are on the waiting list for ordering.
Darrington Quarries – councillors to inform clerk as to availablity – clerk to contact the manager to ask what are the best dates and then to contact the council.
Old London Road Quarry – update by clerk. Clerk has contacted Sam Till but only received an out of office message. Clerk to re-send as a matter of urgency.
Hedge Trimming at empty bungalow – update from Cllr Grayson to establish ownership – Cllr Grayson to do the land registry search.
230907. RFO’s Report on current balances and payments – at 7/8/2023 current account £12708.13
investment account 10111.08
Payments – clerk salary £250.67cheque no. 001097
G.Kitchen (reimbursement for defib pads + postage £98.40 cheque no, 001098
230908. To receive reports from:
- County and District Councillors –
- Any other representatives – Police, CEF etc..No-one present.
Decisions – Peggy Ellerton Farm APP/N2739/W/20/3251897 – Proposal: Section 73 application to vary condition 02 (approved plans) of approval Granted.
ZG2023/0431/HPA, Erection of free standing timber orangery at Hazelroyd Sugar Hill Farm – Granted
230910 – Matters ongoing
Underpass Lighting – ongoing. – clerk to contact Kirsty Poskitt
Underpass Clearing – Now done by local contractor. Cllr Catt reported a broken “danger overhead lines sign” – clerk to report to Northern Power Grid
Police Surgery on 24 September – the local police officer is holding a meeting on this date from 3.00pm until 5.00pm. A good opportunity to ask about rural crime, speeding or any other matters. Representatives from the other village committees will also be present. Cllr Catt volunteered to deliver the leaflets in the village.
Dead trees on Weedling Gate – A MOP has reported that 4 of the trees appear to be dead and concern that they might topple in high winds. Discussed and resolved for the council to visit the site to assess the issue.
CiLCA training for clerk. – authorisation granted by council.
Website Upgrade ongoing. No progress on new web site but former council chairman David Birchall has very kindly agreed to post this year’s minutes and agendas.
Clerk’s IT equipment – meeting rearranged for after 18/9/23
230911 –Correspondence received
Request from Greenworx to prune trees on path near Church Lane and A64, Clerk to contact Greenworx, to ask who he is contracted to and whether there has a been a recent survey to establish how much pruning will be needed.
230912. Village Hall Update Cllr Spurrier gave the following update on village hall events.
General – There has been an increase in rental of the hall, which is encouraging. The Tuesday Social continues to be well supported, with regular and new people attending each week. In terms of social events, a number of “talks” are planned for the winter months. Sadly, due to low levels of interest, the race night planned for 30 September has had to be cancelled. Options to plan it for later in the year are being considered.
Finance – Financial and functional management of the VH is now combined with SSC and the process of combining the bank accounts is underway. The charges for hall rental have recently been reviewed and it has been agreed that the discounts available for regular and parish users will be better highlighted.
Grants – Following a successful grant application, British Gypsum (BG) have offered materials to support some of the planned renovation for the Hall. A meeting with the rep from BG is scheduled for later in the month. VH is still awaiting payment of the grant provided via Kirsty Poskitt and one other grant application is ongoing. A further two possible grant opportunities have been identified and applications will be made to these.
230913. Councillors’ Forum
a)To take any urgent points of community interest and/or concern from Councillors. No decisions may be taken at this meeting on any items raised here. Clerk to make notes for future reference. A former clerk has received correspondence from a solicitor regarding subsidence. This is not within Stutton Parish Council boundaries and clerk to contact them to inform them of this.
Cllr Spurrier has received details of grants available from the PCCC, to discuss at the next meeting after Cllr Spurrier has circulated the details.
230914 – Further comments from the public – none present
230915 – Date of next meeting 12 October 7.30
230916 – Closure of meeting -20.28
230917. Part 2 – No part 2 items.